Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

@Variable:

How about tipping forward? Do the legs weigh enough to keep the barrel up?

Yes, it will stand on its own like the real life model.

• Okay I will be the first to say it. Awesome FMG! I can’t wait to get my very own.

• Customizer

Ohhh… this is good stuff.  8-)

• TripleA '12

Thank you FMG, thank you! Just tell me when I can buy!! :-)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yep, good stuff indeed. Your army of faithful project investors is ready to put down our money for the Italian sets!

• Holy crap, that’s an awesome artillery piece!  I think I’ll spend the next half-hour staring at it.

any who, back to the issue of the US bomber:

The Liberator looks pretty Bad @$$!  Better than the B-17. actually.  I love it.  great pick.  Put in on the line.  I’ll have 100, please.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Holy crap, that’s an awesome artillery piece!  I think I’ll spend the next half-hour staring at it.

The Liberator looks pretty Bad @$$!  Better than the B-17. actually.  I love it.  great pick.  Put in on the line.  I’ll have 100, please.

Where did you see an FMG Liberator piece?

• @Brain:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Holy crap, that’s an awesome artillery piece!  I think I’ll spend the next half-hour staring at it.

Where did you see an FMG Liberator piece?

They haven’t made it yet.  They just want to do the Liberator, since the B-17 is overused, and the Liberator was the most common US bomber.  There have several posts going back and forth on which bomber should be the US one.

The Liberator itself, looks Bad @$$, but I’m sure a sculpt would be beyond awesome.  None the less, any US sculpt is far off.  After Italy, Japan will be next.

I’d actually like a B-24 since I can buy a 1/700 B-25 that would fit in nicely…

• Holy cowshit! What a nice piece of artillery. I really want to spend some money on these new units, sooner rather then later, to fill up my grand Ammo box! :D Looking forward to have a look at the italian aeroplanes.

• TripleA '12

Okay, let’s have a recount. So far we have seen the finished sculpts for the following units:

TANK
    SELF PROPELLED GUN
    INFANTRY 1
    INFANTRY 2
    COMMANDER
    ARTILLERY

BATTLESHIP
    AIRCRAFT CARRIER
    DESTROYER
    TRANSPORT

So what’s next, FMG? I understand that you are still developing the following:

SUBMARINE
    CRUISER

FIGHTER
    DIVE BOMBER
    BOMBER
    AIR TRANSPORT

HALFTRACK
    TRUCK

BUNKER
    NAVAL BASE
    AIR BASE
    ARMY HQ

Can you please confirm if this is all correct? Is there anything else I missed? Many thanks to you for all your hard work; it’s been about a year now and I hope all is running to schedule.  :-)

• '10

BUNKER
    NAVAL BASE
    AIR BASE
    ARMY HQ

The above will be included in a separate set and will include IC, Minor IC, TASK FORCE MARKER and AAA gun.

The remaining ITALIAN pieces we already have sculpts for, just waiting for the Factory to finish.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

BUNKER
    NAVAL BASE
    AIR BASE
    ARMY HQ

The above will be included in a separate set and will include IC, Minor IC, TASK FORCE MARKER and AAA gun.

The remaining ITALIAN pieces we already have sculpts for, just waiting for the Factory to finish.

Will they be nation specific, or just gray?

Just keeping watching this thread. As soon as the factory finishes the test sculpts of the remaining Italian pieces, I’m willing to bet that FMG will begin the pre-order process for the Italian set. Other sets to follow after that, but so far, no Canadians planned.

• '10

The “Extras” set will be Grey like the classic ICs of most games.

As for Canadians…  not in the plan at the moment.  We kinda have our hands full with the 9 nations we are working on.  Release should be in this order:

ITALY
    JAPAN
    “Extras set”
    USA
    GERMANY
    USSR
    UK
    ANZAC (Diff colour than UK and with a few specific units of its own)
    FRANCE

If all goes as planed;
    CHINA???
    NEUTRALS???
    Canadians???
    Tech Units???

NOTE: ITALY is the first, and is taking the longest.  Once ITALY is complete the others will move much faster. This is due to set-up, factory experience and of course… funds.

• just another side note: my play station name is cminke (add me

What the hell??? :-D :-D

• @Imperious:

just another side note: my play station name is cminke (add me

What the hell??? :-D :-D

Must be for online gaming.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

The “Extras” set will be Grey like the classic ICs of most games.

As for Canadians…  not in the plan at the moment.  We kinda have our hands full with the 9 nations we are working on.  Release should be in this order:

ITALY
    JAPAN
    “Extras set”
    USA
    GERMANY
    USSR
    UK
    ANZAC (Diff colour than UK and with a few specific units of its own)
    FRANCE

If all goes as planed;
    CHINA???
    NEUTRALS???
    Canadians???
    Tech Units???

NOTE: ITALY is the first, and is taking the longest.  Once ITALY is complete the others will move much faster. This is due to set-up, factory experience and of course… funds.

Yes, but what color should Canada be (yellow-green, green-yellow, light blue?)?  Should India be a separate color (tan [in between UK and ANZAC light and dark tan], yellow, black)?

Spain?

Turkey? (black?)

Or should all neutrals be white?

• As far as neutrals i dont see ( other than me buying the standard 6 copies) why they need to make dedicated neutral units.

Rather alternative colors from existing units:

Finland= German in White
    Romania= German in green
    Bulgaria= German in light grey
    Hungry= German in Dark Grey

Spain= German in yellow or Italy
    Turkey= Russian in light brown?

or just do axis neutrals: light Grey
    Allied neutrals: light brown

For simplicity sake, I like IL’s idea of

Axis Neutrals = Light Grey
    Allies Neutrals = Light Brown

For the “Light Brown”, I’d like to see the off-white from AADD used, unless we plan to use this for the Canadians…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m