• @Stefano1189:

I have a question:

From sz 91 i attacked a german cruiser with english navy in sz 104 and free the sea zone.

During NCM a transport can move through sz 104 free from enemy ships to unload in London?

If London is controlled by the Axis already, then yes.

Can i move also a warship which doesn’t fight during the Combat phase?

Sure, you can move anything in the noncombat phase that hasn’t already moved.  As long as your ship doesn’t move into a zone with enemy surface warships you can move it.

• @Trisdin:

During the repair phase, can a damaged capital ship use 1 movement point to move into a naval base, get repaired, and than in the combat phase of the same turn, use a second movement point to move into a battle?

No, there is no moving outside the combat movement and noncombat movement phases.

• @Trisdin:

@Krieghund:

The USA gets all of its NOs when at war with any Axis power.

Does the U.S receive their NOs for being at war the same collect income phase in which they are declaring war?

Re-read the last paragraph under “The United States” on page 10 of the Europe 1940 manual.

• Sponsor

@gamerman01:

@Trisdin:

@Krieghund:

The USA gets all of its NOs when at war with any Axis power.

Does the U.S receive their NOs for being at war the same collect income phase in which they are declaring war?

Re-read the last paragraph under “The United States” on page 10 of the Europe 1940 manual.

OPPS! Sorry about that.

• No worries - just glad I could help.

• No my question is the following statement:

in Sz 91 we have 1 transport, 1 AC, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser of english navy. in Sz 104 we have a german cruiser. During combat move phase english warships attack german cruiser and sunk it. In Sz 91 remain AC and the transport.

During NCM, the transport and the AC can move through the hostile sea zone 104 and go to the sea zone 109 free of enemy ships?

In my opinion the enemy blockade does effects only during the combat move phase but can be bypassed during NCM if there isn’t any more warships further.

• Official Q&A

@Stefano1189:

During NCM, the transport and the AC can move through the hostile sea zone 104 and go to the sea zone 109 free of enemy ships?

Yes, as it is no longer hostile.

• Sponsor

If a fighter scrambles and commits itself to the defense of an adjacent sea zone, is it unable to retreat like all other defending units?

• Official Q&A

It may not retreat.

• UK declaration of war against Japan:

Can UK declare war?  Does ANZAC follow along?  Can ANZAC declare war and UK follow along?  How does this affect Japanese/US relations.

• @JimmyHat:

UK declaration of war against Japan:

Can UK declare war?  Does ANZAC follow along?  Can ANZAC declare war and UK follow along?  How does this affect Japanese/US relations.

Yes, UK or ANZAC can declare war.  Japan’s diplomatic relationship with UK and ANZAC is always the same - they’re coupled.  US can only declare war on Axis if USA is attacked, or if Japan attacks UK or ANZAC without provocation (besides the round 3 automatic thing)

So if ANZ or UK declares war on Japan, this does not affect the USA, which must remain neutral until attacked or end of its round 3 whichever comes first.

• Thanks gamerman, does a declaration of war against ANZAC by japan mean that US can then declare war on Germ on the next US turn?

• @JimmyHat:

Thanks gamerman, does a declaration of war against ANZAC by japan mean that US can then declare war on Germ on the next US turn?

Yes, that’s right, assuming the DOW by Japan on ANZ was unprovoked.

An unprovoked attack by Japan on UK/ANZ/USA allows USA to DOW Japan, and if USA can DOW one Axis power for any reason, she can DOW on them all.

• can a tank move 1 space then be loaded into a transport. I dont think so, but for clarity I would like to know.

• @ThomasJefferson:

can a tank move 1 space then be loaded into a transport. I dont think so, but for clarity I would like to know.

No.

The old Hasbro A&A computer game let you do that, though.  :-)

• When aircraft flys over a hostile zone with an anti-aircraft gun does the anti-arcraft gun get to fire at the planes?  If so, does this happen for combat movement and or non combat movement?

• Official Q&A

No.  AA guns fire only at planes actually attacking the territory that they’re in.

• @Krieghund:

No.  AA guns fire only at planes actually attacking the territory that they’re in.

Thanks Krieghund!

• Just to be 100% sure, this question probably been asked a few times already but…

U.S.A. enter war at the collect income phase of the 3rd turn? That mean that all restriction apply for all the previous phase of the 3rd turn?

And also. When a territory that belong to a country that has it’s capital under control of the enemy is captured by one of his ally. (Exemple : Uk captured Normandy from the Germans while Paris is controlled by them, they put a UK Marker on the zone? And what happen when France is rescued, they get all their original country back?

Edit : Also, one thing happened in our game tonight. UK Fleet in the Mediterean Sea attacked 50% of the Italian Fleet and destroyed it. On Italia Turn, the other 50% of the fleet attacked, UK Player choosed to take one hit on his carrier as a casualty. Italia retreated after that, and Germans aircraft attacked the UK Fleet on their next turn. Just to be sure, the aircraft on a damaged carrier can’t defend right?. So it was an easy victory for the Germans. Was this played correctly?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, MightyPol!

@MightyPol:

U.S.A. enter war at the collect income phase of the 3rd turn? That mean that all restriction apply for all the previous phase of the 3rd turn?

Yes.

@MightyPol:

When a territory that belong to a country that has it’s capital under control of the enemy is captured by one of his ally. (Exemple : Uk captured Normandy from the Germans while Paris is controlled by them, they put a UK Marker on the zone? And what happen when France is rescued, they get all their original country back?

Yes, UK takes control of the territory, and France gets it back immediately when Paris is liberated.

@MightyPol:

UK Fleet in the Mediterean Sea attacked 50% of the Italian Fleet and destroyed it. On Italia Turn, the other 50% of the fleet attacked, UK Player choosed to take one hit on his carrier as a casualty. Italia retreated after that, and Germans aircraft attacked the UK Fleet on their next turn. Just to be sure, the aircraft on a damaged carrier can’t defend right?. So it was an easy victory for the Germans. Was this played correctly?

Almost.  Since UK took a hit on its carrier when Italy attacked, the planes would be unable to land after the battle.  They would have one space to move after the Italians retreated to find a place to land.  If a place could not be found, the planes would be lost.  So, when Germany attacked, there would be no planes on the carrier.

Since planes are almost always in the air, it’s very unusual for one to be trapped on a damaged carrier.  The only way it can happen is if the carrier is damaged while attacking with a friendly plane on board (a US fighter on a UK carrier, for example).  In such a case, the plane is considered cargo and does not leave the carrier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m