• Sponsor

What’s a good amount of chips (the plastic kind) to have so that you don’t run out during a Global game? Keep in mind that the setup requires 103 gray, and 13 red.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

“The Can Opener” Haha!  :-D

All bunkers should have canine companion like the one snoozing in your last vid Grasshopper! Nice trick from the home depot.

Great tips on the chips too guys. Those set ups are damn slick!

• Sponsor

@Black_Elk:

“The Can Opener” Haha!  :-D

All bunkers should have canine companion like the one snoozing in your last vid Grasshopper! Nice trick from the home depot.

Great tips on the chips too guys. Those set ups are damn slick!

Ya he’s really affectionate and I wanted to pet him in the video for you guys, but he gets startled easy when he sleeps.

• '17 '16

Good ideas both YG and Marc!  :-)
    I think I will try to find these little things to fix my panels.
    And, even buy an acrylic panel…

It reminds me, long time ago while I played Classic, I’ve found a real rectangular windows glass which fit entirely on the board. We like the feel of playing upon this clean and smooth surface.

• '14 Customizer

I found this stuff at Menards.  Its called J-Trim (indoor version).  It worked great on my metal boards that are 1/4 inch thick. Thanks again YG!

• @Black_Elk:

All bunkers should have canine companion

Yes, even the Fuhrerbunker had one in April 1945, the famous Blondi.

• Sponsor

@cyanight:

I found this stuff at Menards.� Its called J-Trim (indoor version).� It worked great on my metal boards that are 1/4 inch thick. Thanks again YG!

Thanks Cyanight, I will caption the video with the name of it… Cheers.

• Sponsor

@CWO:

@Black_Elk:

HAHA… That’s awesome.

• This community is so helpful.  Thank you for the ideas everyone.  Keep the videos coming YG.  I’m really looking forward to your Japan strategy Video!

• Sponsor

@drummerinheat:

This community is so helpful.  Thank you for the ideas everyone.  Keep the videos coming YG.  I’m really looking forward to your Japan strategy Video!

Ask and you shall receive, Japanese strategy video is uploading and should be available in about an hour… I will post a new thread in this forum as well.

• Customizer

@Young:

What’s a good amount of chips (the plastic kind) to have so that you don’t run out during a Global game? Keep in mind that the setup requires 103 gray, and 13 red.

Usually one of my little Plano containers that holds 5 50-count stacks of chips is plenty. I have 3 stacks of white (50 each, 150 total), 1 stack of red (50) and 1 stack of blue (50). In an average game, we will go through about 2 1/2 stacks of the white, roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the red and barely touch the blues, like maybe 5 or 6 (remember, blues are 10 units).

• @Young:

@CWO:

@Black_Elk:

HAHA… That’s awesome.

Early in the movie Downfall, there’s a scene in which Hitler introduces Blondi to his new secretary, Traudl Junge, and (as I recall) says about Blondi “She’s smarter than most people.”  I’m sure he genuinely believed this, given his inclinations (which are nicely depicted in the movie) to rant to his generals that he’s surrounded by imbeciles and incompetents.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

@Young:

Usually one of my little Plano containers that holds 5 50-count stacks of chips is plenty. I have 3 stacks of white (50 each, 150 total), 1 stack of red (50) and 1 stack of blue (50). In an average game, we will go through about 2 1/2 stacks of the white, roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the red and barely touch the blues, like maybe 5 or 6 (remember, blues are 10 units).

I’ll have to count what I have as well, we never run out.

• Sponsor

I’ve got 250 Grays, 50 Reds, and 20 Blues… my group never uses the Blues, and I’m thinking we might as well get in line with everyone else and start using the Greens… so I’m thinking 200 Whites, 50 Greens, and 50 Reds from HBG should be a good set for every game.

Thoughts?

• '14 Customizer

I assume your using the Whites for (1) instead of the OOB Greys?  That looks good to me.

I have 200 Grey, 30 Green, 50 Red, 30 Blue.  We haven’t played a game with them yet but we are planning on Easter weekend.  I will definitely take some pics and possibly get a video too.

• Customizer

@Young:

I’ve got 250 Grays, 50 Reds, and 20 Blues… my group never uses the Blues, and I’m thinking we might as well get in line with everyone else and start using the Greens… so I’m thinking 200 Whites, 50 Greens, and 50 Reds from HBG should be a good set for every game.

Thoughts?

You are using the Greens as 3 units, right? In that case, you probably won’t need so many white chips. One reason we go through so many white chips is we don’t use a “3” unit chip. We do have green chips, but they are 50 units so they rarely get used.

• Customizer

I just had another idea (a bit nutsy perhaps). I have 10 different color chips. What if I used each to represent a different number in increments of 1?
    1 = white
    2 = red
    3 = blue
    4 = yellow
    5 = green
    6 = black
    7 = orange
    8 = brown
    9 = purple
    10 = pink

That might make for a really colorful board yet still not have much on there.
    Okay, I’m just being silly here.

• Sponsor

If I had all those chips, I would give the Axis their own colors, as well as the Allies.

Axis Powers

1= Yellow
    5= Black
    10= Purple

Allied Powers

1= White
    5= Red
    10= Blue

• '13

@cyanight:

@Bar91:

We use different colored chips for each unit type. �� I really helps to clean up stack on the board and to tell how many of each unit are in a territory.

white = infantry
    black = tanks
    green = art
    orange = mech
    brown = bomber
    blue = fighter
    yellow = tac.
    purple = navy (we ran out of colors so had to make due). �� We keep talking about painting the purple different colors for different ships but never get around it.

We still use reds to represent 5 units any type of unit.

That’s cool Bar, I’d love to see a picture of your game board with the chips sometime :)

Here are a few pics from recent game.  This post has the start of each side of the board.

Europe Start.JPG
    Pac Start.JPG

• '13

And here is a panoramic from around turn 3 or so.

In-Game Panoramic.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m