• Well I just got my copy today. I was impressed with Amazon’s shipping. I ordered on July 4th (US holiday), chose the free super saver option, and got it today. So it was basically 3 day shipping.

I busted it out, and got my wife to sit through my explanation of the rules. I’ve been trying to get her to play for a while, and this (hopefully) shorter version was the persuasion I needed. We didn’t have time to play, we’ll do that on Thursday. We were saddened to see the 15/17 IPC misprint. I feel like it really can’t be anything but a mistake, since the board seems to contradict itself.

I’m excited to see how it goes!

• TripleA

holy hell they shippy before release date!

• TripleA '12

Order update:

Event Details: Initiated customs clearance process

Love it!  :-D

• @Cow:

holy hell they shippy before release date!

Go to Amazon and search for the '41 game there are two of them up there. One says you have to wait till the 27th and is cheaper the other will ship today but you pay the full $30 for it plus shipping

• TripleA

i didn’t see the other one.

anyway, I hope not all the boards have the misprinted money thingy. Like maybe they printed two seperate batches.  Early release has the wrong stuff and later release has it right.

• I didn’t either till the other day so i’m waiting too

• TripleA

maybe we get a prize, a version that has the correct money for our wait lol.

• TripleA

I am just glad the board is small. I actually like being able to finish a game

• TripleA '12

Order update:

Event Details: Completed customs clearance process

Maybe I’ll get my copy before July 18th?!  :-o

Edit:

Event Details: Arrived at destination country

Confused - I thought it was in the UK already.  :? lol  Oh well.

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

Order update:

Event Details: Completed customs clearance process

Maybe I’ll get my copy before July 18th?! � :-o

Edit:

Event Details: Arrived at destination country

Confused - I thought it was in the UK already.  :? lol  Oh well.

Great Britain’s not a country. It’s an island. Perhaps it came from Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man or Sodor!  Ok the Isle of Man isn’t technically part of the UK and Sodor is a fictions Island, but you get my point; or more likely the tracking system is simply sloppy in its inconsistent syntax. Kinda like my punctuation and grammar.

Either way it’s good to hear you will get your game soon.

• hmm, coolstuffinc.com stlll has it listed as:
    “Expected release: July 27, 2012. Date subject to change.”

• Don’t worry Loz;just means it has been opened and being played by someone else. Maybe our Prime Minister is playing David Milliband for control of the next parliament. You should be honoured!

• TripleA '12

:-D LOL  Thanks guys, I’m currently trying to get in touch with ‘Yodel’, the UK courrier company that are trying to deliver the game to me. Latest update:

Event Details: Delivery attempted

Thing is, I work during the day and there’s noone else at home! I will see what I can do…

• I work evenings, should have sent it to me. Would have opened it to check nothing had been lost in transit. Would have done a great job sellotaping it all back together for you(minus 1 Tiger). Good luck and enjoy your weekend. Am happy for you.

• I ordered mine from Amazon on 7/5, and received it 7/11.  I did the super saver shipping (free shipping for items over $25).  When you realize that getting it from Amazon for $29.99 with no tax and no shipping is about the same amount as getting it from CoolStuff for $19.99 plus tax (because I live in Florida) plus shipping, then it was a no-brainer to get it from Amazon now instead of waiting to get it from CoolStuff later.

• I ordered A&A 1941 from Amazon on July 9th and paid for 2-3 day shipping.  It shipped out of Fernley, NV on the evening of July 9th and arrived at my home in California on July 11th.

Interestingly, I can no longer find the listing for A&A 1941 from Amazon.  I can only find the pre-order listing of A&A 1941 on Amazon from Funagain Games.

• Indeed, it appears that Amazon got wise to the fact that they were shipping it out early. Glad for those who managed to snag it!

• TripleA

From what I gather it lives up to being a really good game.

• is the release date still the 27th?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m