• @SgtBlitz:

Also, in that last picture (which I think is Round 1 setup), there definitely appears to be chips under that UK fighter placed in England.  The dude even has it circled with a green check-mark.  So that must mean its something good.

1. that 'dude" is me
    2. thats a fighter no checkmark
    3. this is djensens photo showing set up

• @lnmajor:

@cminke:

looks like us/canada (but realy just the us)will have a hard time getting to the uk

thats the way it should be

Amen.  I hate those quick and easy shucks!  Hate 'em!

• LOL LOL LOL!!!  Italy has 3 mechanized inf in Tobruk???  And England has NONE in Alexandria or Egypt???   That is completely bass-ackwards.

Tobruk:  Italy  4 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 3 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Tank

Alexandria:  Britain  2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter

Egypt:  Britain  1 Infantry 1 Artillery

Not that it really matters unit-wise whether you’re attacking with regular inf or mech inf, but the Africa setup is completely bogus.  Not only were Italy’s forces tied down due to lack of transportation/supplies, they were also facing British units with superior firepower in tanks and planes.  It should be more like:

Tobruk:  Italy  7 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank

Alexandria:  Britain  3 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Artillery, 3 Tanks, 2 Fighters

I guess don’t be teaching historical lessons with AA games, lol again.

• @Proud:

@SgtBlitz:

Also, in that last picture (which I think is Round 1 setup), there definitely appears to be chips under that UK fighter placed in England.  The dude even has it circled with a green check-mark.  So that must mean its something good.

1. that 'dude" is me

1. Wasn’t sure who posted the pic, just staying up late posting before I lose internet for a few days moving; plus we have no a/c in the house tonight. FUN TIMES!!!
    2. As in “YES!  There is more than one british fighter on the capital at game start!”?  (There has to be, RAF fanboy Axis and Allies junkies would have Larry’s head at the next Gen-Con.)
    3.  Ah cool so he’s the dude who set up the game for us!  Thanks djensens!

• maybe they think the minor IC in South Africa counters the lack of Brit troops in N Africa? still doesnt sound right to me. especially with NOTHING IN MALTA!

• i think it might be 4 figs in the uk.

• @cminke:

@Proud:

@SgtBlitz:

1. that 'dude" is me

i put the check mark there saying there are figs, and i circled other things i was courious ablot!

1. sorry i thought you were talking bout my pic not yours,
    2. let me see what i can do with it.

• Incase you cant read
    South america territories no ipcs
    Fin=Pro Axis
    Swe=True
    Malta is in the middle of the med
    Greece is whAT IS WEST OF TURKEY
    only one im not sure of is in egypt maybe inf?

aae402.jpg

• @Dany:

i think it might be 4 figs in the uk.

I am sure there are 4 ftrs in the UK. Look at the setup chart closely + look at the shot of DJensen after Soviet Union turn 2. Plus UK also sank the Bismarck on turn 1. You can’t do that with 1 ftr.

• The one west of syria is cyprus. missed it

• OK, this might have already been asked, but im not going to look through 6 pgs to find it. Does anyone know why the minor french ic is in normandy instead of southern france? Southern is worth more, it has Vichy in it and it gives a possible german outlet to the med.

• I guess they wanted the french and eventually germans to have a hard time building ships UK navy will surround them if they build there.

• You need to read more. This is the setup

United Kingdom  29 IPC:
    Alexandria:2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Anglo Egypt Sudan: 1 Infantry
    Egypt: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Naval Base
    France: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank
    Gibraltar:1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Iceland: 1 Air Base
    New Brunswick: 1 Naval Base
    Ontario:1 Infantry
    Quebec:1 Infantry, 1 Tank 1 Minor IC
    United Kingdom: 1 Infantry, 1 AA Gun, 1 Fighter, 1 Major IC, 1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Union of South Africa: 2 Infantry, 1 Minor IC, 1 Naval Base
    West India: 1 Infantry
    Sea Zone 71:1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 85: 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 91: 1 Destroyer 1 Carrier, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Sea Zone 98:1 Cruiser, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 106:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 109:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 110: 1 Destroyer, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 111: 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 112: 1 Cruiser

• @Imperious:

You need to read more. This is the setup

United Kingdom  29 IPC:
    Alexandria:2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Anglo Egypt Sudan: 1 Infantry
    Egypt: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Naval Base
    France: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank
    Gibraltar:1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Iceland: 1 Air Base
    New Brunswick: 1 Naval Base
    Ontario:1 Infantry
    Quebec:1 Infantry, 1 Tank 1 Minor IC
    United Kingdom: 1 Infantry, 1 AA Gun, 1 Fighter, 1 Major IC, 1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Union of South Africa: 2 Infantry, 1 Minor IC, 1 Naval Base
    West India: 1 Infantry
    Sea Zone 71:1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 85: 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 91: 1 Destroyer 1 Carrier, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Sea Zone 98:1 Cruiser, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 106:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 109:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 110: 1 Destroyer, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 111: 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 112: 1 Cruiser

1 correction id like to suggest is that there should be 4 fighters on UK. It says 4 on box + theres a chip under on setup pics so that is probably it.

• Stop looking at the picture of a game being played and start looking at the picture of the setup. The truth is with the second.

• That is what im looking at. Im looking at djensens setup picture. Im also looking at the setup on the box.

• That is what im looking at. Im looking at djensens setup picture. Im also looking at the setup on the box.

NO!

Look at the PICTURE of the set up card. Not either of those you listed. This is not rocket science.

• Sorry to be difficult but to make it perfectly clear ill attach what im looking at primarily.

aae1940-5930_preview.jpg

• secondly im looking at this. It is the setup.

tm3s.jpg

• The first picture has been extrapolated for you. Use that.

The second picture is what people playing the game for the first time did… don’t go by that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m