• Right at the beginning of your turn, before you make any regular purchases. This is just in case you make a breakthrough and roll for one that could influence how you spend the remainder of your income.
    For every 5$ you spend you get one roll and a 6 on any one of them means you have made a Tech breakthrough. You can only get 1 Tech per go and when you succeed, you surrender the counters you have accumulated. Imagine it could take 6 turns to succeed and 30+ IPCs.
    You then choose one of the two charts and roll again to see which Tech you have acquired. You do not choose one!
    If you wanted more Tech you would then have to start all over again by spending more money in a new turn.
    I hope I have helped you  understand, otherwise ask again and someone else will phrase it differently.

• Sponsor

Are there research tokens to collect in Global? I thought that ended with 50thAE.

• …still waiting for them to add the chronosphere…who needs paratroopers when you have the chronosphere?

• We use National Control Markers, or our memory.

• @Young:

Are there research tokens to collect in Global? I thought that ended with 50thAE.

Actually you don’t need to collect research tokens. As in Global they are lost after rolling the dice.

• Reread the rules and saw no mention of saving them. (We always do.) Thought that was probably the case. Makes spending money on Tech, bloody expensive if it fails and really annoying to the other side if it succeeds.
    Thanks for clarifying that Panther.

• On TripleA they use tokens though.

Buying research dice where you can’t pick your tech to roll for without tokens is quite silly IMO. Way too much risk.

Personally I don’t like tech anyways because of improved shipyards. If Japan or US is lucky enough to get that one in the first few rounds the game is ruined unless the other gets it soon too.

• '22

We use the houserule, to buy Labs, every Power can buy up to 3 labs, for 10 IPC each.But you can buy only 1, each round. After you have bought a lab, the same round, you can
    roll a dice, for each lab you have.It works perfect for us 8-)

• Sponsor

@GoekaWar:

We use the houserule, to buy Labs, every Power can buy up to 3 labs, for 10 IPC each.But you can buy only 1, each round. After you have bought a lab, the same round, you can
    roll a dice, for each lab you have.It works perfect for us 8-)

Nice rule, but I would make them $12 each.

• I’ve been using Most Holy’s Research Fac. rules basically it’s what was listed above but each power can have 4 not 3.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m