Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• @captain:

Thanks…I’ll have to square things out with him.

Yeah.  If one of you has a rulebook, it will be easy.  If you don’t, give me your e-mail address and I’ll e-mail you the applicable page.

• Official Q&A

@Gamerman01:

Yes, limit 1 IC per territory.
    See “Industrial Complexes” in the rulebook

I’m seeing no such prohibition for air bases or naval bases, though…Â

Krieghund??  Can you build redundant bases to help prevent the enemy from disabling all your bases?  :roll:

Europe Rulebook, page 23:

You can’t have more than one facility of the same type (industrial complex, air base, or naval base) per territory.

• I see it there!  Thanks!
    Was only looking in the unit profiles where it says you can’t have multiple IC’s, but remains silent on bases….

• '16 '15 '10

Gamer + Krieg,

Say you are conducting an amphib assault in a sea zone that only contains an enemy transport.  Is it legal to attack the transport with a plane while also conducting shore bombardment with a bb?  Can you do both or is it just one or the other?

I feel like this already came up in the AA50 faq but I don’t remember what the answer was lol.

• Right, yes it did - no problem -

You can not attack a transport and also bombard from that sea zone.

• Sponsor

Does the movement restrictions for America in the Atlantic prevent ships from San Fransisco moving through the Panama Canal when not at war?

• @Young:

Does the movement restrictions for America in the Atlantic prevent ships from San Fransisco moving through the Panama Canal when not at war?

No.  As long as the ships on the Europe boards are adjacent to USA territory or in that one allowed zone in the middle of the Atlantic (forget the number)

Also, ships from EUS could go through the Panama and into the Pacific.

• Sponsor

Thanks

• Sponsor

Japan is attacking an ANZAC ship in a sea zone containing American ships. It is Japan’s first attack on the Pacific Allies, can the American ships defend or do they have to wait to declare war?  In game… Need answer quick.

• @Young:

Japan is attacking an ANZAC ship in a sea zone containing American ships. It is Japan’s first attack on the Pacific Allies, can the American ships defend or do they have to wait to declare war?  In game… Need answer quick.

If Japan did not declare war on the USA, then the American ships do NOT defend, but must wait until USA declares war.

The ANZAC ship is on its own.

• Planes still can’t fly over neutrals right?  By neutrals i mean true, pro-allied, and pro-axis.

• '12

they can’t fly over a neutral during combat move, unless and only if they are being used to attack that neutral.  they CAN fly over a neutral they have attacked that turn during NONCOM however.

• Sponsor

If America liberates Celebes, do they get the 3 IPC income increase.

• @ghr2:

Planes still can’t fly over neutrals right?  By neutrals i mean true, pro-allied, and pro-axis.

Right.

• @Young:

If America liberates Celebes, do they get the 3 IPC income increase.

It’s not liberation.  Liberation is when you free an Ally’s territory from enemy control and the control reverts back to your ally.

USA can take control of the Celebes (or any other Dutch territory) if they wrest it from an Axis power.  They then get all the benefits from controlling the territory, including the increased income, yes.

(Once a Dutch territory is controlled by any playable power, it will never be Dutch again.)
    Control can never go directly from Dutch to American.  It must be controlled by an Axis power before USA can control it and get income from it (any Dutch territory)

• Ok, the US flew a fighter on to a UK carrier and the US is not at war. If Germany were to attack that carrier does that bring the US into the war or does the plane just not fight?

• @Kingpin2010:

Ok, the US flew a fighter on to a UK carrier and the US is not at war. If Germany were to attack that carrier does that bring the US into the war or does the plane just not fight?

:-)
    It was illegal to fly the US fighter on to the UK carrier.

On a related note,
    At sea, you can ignore the units of powers with which you are not currently at war
    On land, you cannot attack a territory that contains any units of power with which you are not at war.  You must declare war on that power to attack the territory at all.

• Sponsor

Can all allied air units land on Dutch islands without needing to first land on them, or is it just ANZAC and UK?

• @Young:

Can all allied air units land on Dutch islands without needing to first land on them, or is it just ANZAC and UK?

Yes, any ally could land on Dutch territories (including in South America) because the Dutch are one of the Allies (at war with Germany)

Note, however, that the USA cannot land on Dutch territories (or move ground units into them) before the USA is in the war, because the USA is still neutral until at war, and is not an ally of the Dutch yet.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

@Young:

Yes, any ally could land on Dutch territories (including in South America) because the Dutch are one of the Allies (at war with Germany)

Note, however, that the USA cannot land on Dutch territories (or move ground units into them) before the USA is in the war, because the USA is still neutral until at war, and is not an ally of the Dutch yet.

So would the following be a correct statement?

ANZAC, France, and the United Kingdom may land air units on Dutch Islands or territories immediatly without controlling them for a full turn. America, and Russia may also do this when they are at war with Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m