Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• thanks!

• Can you choose to not place your purchased units just for the sake of it?  I know if u are unable, it is reimbursed money, but can you just choose not to place?

• I don’t know why Krieghund hasn’t answered it here.  I see you asked it in another thread.

The answer is that you MUST place all units that you bought as long as you have capacity.

• Unfortunately, TripleA does NOT require you to place everything.  I brought it to Veqryn’s attention and he doesn’t agree that it is important to close the loophole.  :-(

(Along with several others I’ve pointed out  :x)

• '12

seems that would be an easy fix…  :?

• Another easy one would be to require SBR first, then amphibious, then all others, but he thinks that’s unimportant, too.

As much time as he’s put into TripleA (much appreciated), he sure doesn’t seem to grasp a lot of the nuances of the game.

• TripleA '12

Completely agree. I think he’s purely concerned with the functionality of the system…

• '12

@Lozmoid:

Completely agree. I think he’s purely concerned with the functionality of the system…

the functionality of the system is partly measured by how it handles the nuances of the game.

• been out of the game for a while and just picked up 2nd edish a few weeks ago.  Trying to get up to speed on the new AAA and AA units and rules.  Do the AAA’s still fire at planes flying through a zone moving to a the next or is it only if your attacking that space and the units?

• @RogertheShrubber:

been out of the game for a while and just picked up 2nd edish a few weeks ago.  Trying to get up to speed on the new AAA and AA units and rules.  Do the AAA’s still fire at planes flying through a zone moving to a the next or is it only if your attacking that space and the units?

Only at the space with the units.

It’s been that way since AA50 - 2008  :-)

• Thanks!

• Any time

• So I’ve been out of the A&A loop for about a year but recently decided to dust off old dice boot and get some friends into the game only to discover that there is this new 1940 2nd edition.  Since its been released for a decent amount of time I was hoping I could get some advice about how much of an improvement this is and if there is a way to pick up only the new pieces as opposed to buying two more games.

THANKS!

• '16

@VZSTAL:

So I’ve been out of the A&A loop for about a year but recently decided to dust off old dice boot and get some friends into the game only to discover that there is this new 1940 2nd edition.  Since its been released for a decent amount of time I was hoping I could get some advice about how much of an improvement this is and if there is a way to pick up only the new pieces as opposed to buying two more games.

THANKS!

Historicalboardgaming sells individual A&A pieces as well as custom pieces. You should check them out.

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/

• @VZSTAL:

So I’ve been out of the A&A loop for about a year but recently decided to dust off old dice boot and get some friends into the game only to discover that there is this new 1940 2nd edition.  Since its been released for a decent amount of time I was hoping I could get some advice about how much of an improvement this is and if there is a way to pick up only the new pieces as opposed to buying two more games.

THANKS!

You have the original P40 and E40 like I do?  I don’t think there are any new pieces - the main change is a new rulebook and starting setup…

The rules and setup are significantly improved from the “1st edition”.

• '16

@Gamerman01:

I don’t think there are any new pieces

No new pieces?! ANZAC and Italy all have unique pieces now.
    As a matter of fact, every nation has unique pieces for everything, even AA guns!
    (Except the British transport and every French piece except their infantry… and China still uses US planes and artillery…)

If you mean no new pieces as in no new unit types, then well, the Anti-Aircraft Artillery units are new even though they’re just the successor to the AA guns.

• Right
    I’ve never even seen 2nd edition and I read about the AAA guns and different infantry many months ago and had forgot.  Guess I shouldn’t have posted.

So follow the link the guy gave you -
    I guess those minor changes didn’t mean much to me.

• I forget the answer to this one….

Is it impossible for ground units to unload from an ally’s transport to invade against scrambled aircraft without a surface ship or aircraft in the seazone?

Would the scrambled aircraft be attacking the transports?  Because they don’t belong to the power that’s moving/attacking… which makes me think that it’s impossible to scramble because there’s nothing to scramble against… and that confusion is why I’m asking the question.  I’ll write it in my rulebook this time!

• Official Q&A

From the Europe FAQ:

Q. Say the United Kingdom launches an amphibious assault from a US transport without any supporting UK sea or air units in the sea zone, and then the defender scrambles. What happens?
    A. In effect, nothing happens. The US transport doesn’t participate in the sea battle because it’s not the US’s turn. Since there are no attacking sea or air units, there is no sea battle. However, the sea zone can’t be cleared of defending combat units, so the amphibious assault can’t proceed.

• Ah, so it is impossible, as long as the defender does scramble to that zone

(Would be possible to get him to scramble his fighters to a different zone so the assault could proceed)  So it could conceivably be worth trying, if you’re going to give the defender something else to scramble/intercept at the same time…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m