• Am I reading this correctly?

In situations where a sea zone is served by more than one airbase, Korea and Japan into sea zone 6 for example, each of the territories (or both in this case) can scramble up to 3 fighters and/or tactical bombers.

So Japan could scramble 3 planes from Korea and 3 planes from Japan for a total of 6 scrambled planes to help defend sea zone 6?

• Official Q&A

Yes, assuming the Japanese player has built an air base in Korea.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Tyzoq:

Am I reading this correctly?

In situations where a sea zone is served by more than one airbase, Korea and Japan into sea zone 6 for example, each of the territories (or both in this case) can scramble up to 3 fighters and/or tactical bombers.

So Japan could scramble 3 planes from Korea and 3 planes from Japan for a total of 6 scrambled planes to help defend sea zone 6?

If focusing on Europe for your win, I would HIGHLY recommend buying an airbase for Korea.  You may end up being pushed back and having those extra fighters and your Kami’s really puts a damper on the Allies excitment.

• '10

Is there any situation where you’re allowed to build a boat in a hostile sea zone ?

• @Axisplaya:

Is there any situation where you’re allowed to build a boat in a hostile sea zone ?

I’m pretty sure you can always build in hostile sea zones (assuming you have an IC, obviously).

• @Ruanek:

@Axisplaya:

I’m pretty sure you can always build in hostile sea zones (assuming you have an IC, obviously).

Yes, you are NEVER prevented from building any type of boat in any seazone adjoining a functioning IC.  Saying it positively, you can always build in hostile zones, as Ruanek said.

(You can even build a transport in a zone with a huge enemy fleet.)

• '10

tx

Situation:

China got mercilessly beaten in an attack on the Japanese.
    England and Japan are not at war.

Question:

Can the Chinese fighter land in Burma without instigating a free declaration by Japan on England? (Free as in the Americans cannot declare war early.)

This is round 1.

• i would immediatly assume no, since the uk is not allowed to be allied with china yet anyway. but i would wait for krieg, because he said, something along the lines of: since the uk and anzac start at war in europe, the arent under the restrictions of neutral powers

• @Cmdr:

Can the Chinese fighter land in Burma without instigating a free declaration by Japan on England? (Free as in the Americans cannot declare war early.)

This is round 1.

Yes. At any time Tigers (China’s Figter) can land in Burma (or Kwantung for that matter) without causing a Casus Belli. i.e. it’s not an act of war… and, futhermore, Japan has to declare war to UK in order to attack that China’s Plane.

I do, in some situation, escape Tigers that way…

• I agree.  Moving Chinese units into UK territory (Burma or Kwangtung) is not an act of war against Japan by the UK, because the rules do not state that it is.

1)  The rules are that if UK/ANZAC declares war on Japan, then Japan can declare war on UK/ANZAC without bringing the US into the war.
    2)  The other condition is if UK/ANZAC uses Chinese territory, which is considered an act of war.

The rules never state that Chinese taking refuge in Burma or Kwangtung is an act of war, therefore it is not (unless Krieghund surprises us all)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

on the same line then… if Japan has declared war on RUSSIA, But Russia is not yet at war with European powers…

Can Russia move forces through PERSIA to west India if the path is controlled by the UK, and said units are on the way to the Pacific?

@Gargantua:

on the same line then… if Japan has declared war on RUSSIA, But Russia is not yet at war with European powers…

Can Russia move forces through PERSIA to west India if the path is controlled by the UK, and said units are on the way to the Pacific?

No, because Russia is under the restrictions on each map side…it’s a special country.

• @Gargantua:

No because Persia is on the European boards.

A german transport unloads G1 into Finland with 2 infantry.  That’s Sz113.

On G2,  German ATTACKS Russia.

May said transport, then travel THROUGH A BATTLESHIP in Sz114 and proceed to amphibiously assault Norway from Sz115???

Krieg has said in the past that the German transport may ignore the Russian fleet on the round war was declared…if that’s what you were thinking.

That is the biggest load of HOG WASH I have heard in my entire life.

That would then mean, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to block an attack on Leningrad with your said battleship.

This condition also DOES NOT show up as any kind of special rule, anywhere at anytime.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24750.105

Also, can I have a few people LOOK at what happend in the last turn?

Commander Jen attacked with 9 infantry, 2 of which couldn’t make it.

Of course, my guys do well on defence, and I tell her she has to remove the excess dice for the infantry that “Didn’t Exist”.

Now AFTER dice are rolled, she’s trying to tell me, that she should be able to shuffle her aircraft, because her poorly designed attack failed?  Krieghund, can I get a ruling here???  If her dice had been HITS, and the combat over, she wouldn’t be asking to move the aircraft.

• @Gargantua:

May said transport, then travel THROUGH A BATTLESHIP in Sz114 and proceed to amphibiously assault Norway from Sz115???

Krieg has said in the past that the German transport may ignore the Russian fleet on the round war was declared…if that’s what you were thinking.

Not sure I understand when you say travel thru z114 and attack Norway from z115. Norway don’t border z115… and German can’t attack Russia in Norway… it’s German’s already.

But if I understand right your situation :
    G1 : z113 > z115 : Transport with 2 Inf, unload in Finland (that must be done in Non combat move BTW)
    R1 : z115 > z114 : BB… you didn’t mention it, but I guess Russia moved it to z114
    G2 : Transport in z115 move to load more troops and attack… perhpas Novgorod?

In any case here’s the rule : On the turn Nation A declares on Nation B, During combat move of Nation A they may load troops from any land bordering sea zone where the tranposrt starts at, even if there’s ennemy (to be) waships in that sea zone (where the transport starts). That’s it.

Any movement thru or at a sea zone will cause battle if ennemy surface warship is present (including not moving to unload).

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Gargantua:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24750.105

Also, can I have a few people LOOK at what happend in the last turn?

Commander Jen attacked with 9 infantry, 2 of which couldn’t make it.

Of course, my guys do well on defence, and I tell her she has to remove the excess dice for the infantry that “Didn’t Exist”.

Now AFTER dice are rolled, she’s trying to tell me, that she should be able to shuffle her aircraft, because her poorly designed attack failed?  Krieghund, can I get a ruling here???  If her dice had been HITS, and the combat over, she wouldn’t be asking to move the aircraft.

Are you seriously surprised?

• '10

@BigBadBruce:

@Gargantua:

Not sure I understand when you say travel thru z114 and attack Norway from z115. Norway don’t border z115… and German can’t attack Russia in Norway… it’s German’s already.

But if I understand right your situation :
    G1 : z113 > z115 : Transport with 2 Inf, unload in Finland (that must be done in Non combat move BTW)
    R1 : z115 > z114 : BB… you didn’t mention it, but I guess Russia moved it to z114
    G2 : Transport in z115 move to load more troops and attack… perhpas Novgorod?

In any case here’s the rule : On the turn Nation A declares on Nation B, During combat move of Nation A they may load troops from any land bordering sea zone where the tranposrt starts at, even if there’s ennemy (to be) waships in that sea zone (where the transport starts). That’s it.

Any movement thru or at a sea zone will cause battle if ennemy surface warship is present (including not moving to unload).

He messed the sz location.

At the start of the turn, there is a German tr in sz115. A russian BB in sz 114.
    Now Germany DOW Russia.

Question is:
    Can the German tr in sz115 pass thru the russian BB in sz 114 to go and pick up 2inf in Den for battle in Norway ?

• Question is:
    Can the German tr in sz115 pass thru the russian BB in sz 114 to go and pick up 2inf in Den for battle in Norway ?

No.

In fact I think (not sure for the following) that transport is doomed, but Official answer need. Here’s the (other) question in clear :
    A lonely German transport start in a sz with a neutral russian submarine (z115)
    A Russian BB is in sz114
    Germany declares on Russia.

I think the German is sunk if it stands in z115. There’s no German DD in reach. The ONLY way to “save” that transport is to move to z114 along other units to sink Russian BB… and, actually, even that is not allowed, since it’s not a legal “combat move” for that transport.

So, what I think is that transport just can’t move, must hold and wait for his faith as the Russian sub will retaliate for the declaration of war from Germany… in German’s combat phase! (i.e. German turn)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m