How is France going to survive even 1 round?!?

• @Funcioneta:

Italy plays before France, so in this game we are going to have a “Italian Vichy France”  :mrgreen:

Well, Italy invaded and was owned by France, so they shouldn’t be able to take Vichy on the first turn(but looking at P40, they’ll probably be able to take Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta on their first turn

• Italy might have to take Vichy if Germany doesnt take Brittany. Otherwise France might successfuly counterattack Paris.

Dont forget the official rule from Larry……“The first time Paris is liberated, place 4 French Infantry in that terriory”

Concievably…if Brittany and Vichy have enough French units to launch a valid attack on Paris, then the Axis has to elimnate them G1 and I1 respectively.

The risk for France is worth the reward…Even in a suicidal attack

• @oztea:

Italy might have to take Vichy if Germany doesnt take Brittany. Otherwise France might successfuly counterattack Paris.

Dont forget the official rule from Larry……“The first time Paris is liberated, place 4 French Infantry in that terriory”

Concievably…if Brittany and Vichy have enough French units to launch a valid attack on Paris, then the Axis has to elimnate them G1 and I1 respectively.

Vichy will probably have 1 inf, while Italy has 8 inf, 5 tanks,  3 fighters, and 5 transports with which it captures Vichy, Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta on the 1st turn. Germany will have 13 infantry, 10 tanks, 3 bombers, and 10 fighters in addition to 4 transports, 2 BB’s, 1 CV, and 20 SS.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@oztea:

Italy might have to take Vichy if Germany doesnt take Brittany. Otherwise France might successfuly counterattack Paris.

Vichy will probably have 1 inf, while Italy has 8 inf, 5 tanks,  3 fighters, and 5 transports with which it captures Vichy, Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta on the 1st turn. Germany will have 13 infantry, 10 tanks, 3 bombers, and 10 fighters in addition to 4 transports, 2 BB’s, 1 CV, and 20 SS.

Where did you get these figures?  5 transports for Italy?  20 subs for Germany?  Taking out Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta all in the first turn?  If that’s the case the Allies are screwed, but I don’t remember seeing that anywhere…  I think your numbers are off.

• @SAS:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@oztea:

Vichy will probably have 1 inf, while Italy has 8 inf, 5 tanks,  3 fighters, and 5 transports with which it captures Vichy, Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta on the 1st turn. Germany will have 13 infantry, 10 tanks, 3 bombers, and 10 fighters in addition to 4 transports, 2 BB’s, 1 CV, and 20 SS.

Where did you get these figures?  5 transports for Italy?  20 subs for Germany?  Taking out Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta all in the first turn?  The Allies are screwed…

20 subs the british navy won’t exist after G1.

• @SAS:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@oztea:

Vichy will probably have 1 inf, while Italy has 8 inf, 5 tanks,  3 fighters, and 5 transports with which it captures Vichy, Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta on the 1st turn. Germany will have 13 infantry, 10 tanks, 3 bombers, and 10 fighters in addition to 4 transports, 2 BB’s, 1 CV, and 20 SS.

Where did you get these figures?  5 transports for Italy?  20 subs for Germany?  Taking out Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta all in the first turn?  If that’s the case the Allies are screwed, but I don’t remember seeing that anywhere…  I think your numbers are off.

Well, if P40 is anything to go by, my numbers can’t be far off. Japan can capture Celebes, Yunan, Hong Kong, and destroy all allied ships except ones at the edge of the board.

• Note: I am joking

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Note: I am joking

Note: British humor=/=Everyone else’s humor  :-D

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Note: British humor=/=Everyone else’s humor  :-D

Silly British, jokes are for kids…

Note: Jokes are cool, but written sarcasm is hard to interpret…  At least without facial expressions.  But if it’s a joke then: :lol:

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’m not British; I’m an Indian living in the US.

• @SAS:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Note: British humor=/=Everyone else’s humor  :-D

Silly British, jokes are for kids…

Note: Jokes are cool, but written sarcasm is hard to interpret…  At least without facial expressions.   But if it’s a joke then: :lol:

It’s easy if the claim is really stupid, like IL saying that Portugal was the strongest country.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’m not British; I’m an Indian living in the US.

Well, you could have fooled me with your avatar that basically screams “Rule Britannia”!

• My avatar/tagline doesn’t say anything about the empire except that it was the largest in history: a true statement.

• Of course it is a joke. What else?

• These new kids take everything WAY seriously

• @oztea:

Back on topic
    That’s a good point Oz, when you consider that Germany will be attacking the Paris tt w/many planes that won’t be able to stay in Paris to defend (leaving only what could be a depleted ground force). I still think that Germany will have enough forces to take both the Paris tt from W Germany, & the Brittany coast tt from the low countries, however a German player may choose to leave the Brit coast and take on other endeavors.

As far as the Vichy tt, I think Italy will have the strength to take it I1. I wonder if the axis would be better served in the right circumstances to wait for Germany to take it G2, giving Germany access to the Med if it chooses to build an IC there latter (assuming Vichy won’t have an IC). On second thought a delay could cause more headaches depending on set-up. You wouldn’t want France to have the chance to shuttle troops from Vichy to Gib, or Africa. I also wonder will the 2 coastal French tt come w/NB, I think they should, and how about AB.

• @anderb:

france will fall G1. they fell like dominos against the german wehrmacht. they were so sure of themselves, that the germans would attack their maginot-line. suprise, they did not. i just cant undersztand why all you guys want france to play a role in this game, its bound to fall. hitler wouldnt let himself have two front on mainland europe. i will serve sauerkraut and bayer in moscow by G5.

Didn’t you read my post where I answered you about the Maginot Line? Again, the point of the Maginot Line was that the Germans would NOT attack it, instead going around it. That way, the French could choose where to fight them.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

My avatar/tagline doesn’t say anything about the empire except that it was the largest in history: a true statement.

It’s fun, you avatar includes territories lost in Middle Ages (Plantagenet Empire), some others that never were English (Louisianna and Florida were purchase by USA, and when was Tibet UK owned?) and some others were independent (Canada, Australia) before others were adquired (Namibia and other post-WWI colonies)  :-D

Mongolians have the 1st post as largest empire by military domination at the same time. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but Spanish could have the 2nd and British the 3rd or viceversa

• The Mongol Empire was the largest contiguous land empire. British is the largest of all time, it just isn’t all connected.

• @Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

My avatar/tagline doesn’t say anything about the empire except that it was the largest in history: a true statement.

It’s fun, you avatar includes territories lost in Middle Ages (Plantagenet Empire), some others that never were English (Louisianna and Florida were purchase by USA, and when was Tibet UK owned?) and some others were independent (Canada, Australia) before others were adquired (Namibia and other post-WWI colonies)  :-D

Mongolians have the 1st post as largest empire by military domination at the same time. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but Spanish could have the 2nd and British the 3rd or viceversa

It’s an anachronous map. They took Louisiana after one of their wars with France(I think the 7 years war).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m