• hmmm, there where only checkpoints no frontlines for the U.S.!
    I think somebody reported it but they must have overheard it?! :?…

• '16 '15 '10

@Historybuff:

I still say that Japan attacking Russia would have been bad for the Allies beacause the forces that made up the bulk of the Russian counterattack outside of Moscow came from Siberia.  They came west once Stalin realized that Japan wasn’t going to attack.  The Germans might have been able to take Moscow and more if it weren’t for those troops from Siberia.  Plus Japan had been preparing for an invasion of Russia for years they would have know what they were doing.  They would have at least tied down Russian forces that were desperatly needed at the eastern front.  And even if the British lost the Battle of Britan, Germany didn’t have the resources to invade.

Good points.  Another reason occurred to me recently why Japan didn’t attack Russia…I wonder if it’s valid in the light of scrutiny.  What if Japan was worried that the Russians would use their industrial capacity to supply weapons to the Chinese?  With China, Allies would have a limitless reserve of manpower…they would just need the guns and ammo to fight with.  There is no way the Japanese could blockade a Russian-Sino supply line, so they needed the peace treaty with Russia.  Not to mention the long term problem of China and the Soviets forming an anti-Japanese alliance, and the Soviets pressuring the Chinese Communists to resolve their differences and form a Popular Front with the Nationalists.

• no I am not bashing americas military(it is one of if not the most advanced in the world today). I am however slighting there lack of commitment to actual conflicts that take more than a year. America just doesnt know how to control its own people!

• @idk_iam_swiss:

I am however slighting there lack of commitment to actual conflicts that take more than a year.

Americans like instant solutions.

• which is why mcdonalds, and plastic surgery are such a big deal in america

• @Adlertag:

@idk_iam_swiss:

I am however slighting there lack of commitment to actual conflicts that take more than a year.

Americans like instant solutions.

You both have very good points. Can’t disagree.

• @balungaloaf:

@idk_iam_swiss:

We also know what happens when America enters wars without being attacked first…they wimp out and go home. Honestly losing the air war would have been devestating to the allies.

evidence?  if you say vietnam i’m going to give you a long post for a history lesson.

I really want to see the long post of this, not that i have a strong opinion but i really want to see your logic and justification laid out. Vietnam certainly doesn’t look like a victory at first glance.

• i would have to say if Germany wins the Battle of Britain…beucz if Britain falls…D-day doesnt take place…and the UK wouldnt be able to help the US in the Pacific against the Japanese

• If Germany wins the air war over Britain, then there is no D Day invasion.

• Maybe said before, but I am too lazy to read all posts.

When D-Day happened the war was already over. As a Dutch man I still am very glad it happened, otherwise the Netherlands, Belgium and France would have the same fate as Hungary or Poland.

I voted battle of Britain. No staging ground for US troops. No Atlantik Wall. Way less soldiers needed to protect the coast. But most importantly: MORALE! The boost to Germans, all resistance movements in France and other countries would have lowest morale possible, Russians fight alone, US not so eager to join the war, less British troops against Japan (or none at all, peace?) etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m