• '10

I cant understand why USSR has so many Naval units and ITALY gets the short end of the stick???

• Japan only has 8 tanks.

Thats not enough.

Italy having 2 cruisers is a joke.

Otherwise I am finally glad they chose the method of keeping track of what comes in the game, to avoid issues that were in other games. China is held accountable for shorting pieces, but the thought process on the two items above are lacking.

I guess Japan didn’t buy many tanks in playtest?

• Guess Japan just never got around to drive to Moscow in AA50!

Perhaps too busy elsewhere.!!  :?

• I don’t believe the playtesters have any influence on the no. of pieces they put in the box.

IMHO, they finally did listen a bit because there are way more infantry and armor pieces for each country than before. Why they only included 8 armor for Japan is beyond me, but that has to do with the fact that the guy who makes the calls about the no. of pieces is not an A&A player but a business man.

And of course the amount of Russian navy is ridiculous compared to Italian, so we’ll probably end up using Russian pieces for the Italian navy if needed.  :-P

• To tell the truth it is much better than I expected. I have seen worse. Overall the components are sufficient I think. I like the numbers of bombers too. The only problems I anticipate are with the:
    -Italian Cruisers
    -Japanese Armour
    -Chips
    Of course the number of Russian Naval units is ridiculous (although you need some for the rookies), but better too much than too little.

• Official Q&A

My playtest group never had any trouble with the number of unit pieces available.

I’m going to buy AA50 just so I can have a battle between those pieces and my 2nd ed pieces.  Now AA50 will greately out number them but my 2nd ed pieces are battle tested.  It should be an epic struggle.

:mrgreen:

• Japan only had 6 armor in revised… 8 is better than 6 at least… !

• @Rakeman:

Japan only had 6 armor in revised… 8 is better than 6 at least… !

Sure 8 is better than 6. But don’t forget you now got more money to spend and more ground to cover. So it is probably not enough.

• The soviets should not even have a navy.

At max:

1 BB
    1CV
    1CA
    2DD
    3SS
    3AP

the extra go to italy or japan or usa

• I didnt get my set up cards!!!1 :x :x :x :x

• well they are nice and thick. top quality. not to worry.

• Well I’m gonna use all my revised pieces for AA50. And the chips as well, they really never give you enough.

But for the Italian cruisers I was thinking of using the Jap cruisers from Gaudalcanal. Because I have the American cruisers in Jap orange, and those might do in a pinch for Italian cruisers.

Maybe depending on house rules there will be a option for a tactical bomber unit……Stukas and other fighter models that have been modified could be used. Maybe.

• @Stockus13:

But for the Italian cruisers I was thinking of using the Jap cruisers from Gaudalcanal. Because I have the American cruisers in Jap orange, and those might do in a pinch for Italian cruisers.

Hmm… add a little paint and maybe those miscolored cruisers will have some use after all…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m