League rules idea: mulligans for patrons

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I would suggest the gold members!! are part of a senate that oversees the league.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@djensen said in League rules idea: mulligans for patrons:

How about this:

4 league games for free
    Bronze for 5 or more games
    Silver required for playoffs
    I could offer a $120/year level but I’m not sure what perks to add beyond what Gold offers. Maybe you can choose 1-2 people to qualify for more league games and playoffs?

Back to this idea.

The new top tier badge could be “Cross” or “Distinguished” or something. I was trying for Bronze Star, Silver Star, and Gold Star originally but apparently there is no Gold Star? The lower tier could be “War” or “Service” to represent that it’s mostly for playing online.

A Distinguished Patron can award 4 Service Patron badges per year. The recipient of the Service Patron badge may upgrade to any higher badge for a 20% discount.

I still like the idea of an in game benefit. The re-roll idea may not have been specific enough. There are many different flavors:

• Re-roll an entire battle (nope; that’s too much)
    • Re-roll all of your units for one round of battle (maybe too much)
    • Re-roll all of your units of a specific type for one round (still could be a lot)
    • Re-roll one die
    • Re-roll one die with a minimum number of units requirement. I.e., you cannot use your re-roll in a 3 on 2 battle; can’t use it for AAA guns; can’t use it for strategic bombing; etc.

Also, if you get 4 wins for your first 4 games, you “win” an service badge. It’s kinda like a qualifier. Don’t hit the qualifier, it’s okay, just pay $15 for the year or find a Distinguished Patron to sponsor you.

• Updated the above. Last sentence is new.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@djensen sorry, but I am absolutely and strictly against any re-rolls, not even one single dice. The result of one match (including all battles) must solely depend on strategic and tactical mastery and dice and never on what a player is willing to pay.

• @Martin said in League rules idea: mulligans for patrons:

@djensen sorry, but I am absolutely and strictly against any re-rolls, not even one single dice. The result of one match (including all battles) must solely depend on strategic and tactical mastery and dice and never on what a player is willing to pay.

Fair.

What about “wins the coin toss for bids”?

• @djensen if someone asks for non-standard bid process, they should offer the opposition the choice of sides in the event of a tie.

I did this for my most recent league match.

• @djensen

I agree with the bidding perk for supporting the site in the league.
    I have changed the 2024 league rules as follows (entire bidding section cited)!

Bidding - is normally used to ensure that both players are satisfied with the side they will play.

Default settings for bidding:

1. Limit one bid unit in a territory or sea zone.
    2. The nation placing a unit in a territory or sea zone must have started with a unit in said territory or sea zone prior to placing the bid.
    3. China can only add infantry

In a regular season game, the player with a higher support level for A&A.org (gold, silver, bronze) may make the opening bid. If support levels are the same, a die roll decides.
    In the playoffs, the higher seeded player will bid first (no respect to badge level in the playoffs)

The term “unit” includes facilities as described in page 27 of the Europe 2nd edition rulebook, therefore facilities may be added with a bid, and another unit may be added to a territory with only a facility.

The 2024 league rules now also give a perk to badge holders in breaking ties for playoff bracket positionings:

Tiebreakers (for same ELO), for seeding, in order:
    1 - Head to head play during 2024
    2 - Highest badge of support for A&A.org
    3 - Strongest opponent defeated (by 12/31 ELO)
    4 - Die roll on the forum

• thinking out loud here so these are unrefined ideas, but how about a special annual tournament for contributors where they qualify to enter and a small portion of each contribution goes into a prize fund, e.g., $5 out of the $60 gold tier, maybe $3 out of the silver, and bronze maybe doesn’t get any financial prize but they may participate in the bronze tourney?

i don’t know how much that actually adds up to, but a chance to compete and win in an annual tourney and win a prize pot might be another sweet incentive.

i’m sure there are a lot of details that’d need to be worked out, including what variant of the game to make the standard for this/these tourney(s)…

• @axis-dominion I like the idea but it might be considered gambling in some regions.

• System unpinned this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m