Craykirk (Axis) vs. Inno (Allies + 1 bomber) game 01

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I quit…  You win…  There is no way to recover from the 4 bombers and 6 fighters that lose against the allied force.  Losing when you have an advantage is why I quit playing this game.  Everytime i play, I get screwed… Not any fun to have dice screw you…  thanks for the lesson.

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I tried to get my friends to play this game; we played the original AA and the shuck shuck.  Not fun when nothing you try even works.  thanks Inno…  I’m done with this stupid game.

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I didn’t play this game very well to begin with and saw Battleships lose to Cruisers.  If a destroyer could beat a bomber, it did.  I played the tournament and had someone take out West Russia on G1.  I download the replays and don’t really see anything different.  what am i doing wrong other than the dice?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hey…I’m sorry to see such a bad dice.  It was frustrating when you see the dices go against your expectation.
    The best way to avoid such a swing is maximising the winning odds so the swing of dices would have least impact to you in particularly when the battle is important to win.  In the case below, it might be better to have all fighters go against this so you are much certain winning this win minimum loss to the Germany fighters which is a valuable asset and you don’t have folders in this case.

I didn’t check the battle you played in tournament, do you have that?  Attach here and let me have a look.  Russia is tricky to play because Germany is very strong to start with and there is little space for Russia making mistake.

And don’t give up :-D  Let yourself control the luck, not other way around.

• '17 '16 '15 '14

Yeah…  I really don’t like it when I get so frustrated that i want to hurl the computer across the room.  Look in the tournament thread S01 vs cow…  I had no idea that it was single elimination.  Basically, it was a 55:45 odds to hit West Russia with everything.  It is the reason that Ukraine must be attacked or the infantry are used for the tanks + fighters.  of course, all six AA missed and my initial attack into WR with everything went really wrong.  I know that we all know that we get worse than average rolls…  The loss of 2 bombers on the raids followed by the 3 fig + 3 bmb getting decimated by 1 car, 2 fig, 1 dst just sent me over the edge.  Seems to happen every time.  Yeah, get out the crying towels…  ;)

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

The AA seldom works when it matters….It happened to me too :-D

I had a look to the match.  I think the problem of this opening is you chose Baltic state to attack instead of Belorussia or Ukraine.  This way you allow Germany to maximise their force to attack W. Russia on R1, and this is dangerous for Allies because Russia is vulnerable at the early stage, and Russia early fall = Allies failure.

Personally, I also prefer to attack Belorussia than Ukraine, because the dice swing could really screw you when you attack Ukraine, and you are going to lose most of the tanks with this attack.  If you don’t win this battle W. Russia will be immediately under lot of threat.  In the early round, it is important to keep Russia a large stack and keep high odds against Germany so they dare not attack you.

So…don’t give up, you will find the key to success some day :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m