Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• '19 '17 '16

I reckon yes.

Repairs take effect immediately,
    and the controlling player can use repaired facilities during the rest
    of this turn.

• Simon told you right

• Sponsor

Where is the books does it explain the American minor ICs getting upgraded to Major ICs once at war?

• Europe book, page 39, additional rules

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

Europe book, page 39, additional rules

Thanks Gamerman, and happy new year.

• Here’s my question.
    UK strafes neutral iraq from persia and transjord and retreats to transjord. 1 unactivated inf remains in iraq.Now its Italys turn and he has 1 tank 1 inf in syria.He wants to attack transjord with syria forces and amphibious troops from elsewhere.Can he activate iraq by moving his syria tank through iraq?
      If so,can the iraq inf join this attack on tranjord?
    If not, could the iraq inf be activated by Italian troops retreating back into iraq?I’m sure the amphibious troops can’t retreat.

• @ampdrive:

Here’s my question.
    UK strafes neutral iraq from persia and transjord and retreats to transjord. 1 unactivated inf remains in iraq.Now its Italys turn and he has 1 tank 1 inf in syria.He wants to attack transjord with syria forces and amphibious troops from elsewhere.Can he activate iraq by moving his syria tank through iraq?
      If so,can the iraq inf join this attack on tranjord?
    If not, could the iraq inf be activated by Italian troops retreating back into iraq?I’m sure the amphibious troops can’t retreat.

Nope, you can only activate friendly neutrals during noncombat movement. Any unit that moves in during activation has to end its movement there. Finally, the troops being activated do not have any movement that turn.

• As soon as UK attacked iraq its no longer neutral true?

• @ampdrive:

As soon as UK attacked iraq its no longer neutral true?

That is true.  But read the bottom of page 11.

“The territory remains uncontrolled (place a national control marker on it face down to indicate its new status), but units from the side it�s now allied with can move into it and take control of it and its remaining units in the same way as if it were a friendly neutral.”

I just woke up from a nap, but I think the only difference between a pro-your side neutral that’s been attacked and one that hasn’t, is that you could land aircraft in the pro-your side neutral that has been attacked (but not conquered).

You still activate it as if it was never attacked before.  Move a ground unit (not AAA) into it during non-combat.

• Since Iraq is no longer neutral,can Italys tank pass through Iraq to attack Persia?Can any power fly over for combat or non-combat?
      I can see this being an issue around spain too.Allies attack spain,but don’t defeat their standing army.Axis wants to drive mechs and tanks from SFrance>Gibraltor or fly aircraft over.

• Both sides can fly over (that’s what I forgot) and you can land in it, but you can’t pass through it.  It needs to be activated with a noncombat movement of non-AAA ground units, and those units would have to end movement in the activated territory

• what do the 2 uk country control markers mean the ones with the current uk flag?

• It is for marking UK Pacific’s current IPC count on the income track.  The 2nd is just a spare

• Brand new player here - first played this past weekend - yet somehow found myself in the role of GM between my friends who were playing (also their first time). I (we) have a few questions that could not be found in the rulebooks or we are confused on. I apologize in advance if these are either stupid questions or answered in the rulebook etc.

1. If an attacking unit engages in combat, does it get to move at all during the non-combat-movement phase? Specifically, if an attacking Battleship or Carrier takes a hit of damage and needs to repair, can it move to a friendly base (within 2 movement spaces of it) during the non-combat-movement phase, or does it have to wait for that countries next turn?

2. Does repairing a unit in a naval yard expend all its movement points for that turn?

3. Aircraft flying between islands - if a small island (think in the pacific) is entirely surrounded by a single sea zone, does it coast 1-movement for that aircraft to leave the island and enter the sea zone?

4. All attacks per-country must be announced at the same time during the beginning of the combat phase?

5. In a land battle involving aircraft, does a defending AAA-Gun get one shot to shoot at the attacking aircraft?

6. Submarines - these I am confused on. If an attacking submarine attacks a fleet with no destroyers, it gets a surprise attack. Anything it hits during that surprise attack is immediately sunk and removed from combat. The remaining ships then get to fire back at the submarine, correct?

What happens if a Destroyer is present, negating the surprise attack, but it gets sunk. Does the submarine gain the surprise attack at the beginning of the next round of attacks since the destroyer is removed from gameplay?

If aircraft are attacking submarines with a destroyer present (to allow them to attack the submarines) do they lose their ability to hit the submarine if the Destroyer is sunk?

7. Can Fighters all by themselves attack land-units in a province, simply to eliminate the troops there? Do they need Tactical/Strategic Bombers with them in order to do so? I am assuming that since Aircraft can attack Naval Units by themselves they can do the same on land.

8. If Japan attacks the Dutch Islands, does that automatically put them at war with the UK and ANZAC?

9. Can UK-purchased units deployed to India be transferred - either by walking or using transports - to the European part of the map?

Sorry for the plethora of questions! I am sure I can come up with more!

• @PanzerPenguin:

Brand new player here - first played this past weekend - yet somehow found myself in the role of GM between my friends who were playing (also their first time). I (we) have a few questions that could not be found in the rulebooks or we are confused on. I apologize in advance if these are either stupid questions or answered in the rulebook etc.

no need  :-)

1. If an attacking unit engages in combat, does it get to move at all during the non-combat-movement phase? Specifically, if an attacking Battleship or Carrier takes a hit of damage and needs to repair, can it move to a friendly base (within 2 movement spaces of it) during the non-combat-movement phase, or does it have to wait for that countries next turn?

Only aircraft can move after engaging in combat

2. Does repairing a unit in a naval yard expend all its movement points for that turn?

It doesn’t expend any movement at all

3. Aircraft flying between islands - if a small island (think in the pacific) is entirely surrounded by a single sea zone, does it coast 1-movement for that aircraft to leave the island and enter the sea zone?Yes

4. All attacks per-country must be announced at the same time during the beginning of the combat phase?

All attacks per country must be announced during the combat movement phase.  The combat movement phase is over when all combat movement has been made.  The beginning of the combat phase is for defender decisions on kamikazes, scrambling, and intercepting.

5. In a land battle involving aircraft, does a defending AAA-Gun get one shot to shoot at the attacking aircraft?

Each AAA gun gets 1 shot per attacking aircraft, up to a maximum of 3 aircraft per AAA gun.  The aircraft are removed and don’t get to fire an attack roll at all.

6. Submarines - these I am confused on. If an attacking submarine attacks a fleet with no destroyers, it gets a surprise attack. Anything it hits during that surprise attack is immediately sunk and removed from combat. The remaining ships then get to fire back at the submarine, correct?

Yes, but if those hits are damaging carriers or battleships, those ships still can fire back.  But when a damaged carrier or battleship is hit by a sub again, it is sunk without getting to fire back.  Surprise strike occurs every round, not just the first round

What happens if a Destroyer is present, negating the surprise attack, but it gets sunk. Does the submarine gain the surprise attack at the beginning of the next round of attacks since the destroyer is removed from gameplay?

Right - once the last destroyer is sunk, the subs will get all their abilities (submersible and surprise strike) back in the next round of combat for the first time.
    I’m working on the rest……

• @PanzerPenguin:

If aircraft are attacking submarines with a destroyer present (to allow them to attack the submarines) do they lose their ability to hit the submarine if the Destroyer is sunk?

Yes, again, for the rounds following.

7. Can Fighters all by themselves attack land-units in a province, simply to eliminate the troops there? Do they need Tactical/Strategic Bombers with them in order to do so? I am assuming that since Aircraft can attack Naval Units by themselves they can do the same on land.

You’re right, they can.  Any aircraft can directly attack any non-facility unit except submarines, for which they need a destroyer present

8. If Japan attacks the Dutch Islands, does that automatically put them at war with the UK and ANZAC?

YES

9. Can UK-purchased units deployed to India be transferred - either by walking or using transports - to the European part of the map?

All UK units can go anywhere at any time.  It’s only the money and purchasing and placement that is separate.

Sorry for the plethora of questions! I am sure I can come up with more!

You will have many more.  This is the place to ask them

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

If India is occupied by Japan, and Indian troops re-take West India from the Japanese, do the PUs go to London, or stay with India (and thus are not usable unless India is retaken)?

• Nobody gets IPC’s from West India when it is liberated by the UK and India is in Axis control.

UK units are UK units - no distinction between the 2 sides.  Only the income, cash on hand, and the placement of units are separated.  West India is always UK-Pacifics, and British Colombia is always UK-Europe.

So when India is under Axis control, it’s the same as when Paris is under Axis control - if the same power liberates their own territory (like the French liberating a French territory), nobody collects.  All the other Allies would be able to collect from West India if THEY took it while India is under Axis control, but the UK can’t.  Same as all other UK-Pacific territories, except British Colombia which is London’s

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

Thanks!

• ok im confused for anti aircraft can you
    1. move them to different land zones
    2. do you only roll one dice for one aaa
    3. can they only hit on a 1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m