• I love all the new additions.  It would be neat if the computer could be set to play (in between the musical numbers) a short individual clip of things like BBC Radio messages to the French Resistance.  :-)

• Yeah some of the internet stations do that - play clips of Churchill and such. I was thinking I could probably stream an old war movie from utube, too - but it might distract from the game.

• '14

Again, just awesome!  Thanks for the new map pics too.  I like your ipc chart.  How did you apply the graphics to your magnetic ipc board?  I love how you have a picture of each nations leader on the country’s id cards by the way.  Any suggestions where to buy country flags to hang from the ceiling? Â

• @pfc_pander:

How did you apply the graphics to your magnetic ipc board?

I bought a piece of sheet metal from Lowes and spray painted it black (around the edges) then I printed out the ipc chart on paper from Office Depot and glued it to the metal with plain old glue stick. It stays stuck but will also scrape off if you want to change it later.

@pfc_pander:

Any suggestions where to buy country flags to hang from the ceiling?

I can’t remember exactly where I got all the flags but just google 3 X 5 flags and you’ll find most of them for around $8 each.

Glad you like the room! :)

• '14

I’m going to order some artillery units for China (Burma Road).  Any suggestions on where to get them.  I see HBG sells by color but not sure which color is closest.

• @pfc_pander:

I’m going to order some artillery units for China (Burma Road).  Any suggestions on where to get them.  I see HBG sells by color but not sure which color is closest.

What I do is buy them from HBG (whatever color) and spray paint all units of each country with Krylon Fusion paint (Wal-Mart) the color I want. That way they all match exactly, no matter where I got them.

• '14

Got my 3 Allies and 3 Axis flags ordered today.  Had to order from ebay and another site.  Didn’t pay much shipping though.  Only about $35 for all of them.  Room definitely won’t be done anytime soon but I plan on have a game in about 2 weeks while I’m on vacation.  Just trying to doctor it up a enough so it doesn’t look plain.  Figured flags would make the biggest impact quickly for my dollar.  Your table must be huge to house your map and still have room around the edges.  I will definitely have to make a custom top to put over my table.

• I had to custom make my table - the map is 58 X 34" and the table leaves a 7" border all the way around. I’ve found this is the minimum room you need if you are going to put reference cards, dice trays, battle boards, etc. out. Even then I needed side tables to put the piece trays out. Starting with flags is a good idea - they add color and give the room a lot of atmosphere.

• Customizer

Pfc pander,

A pretty close match is the yellow-green color. I have them mixed in with my U.S. units for nationalist China. You may also want to simply paint some OOB US artillery.

• '14

DK….after reading through your rules I like some of the customizations you added.  Looking at the R&D it seems like it is a nice way to prevent a game from running to long.  How has the R&D played out for you in some of your games and has it helped with putting a cap on the time?  It seems to me that if one nation buys a handful of research token for the A bomb it would make the opponent feel pressured to do the same.  fyi-just saw the movie Fury pretty good, 8/10.

• @pfc_pander:

DK….after reading through your rules I like some of the customizations you added.  Looking at the R&D it seems like it is a nice way to prevent a game from running to long.  How has the R&D played out for you in some of your games and has it helped with putting a cap on the time?  It seems to me that if one nation buys a handful of research token for the A bomb it would make the opponent feel pressured to do the same.  fyi-just saw the movie Fury pretty good, 8/10.

It works out fine so far. I wouldn’t say it shortens the game any, though. My research chart breakthroughs are spaced out by round - you can’t get the A-bomb until round 10, for example. Since I have a whole room just for Axis and Allies, we don’t have to worry about playing a whole game in one sitting. We usually play 3 rounds and then leave it set up for next time.

Yes I plan to see Fury soon - if its WWII I’m there!

• Really cool…DK!!! :-D

• New upgrade - I slightly raised the depth of my dice trays since it was hard for everyone to see all the dice results on certain rolls near the edges. I then added camo felt tops for a switch.

• That’s great looking there Der. Awesome wotk.

• Update: I’ve been working on this off and on since Christmas - the Enola Gay is now in flight over the map! Little Boy is on his way down…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Now that is really, very cool. Excellent setup DK.  :-o

Not to mention kinda scary at the same time.

• Impressive new addition to your setup, DK!  I’ll bet it’s a powerful morale-booster for the US player, and perhaps a little disquieting to the Japanese one!  Anyway, it looks great – I’d even characterize it as “beyond cool!”  :-D

• Sponsor

AWESOME DK!

I like the way you war.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Awesome war room DK! Love the Enola Gay and Little Boy, as well. :-D

• wow this is the best table and war gaming set up I have seen! so cool!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m