Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

@knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

news really awwwwww man 6 weeks? is this another typo or just a sick joke…or…are you serious???

Serious.  And hopefully Germany 4-6 weeks after that.

WOW!  Germany could be ready so soon after the Italians?  I know this project had to “cut it’s teeth” with the Italians but I didn’t expect further nations to be ready that much sooner.  Do you think USA and the others will be on the same schedule?

Yes, we expect one nation to come out every 4-6 weeks after ITALY

• hey fmg if it’s not to late may i say something?

“The Panzerkampfwagen IV was Germany’s most important tank during WW2. It remained in mass production throughout the war, and with some 8,000 units produced, it represented more than one-third of Germany’s entire wartime tank production. As the backbone of the German Panzer Divisions, it was often called their “workhorse”. The Pz.Kpfw. IV underwent constant improvement throughout its long career, and Ausf. H, or the “H” version, is generally regarded as the definitive model, with respect to both performance and produced number. 3,774 units outnumbered any other variant. The Ausf. H is roughly classified into the early, mid and late production versions, and the early H model had a close relationship with the preceding late production “G” model. Both versions used identical suspension system and wheels. Weapons consisted of a powerful, longbarreled KwK40 L/48 tank gun plus two 7.92mm MG34 machine guns. Thin steel plates known as “Schurzen” (skirts) were introduced on the Ausf. G, and succeeded the Ausf. H. The Maybach HL120TRM engine also remained the same, but an improved SSG-77 transmission was coupled on the Ausf.H. However, the extra weight of some 1.5 tons, due to added armor and increased ammunition, lowered its top speed to 38km/h, which proved 2km/h slower than the G. The Ausf.H was mass produced from April 1943 to July 1944.”

• @cminke:

"The Panzerkampfwagen VI was Germany’s most important tank during WW2. It remained in mass production throughout the war, and with some 8,000 units produced

I think you mean IV, not VI.  The VI was the Tiger.  (Hmm, that’s a scary thought: Germany producing 8,000 Tiger tanks rather than 8,000 Panzer IVs….)

• thanks

• @cminke:

yo FMG guy, can you give us the names (some at least) of the german sculpsts, or are they not decided yet?

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Lozmoid:

Thanks FMG. Hey, how are the German units coming along? Have you decided on a full and final model list yet? Any chance we could see it? Any previews of the clay sculpts? Thanks mate.  :-)

These will be coming soon also.  Maybe I will have images and more info in the next two weeks.

• Customizer

Jeremy has stated that they are definitely sculpting the Panzer III.  That has already been decided and is a done deal.

There has been talk they may use the Tiger 1 for the second German tank, but that is not official yet.

Another possibility is the Me110 for the Tac Bomber since WOTC did the Stuka.  That is not official yet either.

• It’s so tough with the Germans to pick just two tanks…

• '10

@DrLarsen:

It’s so tough with the Germans to pick just two tanks…

Indeed it is…  I should have some info in a few days.  The factory is on some Chinese Holiday until the 10th.

• '10

This is off topic…  But China has way more holidays that USA.

Back to Topic!

• '10

@cminke:

can you give us a confined geuss to when we could pre order?

All I know is that these will be shipping soon.  I have a guarantee that they will be out before Christmas from the factory.  I will have no more information until I get back from China on the 18th.  I am going over myself tomorrow.

• @cminke:

chirp…chirp…chirp… so much enthusiasm on this thread

Jeremy is in China and won’t be back until next weekend.

• '10

@cminke:

it was a joke. just look at how many pages there are! new record?

I think that the time we have spent waiting on these new units must be a new record!

• You know what they say:

If you want if fast and cheap it wont be good
    If you want it fast and good it wont be cheap
    If you want it good and cheap it wont be fast!

I’m ok with that.

• @trackmagic:

You know what they say:

I’m ok with that.

+1

• @Raeder:

@trackmagic:

You know what they say:

I’m ok with that.

+1

indeed.  words of wisdom

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

can you give us a confined geuss to when we could pre order?

All I know is that these will be shipping soon.  I have a guarantee that they will be out before Christmas from the factory.  I will have no more information until I get back from China on the 18th.  I am going over myself tomorrow.

Wahoo! it’s the 19th…. The answer times, she comes!

• '10

@cminke:

fmg how was the trip any conclusive results?

The trip went well.  As expected the factory is behind schedule.  While I was there I was able to put some things into motion and add some urgency to the project.  At this point it looks like FMG will take delivery on/around Dec 1st.

This means that the product should be ready in time for Christmas.  I have not put up a pre-order yet as I do not need the additional headache if the factory does not meet the deadline.

It is hard enough to meet expectation without holding people’s money…

This IS going to happen, it is just taking alot longer than any of us expected.

• Customizer

So are you going to do the pre-order around Thanksgiving or so?

• well, at least they didn’t loose all the molds and forget who you were…  They will be well worth the wait, I’m sure.

Any chance that they had a set done up in color for you to take back and display on the website for the rabid fans who want to preorder… or the rest of us…  :roll: (like any of us aren’t rabid about these)

Thanks FMG!

• I’m so excited, now I know what I want from my brother for Christmas.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m