Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

So, is this $100 for just the Italians? I didn’t know I was investing $600…

• So, is this $600 for just six sets of Italians? I didn’t know I was investing $3,600…

• @Variable:

So, is this $100 for just the Italians? I didn’t know I was investing $600…

I am certain its $100 for all countries, but he stated that he hasn’t finalized his prices yet. The other prices you and IL mentioned are absurd and I don’t think he would sell much at that price.

• Guys! That price is just a placeholder….

Relax, and FMG will release his prices soon - and it won’t be $600 a set!

@reloader-1:

Guys! That price is just a placeholder….

Relax, and FMG will release his prices soon - and it won’t be $600 a set!

I’m not saying it’s not worth $600. I’m just saying I don’t have $600!  :lol:

• I would be in for $100. We all asked FM to include everything that is included. He is putting his business’s resources behind the project. I think it is our responsibility to support this effort.

• $100 a set so $600 for six nations, so 6 copies of each= $3,600

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

GET OUT !!!

• '10

Price is JUST A PLACE HOLDER!!!

software requires all items to have prices.  I though of putting $1,000,000 as a joke!

@FieldMarshalGames:

software requires all items to have prices.  I though of putting $1,000,000 as a joke!

Ah. Heart attack averted… Wew!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I wonder how many people here would have been throwing fits if the price HAD been listed as $1,000,000… XP  Fun to think about!

• I am sure if people saw one million dollars they would have known it was a joke or a mistake. When they saw $100 they were uncertain.

• Customizer

On topic but veering from the price issue (though I think they’d be worth every penny): I like that the Italian transport has little life boats  :-)

Abandon ship!

• '10

It has been a LOOONG road on this project.  A year ago we started discussion on it and now we are so very close to the first set!

Please don’t bring this back on me later but my latest news is that the ITALIANS are in the final phase of sculpting.  It is estimated that they will be in production and ready within two months (This is what I am told… not to be taken as gospel)

Each additional set SHOULD be 2 months each following ITALY release.

So we all have something to look forward to in the community for the following year as these roll out.

Thank you all for your support and patience on this project.  We made many mistakes along the way and there was a big learning curve going in but now it seems to be clear sailing as far as I can see.

I will continue to share pictures and updates as they become available to me.

• Fantastic news, speaking for myself you have one very happy-to-be customer. :-D

• Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

• This is great news FMG. Now at least we have some kind of an idea of when they might come out.

• Customizer

@finnman:

Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

They are planning on Anzac and France as well, though after the stated nations are released.  And if all goes well, I believe FMG is also planning a couple more surprises (Tech. units? Neutrals? etc.).

• @Viracocha:

@finnman:

Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

They are planning on Anzac and France as well, though after the stated nations are released.  And if all goes well, I believe FMG is also planning a couple more surprises (Tech. units? Neutrals? etc.).

I think a lot of tech units are already included in the sets offered.  Officers could be elite or marine units, late war fighters for LRA, mech inf for you guessed it mech inf, etc…

I’d rather that FMG concentrate on getting the 6 main countries done before we even start asking for more.

I can’t wait to play AA50 with a printed out map using the Italy FMG will release and the pieces from A&A1942

:D

• Customizer

@bongaroo:

@Viracocha:

@finnman:

I think a lot of tech units are already included in the sets offered.  Officers could be elite or marine units, late war fighters for LRA, mech inf for you guessed it mech inf, etc…

I’d rather that FMG concentrate on getting the 6 main countries done before we even start asking for more.

I can’t wait to play AA50 with a printed out map using the Italy FMG will release and the pieces from A&A1942

:D

Well, that’s what they’re planning, yes.  To release the main nations, and then follow up with specials.  But no… the main sets do not cover the tech. units, and I’d personally like to see tech. units released as a separate set (and I might be mistaken… but I don’t think I’m alone on that).  Officers for elite or marine units? No way…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m