• I was informed that in the current ABattlePack my named map of the 1942 scenario has a different colour-scheme than the 1941-map.

So here are both maps with the 42 scheme being the same as the 41 scheme.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnyhyj2ntkg

143.15 KB, 7-zip format.

The maps are fully compatible (9th of March 2009-compatibility - see first post of this thread).

Big Pieces to use with these maps are part of the ABattlePack (“P@nther’s Bigboat BigPieces”), or can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ne3mzwytjhi

(Maps+BigPieces, 146 KB, 7-zip format)

• Allright, exams are almost over, and suddenly I have some spare time to fill in, so it was time for a little update on the AA50 modules. Things changed:
    1. removed a DD but added a Cru to SZ1 in the '42 setup.
    2. changed “Ottowa” to “Ottawa”
    3. replaced P@nther’s '42 Map.bmp with the newer version in the ABattlePack.

I hope I didn’t make any mistakes, and that all the hyperlinks point to the right files (it gets confusing with all these files). If someone spots an error or a mistake, plz report in this thread, it will (eventually ;) ) be fixed!

@crispyHaole:

I see my error, thanks! 41 is AOK but 42 (because i used the same bmp which was meant for only 41) has ger/jpn pieces swapped. I liked and used Holkan’s file (on p12 of this thread). I really like that color scheme with p@nthers map. seems very clear to me. Holkan do u have that same toolpieces.bmp(.jpg) for 42?

Why yes, they are in the ABattlePack, under ToolPieces>'42>HolKann’s Toolpieces.bmp

• @HolKann:

2. changed “Ottowa” to “Ottawa”

Great, thank you :-)
    Would you please provide the updated map.pdn?
    That would be great.

:-)

• @P@nther:

That would be great.

It’s in the first post, just scroll way down :D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Special request:

For us old farts, would it be possible to restore the map colors to a block color like they were originally?  You know, red being red, not red outlined pink or something?

Also, I was wondering, if I open the toolpieces file, convert it to a JPG or GIF, pretty it up and convert it back to BMP without changing the dimensions, you think it would still work, or would it be totally screwed?  I know it’s not a full BMP or something, it’s what, 8 bit not 16 or something?  Can someone look into this?  I was thinking of finding some better tiles to use.

Lastly, can the AA Guns be black?  Why are they color coded??  If you’re worried about original owner stuff, perhaps if you replace the white areas with the pastel version of the national color it would work better.  ATM, the guns seem to blend into the background.

• @HolKann:

@P@nther:

That would be great.

It’s in the first post, just scroll way down :D

Ups… I didn’t notice that… now I do.

Thank you .
    :lol:

• @Cmdr:

Special request:

For us old farts, would it be possible to restore the map colors to a block color like they were originally?  You know, red being red, not red outlined pink or something?

You will find the maps with the “original colors” in the ABattlePack in the first post of this thread.

@Cmdr:

Also, I was wondering, if I open the toolpieces file, convert it to a JPG or GIF, pretty it up and convert it back to BMP without changing the dimensions, you think it would still work, or would it be totally screwed?  I know it’s not a full BMP or something, it’s what, 8 bit not 16 or something?  Can someone look into this?  I was thinking of finding some better tiles to use.

Out of curiosity - why are you going to convert them? Why don’t you pretty up the bmp itself?

• Big Pieces for AAP can be found in this thread http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13625.0

• '10

Thanks a44    I combed over the pacific, player help and software forums as I knew ogrebait was looking for this in Jan/Feb. Somehow I didnt see this . +1 to you

• I just noticed Holkann included my China mod in his pack. Thanks, Holkann! You can include also 1942 scenario module for that mod, that’s in my signature

Great job!

• Any plans on making the AA42 Battlemap and the up and coming AAP40 and AAE40 maps when they come out???

• I think they have 42 about finalized now. Look in this thread.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15004.0

I am sure when AAP40 and AAE40 come out some one will do a module for them.

• I can’t seem to open any AA50 using Abattlemap…

can someone help me?

I can open the program, edit everything, open '42 and '41, save it all, but I cannot open any saved files or downloaded files. It simply opens to Axis and Allies (Original?) start, regardless of what I open. I don’t know what to do. I have reinstalled it 3 times now.

• cts17, try opening battlemap and then opening the downloaded or saved file. And by that I mean clicking on the File button at the top left inside of battlemap. Just double clicking the saved files results in battlemap just opening for some reason.

• Changed the concept of this thread a little…

• @HolKann:

Changed the concept of this thread a little…

Really great work, HolKann, thank you.

What I found out comparing the modules with older ones is, that in some of the scenario.gim folders the file “Toolpieces.txt” is missing (for example in A50.gim and A51.gim).
    Bug or feature?

Thank you :-)

• @P@nther:

What I found out comparing the modules with older ones is, that in some of the scenario.gim folders the file “Toolpieces.txt” is missing (for example in A50.gim and A51.gim).
    Bug or feature?

Bug I guess, but it’s not one I’m getting. I downloaded and installed everything in D:\Test\ABattleMap, and all modules worked fine. The Toolpieces.txt in A50.gim and A51.gim were present, so something went different on our respective computers… Using Vista basic by the way, but normally the version of Windows shouldn’t matter (dunnow if it also works on OSX or Linux though).

• @HolKann:

@P@nther:

Bug or feature?

Bug I guess, but it’s not one I’m getting. I downloaded and installed everything in D:\Test\ABattleMap, and all modules worked fine. The Toolpieces.txt in A50.gim and A51.gim were present, so something went different on our respective computers… Using Vista basic by the way, but normally the version of Windows shouldn’t matter (dunnow if it also works on OSX or Linux though).

As I found out it seems to be a bug in the 7-zip-file-manager. What I did to compare the modules was to open the AModulePack.exe with the 7-zip-file-manager. When you click through the directories then you will fail to find the Toolpieces.txt in some *.gim-subfolders. I can reproduce this issue everytime I open the AModulePack.exe this way.

When installing the AModulePack.exe - as you said - all files are present.

Strange - but nothing the A&A community should worry about…

• @Cmdr:

A shell is a virtual system that is totally encapsulated to protect the rest of your system from a program and to allow it to run on an operating system it was not designed for.

The problem is, macs and their proprietary (as in not boxed and shipped to every software development firm to use for making new software compatible) operating systems have never been, exactly, user friendly or very prolific in the personal computer market, thus, there never was a plethora of programs written to write on their systems.  Windows gave away code needed to write programs that would work with it.  Added to the incentives they gave computer retailers to sell their OS you had a situation where everyone could use windows because it was so user friendly, AND it was universally recognized as the go to operating system that just about every program has been written specifically for windows first and other operating systems later if the developers felt like it.

I’m pretty sure OS10 has a program in it already that will run rudimentary dos based programs.  Remember, ABattlemap is designed to run on just about any computer from 1985 on.

Hello all, I’m new to the forum, and I have a mac. I downloaded a DOS emulator and it says that I need win32. Does anyone have any help for me? Much appreciated.

• @scottish:

@Cmdr:

A shell is a virtual system that is totally encapsulated to protect the rest of your system from a program and to allow it to run on an operating system it was not designed for.

The problem is, macs and their proprietary (as in not boxed and shipped to every software development firm to use for making new software compatible) operating systems have never been, exactly, user friendly or very prolific in the personal computer market, thus, there never was a plethora of programs written to write on their systems.  Windows gave away code needed to write programs that would work with it.  Added to the incentives they gave computer retailers to sell their OS you had a situation where everyone could use windows because it was so user friendly, AND it was universally recognized as the go to operating system that just about every program has been written specifically for windows first and other operating systems later if the developers felt like it.

I’m pretty sure OS10 has a program in it already that will run rudimentary dos based programs.  Remember, ABattlemap is designed to run on just about any computer from 1985 on.

Hello all, I’m new to the forum, and I have a mac. I downloaded a DOS emulator and it says that I need win32. Does anyone have any help for me? Much appreciated.

I found this on Flames of Europe (the site where ABattleMap has it’s origin):

http://www.flames-of-europe.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1043

HTH :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m