• '19 '18 '17

Hello,

I’m experiencing two problems with the forum right now:

1. Umlauts (ae, oe, ue) are rendered as a square with a question mark in it. (recent example | someone with the same issue in 2012 - unresolved)

Example:

This looks like some kind of encoding error. I’m absolutely no expert in the field, but the “set always everything to utf-8” rule worked quite well for me the last years. But maybe this is all a bit more complicated than I think :D

1. The search results of the internal search functon are presented on top of the normal page, but without a background or something. So both lay on top of each other, both unreadable.

Example:

This seems to be some kind of css error or something.

I’ve tested both with Firefox and Internet Explorer. Same problem :)

regards

• Just to say that I have the same search problem as Koala and have ever since I joined the site a year or more ago.

• '19 '18 '17

Concerning the search problem:

I’ve found a small workaround that seems to make it work as intended.
    We have to change the websites stylesheet in one occasion. (line 478 in http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/Themes/axisandalliesorg/style.css)

from

#gsearch-dialog {
      height: 60px;
    }

to

#gsearch-dialog {
      height:auto;
    }

You can do this via the firefox developer tools.
    Steps:
    Use Firefox -> press “F12” -> click on “Console” -> paste the following line in the textbox and press enter

document.getElementById('gsearch-dialog').style.height = "auto";

Screenshot:

Unfortunately you have to do this everytime you reload the page.

Maybe someone can have a look at it and if it is really a fix, and not only a workaround with other problems, incorporate the change permanently in the stylesheet :)

regards,
    koala

• Good work Koala.

I have PMed djensen to bring this thread to his attention.

• '19 '18 '17

@Private:

Good work Koala.

I have PMed djensen to bring this thread to his attention.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this helps to really fix the problems :)

Concerning the encoding problem:

Again a not so pretty workaround…

Steps when using firefox:
    press “alt” to get the top menu -> click “view” -> choose something different than “Unicode” (“western” works for the german characters for example)

Screenshot:

As you can see, the >�< is now displayed correctly… hoho

Sadly I have no real idea what’s the problem here in detail. Maybe there is some inconsitency between the encoding specified in the html head and the one specified in the http content header?

regards,

koala

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ll look into it.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Fixed. Need to use min-height or else you’ll get an issue with the page adjusting itself a couple seconds after loading.  :-D

• '19 '18 '17

@djensen:

Fixed. Need to use min-height or else you’ll get an issue with the page adjusting itself a couple seconds after loading.  :-D

Nice work, the results are shown perfectly now :)

One issue, that I noticed just know, is that a lot of the searchresults have something like```
    ;wap2

at the end of the url. And as a result of that, the requested page gets rendered for a mobile phone, even though I'm on my desktop.

But I have no idea, if this is easily changeable
  • '17 '16

Thanks for adressing this issue and finally solving it, boys.

• Yes - I can confirm it is now working fine on my machine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m