• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Let’s pretend I put the fleet in SZ 6.

Now I have 1 BB, 2 DD, 6 Transports, 1 AC and 2 Figs in SZ 2 and 2 SS, 1 AC, 2 Fig, 1 TRN, 1 DD in Sea Zone 6.

How is this better off?  Now I cannot use infantry in Germany to hit Karelia/Finland immediately.  now I cannot use carrier based fighters in Ukraine or Belorussia or Archangelsk and return them to the carrier.  Now I cannot use infantry from W. Europe to hit E. Europe or Karelia.  AND I still cannot attack the combined Allied fleet, waiting for them to attack me.

I’d rather wait in SZ 5 where I am much more flexible then SZ 6 where i’m nothing but a waiting target.

• And sitting there you ar eunable to prevent an Allied fleet build up.

Which is better, shutting down UK and US shuck for a few turns, or 1 move slower getting German INF to Karelia?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I prefer getting sitting in SZ 5 to be more flexible since putting my fleet in SZ 6 has no bearing on the Allied fleet build up.  At best it forces them to build in SZ 8 instead of SZ 3 and that prevents allied landings in FIN/NOR until Englands done making fleet, then they build in SZ 12 and land in Africa.

Meanwhile, 40% of my airforce is out of range of the Russian front.

• That is what tanks are for.

and if SZ6 is not working, move to 7.

The point is, if you cede control of the Atlantic by just sitting in the baltic, then you probably ARE wating your money on a Baltic AC.

Build your fleet, then eitehr use it to take out a few units, prevent early landings in Norway and Africa.

But if you are just using it to be just a guardian of Germany and Eastern coasts (which is an acceptible use of that fleet), then don;t complain about the Allies building their fleets up outside your range.  If you go purely defensive with the Baltic Fleet, that is what the allies are going to do.  And when they are done, your fleet is sunk.  That is jsut th way it works.

So…
    Either use teh fleet to protect Germany and Eastern while you drive hard on Russia with all you’ve got and deal with the Allied landing swhen they start, or use that fleet and challenge the Atlantic with naval and air.

But don’t complain because the Allies see which way you are going and adjust their strat accordingly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m