• I tried downloading TripleA twice, and each time got the same error message, which prevented me from seeing the map or performing even a single turn.

I’m not good with computers…and I can’t quite figure out what might be wrong. Any suggestions?

• TripleA runs as on Java so you might need to download Java to run it.  I know I did.  Even then I had some DLL’s out of whack and had to do some cleaning and refreshing.  It’s definitely worth picking up though.  Is that how games on here are played?  Through TripleA?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No, games are usually played with either a physical board and posting your moves and results (from a Dicey) and/or with aBattlemap 0.79f which is a neat little mapping utility that saves you from setting up a board and moving pieces around then having your 3 year old throw the thing in the air because the pieces are pretty when they fly and then step on them and cry and make you feel like a bad parent because you DIDN’T INSTALL ABATTLEMAP 0.79F AND KEEP THE BLOODY BOARD IN THE CLOSET like a good, sane and rational parent would have done to begin with……

• then having your 3 year old throw the thing in the air because the pieces are pretty when they fly and then step on them and cry and make you feel like a bad parent because you DIDN’T INSTALL ABATTLEMAP 0.79F AND KEEP THE BLOODY BOARD IN THE CLOSET like a good, sane and rational parent would have done to begin with……

:cry: :-( :| :oops:

• wow, Jen, must have sucked to be you when that happened! :-D :-P Hope you learned from that.

• @Grimelark:

TripleA runs as on Java so you might need to download Java to run it.  I know I did.  Even then I had some DLL’s out of whack and had to do some cleaning and refreshing.  It’s definitely worth picking up though.  Is that how games on here are played?  Through TripleA?

I wish it were that simple…but I already have the lastest version of Java.

I can copy and paste the error message I receive in a post, if anyone thinks they might be able to make heads or tails out of it…  :|

@General_D.Fox:

wow, Jen, must have sucked to be you when that happened! :-D :-P Hope you learned from that.

Yup.  I learned to use abattlemap 0.79f!

• @jsp4563:

It’s an Axis & Allies software program you can download for free.  here’s the link:

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

is there a program like this but for AA Revised

@Amon-Sul:

@jsp4563:

It’s an Axis & Allies software program you can download for free.  here’s the link:

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

is there a program like this but for AA Revised

You can use it for revised.  Just load the other game.

• but how can i find it, where?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m