Fortress America and Conquest of the Empire

• '19 Moderator

I own Fortress America, I never realy liked it, my friends always wanted to play it, but I always wanted to play A&A.  That was in High School, like 18 years ago  :-P  I probably haven’t played it is 10 years or so, I’m not even sure where it is.

• Fortress america os an ok game, i really like shogun alot.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I used the Fortress America pieces for WWIV version of Axis and Allies complete with hover tanks (can cross sea zones provided they start on land, cross one sea zone and end on land.) etc.

Worked quite well.

• @Jennifer:

I used the Fortress America pieces for WWIV version

what happened to WWIII?

• @Imperious:

Fortress america os an ok game, i really like shogun alot.

I also like shogun - like Risk with ninjas. Ahh… the 80’s.

• Used to play FA to take a break from A&A back in the late '80s and my friends and I had fun, but I don’t think we were really playing it correctly.  A couple of years ago a friend in my gaming group in Colorado picked up a copy of FA from ebay because we were all stuck in the Axis & Allies/Future Risk rut before we got copies of A&A Europe and Pacific.  We were all excited to play FA again and we had a decent game, but compared to the mechanics of A&A, the mechanics of FA seemed sluggish and counterintuitive.  We have played FA twice and no one is clamoring for an FA session anytime soon especially since we are now exploring new A&A terrain with Europe and Pacific.  We might use some of the FA pieces in a variant A&A scenario (motorized land vehicles).  In any case, you still have to love the “Saddam” picture on the box.  I’ve only played Conquest once, the new edition with the classic and the new rules (we played classic, but are looking forward to trying the new rules) and I enjoyed the game but my only (minor) complaint is that the new board is a little too large than necessary.  In my view, though, A&A revised still reigns supreme. :-)

• fort is fun and has the advantage of a quicker play out

shogun is great

conquest, being the first of the brood, is too simple but i am interested in trying the variant

a&a is still king

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@cyan:

@Jennifer:

I used the Fortress America pieces for WWIV version

what happened to WWIII?

IMHO, WWIII was NATO vs Warsaw Pact.  NATO won, with the unfailing guidance of the last true Republican President, one Ronald Regan.

Though, at the time we had just assumed WWIII would be nuclear and WWIV would be more conventional to avoid nuclear fallout.  Thus armies would go back to infantry, armor, fighters, etc.

• Jenn, there is another forum for political discussion.  The title to this one is “Other Games” and, no, I don’t think that includes politics . . .  :roll:

• @Weekend:

Jenn, there is another forum for political discussion.  The title to this one is “Other Games” and, no, I don’t think that includes politics . . .  :roll:

is spreading propaganda one? if it is then Jen has that one down flat.  :evil: :lol:
    edit: sorry replaced the unappropriate language

• is spreading lies one. if it is then Jen has that one down flat.

out of line dude

• @critmonster:

is spreading lies one. if it is then Jen has that one down flat.

out of line dude

sorry forgot this was a primearly republican place.  also sorry i don’t look at Regan like he was a god.

• Posted by: cyan

Quote from: critmonster on Today at 05:01:14 PM
    is spreading lies one. if it is then Jen has that one down flat.

out of line dude

sorry forgot this was a primearly republican place.  also sorry i don’t look at Regan like he was a god.

you are making less and less sense with each post.  and aren’t you the one who dogged me out about improper grammar/spelling?

calling someone a liar IS out of line (IMHO)  disagreement is fine, even healthy as long as the discourse is civil and the information exchange is pertinent.

• @critmonster:

calling someone a liar IS out of line (IMHO)

yes it is.

• OK people we now have a spelling check for the bad spellers…

and stay on topic BTW

• yes a grammer check would be a decent idea.

• 2007 AAR League

Make sure it has Punctuation Check too!

• OKAY back to the topic at hand.  Fortress America.  I bought this sucker off ebay and love it.  Even better than Axis and Allies.  I have finally figured out how to win with America!

Kill Russian bombers.  Fall back and force them to fight you one zone against one zone.
    Delay the best you can the Central Americans so you can divert forces behind them.  Same strategy, force them to fight you one zone against one zone.
    Stay one zone ahead of the Asians and continually retreat so they can’t use the helicopter jump where they can take an extra zone.  You can delay them up to 10 turns.  Fight back once you retreat back to Minneapolis.

PS.  Jen, your pics get hotter and hotter!!!  Damn Girl!  :-o

• '19 Moderator

Hey Rune, the secret weapon for America is the mass redeployment card, If you can turn that card after you get holedup in Minn, it’s game over!

• '19 Moderator

Oh also, maximise use of the giant friggen lazer beams.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m