• @Uncrustable:

@oztea:

You mean my 194_2_ setup, which can be found here. (Time frame is late may, 1942)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30862.0

Probably has 3x as many units as Larry’s setup, which is basically just a copy of the Spring 1942 2nd Edition setup brought over to the big board.

Do you have a triplea savegame for 42 aswell?

I will try to make a saved game.

• The only problem is that I don’t know how to edit units on transports without going through a turn the hard way.  Or even how to edit politics.

• You can just edit, go through a turn (make sure everything is where it belongs) end the turn, then edit cash on hand (which you can do I think)

• I enjoy the Global 1940 2nd Edition game, although it can be lengthy.  I looked over the LH Global 1942 and it looks very interesting, but I have a few questions.
    1-Before starting the game, is there a need to establish any type of non-aggression pact between Russia and Japan?
    2-Is the situation between Russia, Mongolia and Japan the same?
    3-1st turn:  Does Italy attack France in Tunisia?  And if so can Italy bring in more troops?
    4-1st turn:  Does Japan attack US ships in SZ 49?  Or can it retreat the sub, or can it bring in more warships?

• Evening Trooper.
    The rules are 2nd Edition, so the Japanese or Russians can break the Pact and attack each other. It will simply bring into play the Mongolia rules.
    I think it would benefit Russia, as Japan only has a handful of Ground units. I suppose they move to the border and wait.

I am afraid te Tunisia thing is unclear. It has to belong to one or the other. I simply put the Mech in Algeria. It might be an error.

The Japanese Sub can attack or flee.
    I think an attack with Air and the other Naval units make sense, as I wanted to eliminate the US’ only Transport.
    I went with 4 Naval and 2 Air. You will lose all in a counterattack, so I thought a nice tight
    result was called for.

Hope that helps.

• Thank you MidnightExpress.
    Tunisia is Italian then.  Good to know.

• Hey,
    Thanks Wittmann and Midnight Expres for answering so quickly.  So Japan and Russia can attack each other at any time, but if they attack a territory next to Mongolia then the Mongolia rule applies.  Have either of you played this version?  And if so, did it seem balanced and a good game?  Thanks again.

• My friend and I have started one, but he works days and I work evenings, so it is slow.
    Have done 3 nations of T1!
    Might take 3-4 weeks.

At first look, I think the Axis have no chance.
    Am not too bothered, as it is nice to have an alternate set up.
    If it gets on to AAA, I would play it.

• Customizer

I have noticed a couple of things:
    1 > The UK/India income starts at 10 IPCs, not 11. (India 3, West India 2, Burma 1, Shan State 1 and Celebes 3).

2 > There is a Japanese submarine in SZ 49 where there is also a US fleet of 1 BB, 1 CA, 1 DD and 1 Trn. Does anyone know if that sub is supposed to be there? Or is it a misprint situation like the French infantry in Italian Occupied Tunisia?

• We should ask on Larry’s site as Krieg cleared  up the Tunisia mix up.

Is UK Europe also 1 IPC out: does it not start on 28 and then has 1IPC for Ethiopia?
    Have I missed another territory?

• Krieghund has answered on Larry Harris’ site, detailing the correct  starting incomes.

Germany: 54. UK Europe:31. UK Pacific:10.

The Japanese Sub in SZ49(Solomons) is correct.

• This thread also needs to be moved back to the AAG40 thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m