• @Craig:

No one is forced to go after their bonuses, but I understand your concern about being channeled into playing the game along certain lines.

I would think that changes to the map, especially in Asia, will automatically make it much more difficult for Japan to go inland.  As such, they will naturally want to work in the Pacific.

Whether that is go or bad is up to the individual tastes of the gamer.

Craig

Right, but where in Revised there are no Allied VC besides India, there are several now in the Pacific. The allies (i.e. the US) cannot afford to just let Japan be. Making it harder for Japan on the mainland is balanced by making the USA work in the pacific.

• So a Pacific war will divert American money towards Japan every game. This will lead to less pressure on Germany and this is what leads to Germany having a “weak” economy(30 IPCs). This will lead to more balanced game than if you were given 40 IPCs as Germany.

Looks as if they have gone more historical. Except for the bonus stuff.

Is there a list of the bonus objectives? What do people know from memory.

• Is there a list of the bonus objectives? What do people know from memory.

It was posted that Germany receives a bonus for two different groups of territories.

one group is core territories in central Europe

The other represents spaces in Russia west of Moscow  ( say summer of 1942 historical start line)

Yes the bonus is making the direction of conquest and liberation follow a historical footpath.

• Re: Play balance in AA50 / Bids
    « Reply #16 on: Today at 06:03:05 pm »
    From the GEN CON Anniversary Game thread at the swamp:
    Also, there are bonuses that are for optional play. These will need to be tested as well. Bonuses such as if Germany holds X amount of territories, they get a bonus of 5 IPC at the end of the turn. All countries have these bonuses but we did not play with them at GEN CON…
    http://aaswampform.forumandco.com/gen-con-anniversary-game-f23/gen-con-anniversary-game-t15.htm

That sounds kinda like the same bonuses everyone’s been talking about.  So, if they’re optional Italy’s back down to 10 production w/o optional rules, lol?        end Quote.

This kinda sounds like the bonus’s ARE optional…

• So, let’s list the bonuses, and please feel free to edit as I’m only quoting and adding up:

Germany

Poland+Czech-Hungary+Bulgaria-Roumania= 5 IPCs
    Baltic States+Belorussia+East Ukraine+Ukraine= 5 IPCs

Soviet Union

Archangelsk + no Allied units on red areas= 5 IPCs

Japan

Netherlands East Indies+Borneo+Phillipines+no start area lost= 5 IPCs

UK

?

Italy

No enemy ships in Med sea zones= 5 IPCs
    Libya+Egypt+Italian Africa=10 IPCs

US/China

?

• I think it is interesting they added this concept from Risk.  Granted its not the entire continent but that wouldn’t work in this game.

LT

• @Lynxes:

So, let’s list the bonuses, and please feel free to edit as I’m only quoting and adding up:

I wish I’d spent more time memorizing these, but I’m pretty sure Russia also receives bonuses similar to Germany’s in Eastern Europe (possibly Finland, Baltic States, Ukraine).

The US has 4 (maybe even 5) small bonus conditions, one of which involves controlling France. I forget the others.

The UK receives at least one bonus for controlling key sea zones, but I forget which ones.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

• Ok, Herr Arnulfe, perfect! It doesn’t matter if we get everything right, at this point we just need something approximate to discuss preliminary strategies before we get the game. So:

Germany

Soviet Union

Archangelsk + no Allied units on red areas= 5 IPCs
    Finland+Baltic States+East Poland+Ukraine = 5 IPCs

Japan

Netherlands East Indies+Borneo+Phillipines+no start area lost= 5 IPCs

UK

?

Italy

Libya+Egypt+Italian Africa=10 IPCs

US/China

France = 5 IPCs
    XX
    XX
    XX

• @Lynxes:

Germany

I believe at least one of these is worth 10 bonus IPC (possibly both).

• I see some pattern. I think each nation has only 2 bonus options: a 5 and 10 IPC bonus for each nation.

• @Imperious:

I see some pattern. I think each nation has only 2 bonus options: a 5 and 10 IPC bonus for each nation.

That would be cool…  :-)

• @Imperious:

I see some pattern. I think each nation has only 2 bonus options: a 5 and 10 IPC bonus for each nation.

I can say with confidence that the average number of conditions per country is around 3, with the US having 5 smaller ones.

• @Lynxes:

I think it would be cool, if the bonus territories was connectet by a railroad printet on the map, and the bonus sea-zones was connectet by a ship-lane printet on the map. Then the enemy could denie you the bonus if he placed a plane on the railroad or the shipping lane.

• Do you get these bonuses if you control the territories at the beginning of your turn or at the end?

• What you occupy is collected for at the end of your turn, so it does not need to be held…which presents double collection problem. Should have used AARHE rules: collection of IPC done near start of turn, so your only collecting what you hold on too.

• @Imperious:

Should have used AARHE rules: collection of IPC done near start of turn, so your only collecting what you hold on too.

Can we please limit this to what the game rules ARE, not what they should (have) been??

The damn game is not even out yet and I’ve read several posts from you IL, about how the A&ARHE rules should’ve been used here, or over here….

• @axis_roll:

@Imperious:

Should have used AARHE rules: collection of IPC done near start of turn, so your only collecting what you hold on too.

Can we please limit this to what the game rules ARE, not what they should (have) been??

The damn game is not even out yet and I’ve read several posts from you IL, about how the A&ARHE rules should’ve been used here, or over here….

Easy there, man. IL is the dean of these sorts of things. Don’t criticize him, because he’s willing to speculate about the rules, even though we don’t know what the rules are yet. :mrgreen:

• Its ok… I love other passionate people who are hard core AA. Every idea has its time and everybody can have a say about its future. I try not to jab at him when he posts on AARe stuff in unrelated threads. Its all good.

We want passionate people here. Committed , Hungry, Dedicated!

• @Imperious:

Its ok… I love other passionate people who are hard core AA. Every idea has its time and everybody can have a say about its future. I try not to jab at him when he posts on AARe stuff in unrelated threads. Its all good.

We want passionate people here. Committed , Hungry, Dedicated!

I did ask nicely, I used the word PLEASE.

• yes and i used the word LOVE

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m