Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

GET OUT !!!

• '10

Price is JUST A PLACE HOLDER!!!

software requires all items to have prices.  I though of putting $1,000,000 as a joke!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

software requires all items to have prices.  I though of putting $1,000,000 as a joke!

Ah. Heart attack averted… Wew!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I wonder how many people here would have been throwing fits if the price HAD been listed as $1,000,000… XP  Fun to think about!

• I am sure if people saw one million dollars they would have known it was a joke or a mistake. When they saw $100 they were uncertain.

• Customizer

On topic but veering from the price issue (though I think they’d be worth every penny): I like that the Italian transport has little life boats  :-)

Abandon ship!

• '10

It has been a LOOONG road on this project.  A year ago we started discussion on it and now we are so very close to the first set!

Please don’t bring this back on me later but my latest news is that the ITALIANS are in the final phase of sculpting.  It is estimated that they will be in production and ready within two months (This is what I am told… not to be taken as gospel)

Each additional set SHOULD be 2 months each following ITALY release.

So we all have something to look forward to in the community for the following year as these roll out.

Thank you all for your support and patience on this project.  We made many mistakes along the way and there was a big learning curve going in but now it seems to be clear sailing as far as I can see.

I will continue to share pictures and updates as they become available to me.

• Fantastic news, speaking for myself you have one very happy-to-be customer. :-D

• Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

• This is great news FMG. Now at least we have some kind of an idea of when they might come out.

• Customizer

@finnman:

Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

They are planning on Anzac and France as well, though after the stated nations are released.  And if all goes well, I believe FMG is also planning a couple more surprises (Tech. units? Neutrals? etc.).

• @Viracocha:

@finnman:

Are they just making sets for the seven Anniversary nations. Or will they do Anzac and France to.

They are planning on Anzac and France as well, though after the stated nations are released.  And if all goes well, I believe FMG is also planning a couple more surprises (Tech. units? Neutrals? etc.).

I think a lot of tech units are already included in the sets offered.  Officers could be elite or marine units, late war fighters for LRA, mech inf for you guessed it mech inf, etc…

I’d rather that FMG concentrate on getting the 6 main countries done before we even start asking for more.

I can’t wait to play AA50 with a printed out map using the Italy FMG will release and the pieces from A&A1942

:D

• Customizer

@bongaroo:

@Viracocha:

@finnman:

I think a lot of tech units are already included in the sets offered.  Officers could be elite or marine units, late war fighters for LRA, mech inf for you guessed it mech inf, etc…

I’d rather that FMG concentrate on getting the 6 main countries done before we even start asking for more.

I can’t wait to play AA50 with a printed out map using the Italy FMG will release and the pieces from A&A1942

Well, that’s what they’re planning, yes.  To release the main nations, and then follow up with specials.  But no… the main sets do not cover the tech. units, and I’d personally like to see tech. units released as a separate set (and I might be mistaken… but I don’t think I’m alone on that).  Officers for elite or marine units? No way…

• @Viracocha:

@bongaroo:

@Viracocha:

@finnman:

Well, that’s what they’re planning, yes.  To release the main nations, and then follow up with specials.  But no… the main sets do not cover the tech. units, and I’d personally like to see tech. units released as a separate set (and I might be mistaken… but I don’t think I’m alone on that).  Officers for elite or marine units? No way…

For me the specials aren’t even worth discussing now.  I doubt that FMG will be able to find enough demand to attempt to create sprue’s of just tech units.

26 Infantry With multiple poses we have different inf covered
    12 Artillery
    12 Armour With 2 models we have advanced armor covered
    12 Fighters 2 models = a tech unit
    10 Tac-bombers
    9 Bombers Same as the fighters
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    9 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    12 Transports
    NEW
    6 Bunkers / Pill Boxes
    3 Commander Units Tech unit fill in
    4 Transport Planes Paratroopers covered
    12 Half tracks mech. infantry = tech unit
    12 Trucks
    3 Task Force Markers (Like Pacific)

In essence all that is missing for tech specific models are jets and super subs?

Good luck paying for these when the demand is so low the sets cost 300 each.

FMG, keep up the great work and please don’t let any ridiculous requests mess this up!

• Customizer

@bongaroo:

@Viracocha:

@bongaroo:

@Viracocha:

@finnman:

They are planning on Anzac and France as well, though after the stated nations are released.  And if all goes well, I believe FMG is also planning a couple more surprises (Tech. units? Neutrals? etc.).

I think a lot of tech units are already included in the sets offered.  Officers could be elite or marine units, late war fighters for LRA, mech inf for you guessed it mech inf, etc…

Well, that’s what they’re planning, yes.  To release the main nations, and then follow up with specials.  But no… the main sets do not cover the tech. units, and I’d personally like to see tech. units released as a separate set (and I might be mistaken… but I don’t think I’m alone on that).  Officers for elite or marine units? No way…

For me the specials aren’t even worth discussing now.  I doubt that FMG will be able to find enough demand to attempt to create sprue’s of just tech units.

26 Infantry With multiple poses we have different inf covered
    12 Artillery
    12 Armour With 2 models we have advanced armor covered
    12 Fighters 2 models = a tech unit
    10 Tac-bombers
    9 Bombers Same as the fighters
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    9 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    12 Transports
    NEW
    6 Bunkers / Pill Boxes
    3 Commander Units Tech unit fill in
    4 Transport Planes Paratroopers covered
    12 Half tracks mech. infantry = tech unit
    12 Trucks
    3 Task Force Markers (Like Pacific)

In essence all that is missing for tech specific models are jets and super subs?

Good luck paying for these when the demand is so low the sets cost 300 each.

FMG, keep up the great work and please don’t let any ridiculous requests mess this up!

Huh.  I like to think it’s all worth discussing - since forums are a good place for speculation - it’s one of the ways that help companies plan. There’s some problems with using those mods on the original list for each nation as tech developments.  First off, several don’t aptly capture the development, second off, we don’t even know what developments there will be in the expanded global…
    I’m not sure how a “ridiculous” (obviously an opinion) request" on a website would “mess-up” their plans… if that were the case, it would have been messed up long ago (I kinda remember a lot of other requests - some quite a bit more ‘radical’).  And I’m not too sure abouit it being ‘ridiculous’ since I believe they talked about it before… and it’s kinda limited to think such would have to be released as a completely separate set - when in all likelyhood it would probably be included with other elements so as to make it cost effective.  Even if sold in lone sets, I’m fairly certain that such sets won’t cost 300 each… which is more than one of the nation sets.  As far as demand goes… there are threads concerning it… so evidence says otherwise.  So no… don’t really need the luck but thanks!  As FMG has often said, if the results (sales) are good, they will keep producing…

Looking forward to the pics of the Italian aircraft…

• cminke,

Good call on the mines - what I did was use Table Tactic’s pieces (www.tabletactics.com from the Axis & Allies Accesories set, and use the German color mines (they closely match the gray factories and AA guns we have).

You can buy the set at Fair Play Games! http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=549

• '10

Lets all remember that this project started over a year ago as a DISCUSSION.

When I made the first post I had no factory contact, no sculpts, no idea what I was getting into…  just an idea, that is all we had.

So the actual process for Italy has only taken 6 months of ACTUAL PRODUCTION WORK.  Not bad I think.

We are determined to do this ONCE and do it RIGHT, so I can not hurry any aspect.

They will come, and they will knock your socks off!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Oh great.  Now I’m going into this with my socks pre-knocked off … spoiler alert next time!  ;)

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Lets all remember that this project started over a year ago as a DISCUSSION.

When I made the first post I had no factory contact, no sculpts, no idea what I was getting into…  just an idea, that is all we had.

So the actual process for Italy has only taken 6 months of ACTUAL PRODUCTION WORK.  Not bad I think.

We are determined to do this ONCE and do it RIGHT, so I can not hurry any aspect.

Got a couple of questions here:

1. Can you make the carriers so that they comfortablely fit tac bombers and fighters on unlike the Hasbro ones that fall off sometimes too easily???

2. Can you keep the same colors for the units as the actual game???

USA- GI green,
    UK- tan,
    USSR- Merlot,
    Germany- Charcoal Black,
    Japan - Burnt Orange,
    China- lime green,
    Italy- Rust Brown,
    ANZAC- pewter,
    France- royal blue (I assume)

• @questioneer:

1. Can you make the carriers so that they comfortablely fit tac bombers and fighters on unlike the Hasbro ones that fall off sometimes too easily???

Use magnets.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m