What it was that made James Holmes go nuts.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow man, I had no idea you’d take a kettle corn for me.

• @Imperious:

Obviously you have not seen the type of comics I have read, big fan of R. Crumb too, not too mention some other comics, yet I don’t smoke weed, don’t drink (well once in a blue moon) and don’t do drugs, I played D&D and AD&D and Gurps amongst other games, and yet none of them have influenced me whatsoever, so that blows a big hole in your theory.

No and No. Im talking about them in general. Every population you have some who don’t, but of those who do turn out to be crazy for the most part they don’t like classics and prefer things like comic books.

Too be honest I just recently read Homer and I’m more prone to bloody mayhem after reading the Iliad and the Odyssey then after reading Omaha the Cat Dancer or Mr. Natural, hell if you look closely at some of the most heinous criminals they were very well read people who read classics over comic books, I doubt Charles Manson ever saw a comic book in his life.

But like I have said previously, I’m not saying Comic books and such don’t affect people to cause mayhem, but they only affect the weak minded, and those who believe anyone can be affected are also weak minded.

Also A classic that has caused people to kill millions and more is the Bible.

• @Gargantua:

Wow man, I had no idea you’d take a kettle corn for me.

I wouldn’t, I’d let you take it and laugh at you  :evil:

• If that were true they DO have problems. A strong willed person would never get so defensive.

I guess you aren’t as strong willed as you thought.

• Also A classic that has caused people to kill millions and more is the Bible.

or almost any other religous book for that matter…

Pfftp.

No one has EVER killed in the name of religion.  Non when compared to comic books.

• @Mallery29:

Also A classic that has caused people to kill millions and more is the Bible.

or almost any other religous book for that matter…

Most evil people will find some justification to do thier deeds, comics, a false understanding of Faith, history, lust or bad up bringing.

Someone tried to stab me once over a game of conquest of the empire.

Not kidding…

• Customizer

You probably had it coming.

• @Gargantua:

Not kidding…

you sure it was over the game and not just because you are you?  :evil:

@Most:

You probably had it coming.

LOL… most definetly…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

Not kidding…

Hahahahahaha!

@Scarapis:

@Gargantua:

Not kidding…

you sure it was over the game and not just because you are you?  :evil:

And definetly some of that too… :P

Actually… AA.org’s Idi Amin was there too… lol.

• Men have done a poor job of training boys into men. We now have two or three generations of men who were raised by women dominated families and they suffer from it.

It’s because so many -Men- died fighting wars overseas, whilst communists fought us at home.

With the cowards and skinny-jean types being too fickle and godless to care living on.

You hit the nail on the head Warsham.

• @ABWorsham:

Men have done a poor job of training boys into men. We now have two or three generations of men who were raised by women dominated families and they suffer from it.

Men are in black hole of their own creation. They have bought hook, line, and sinker into a passel of feminist lies. And this has led to treating boys as if they are broken girls that need fixing.

Take the red pill

and get your facts straight.

• Customizer

I am a bit behind on my podcast listening but I’m getting caught up now and just found out who’s really to blame for this tragedy. Within the first ten minutes of his podcast, The Wright Turn, from July 23, Darryl Wright hits the nail on the head. So, stop listening to the Dicetruction Podcast right now and hit up the Wright Turn.

• I just think it was a nut job who liked comic books as an escape from his reality of being a failure. He felt his life was worthless and this was his chance to be noticed. One of my neighbors caught a kid in the neighborhood catching Bass and cutting off their tales and throwing them back in the lake. What kind of sick idiot would do that. Answer: One that has no idea of what is right and what is wrong. Hopefully this clown doesn’t end up like James Holmes. I will say that I think our culture doesn’t respect life or respect other peoples right to their life. If we don’t get that back this won’t be the last one of these shootings.

• You got a point right there!…Good post GoSanchez

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m