Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

• @The-Captain

Thank you Captain for your answers.

• @The-Captain New Question for you Mr. Cap. Have you ever playtested additional National Objectives for the HRE expansion?? I got the idea from the YG 3G40 scenario which is inferior to HRE mostly due to play balance issues but also some rule sets that are overly complicated. But there were some interesting National Objectives which are historically accurate and may not upset play balance such as:

1. UK bonus from Atlantic being completely clear of Axis naval units
    2. UK bonus if Burma Road is open and they are at war with Japan
    3. UK bonus from Operation Husky (control of Malta, Sicily, Sardinia, Crete, Cyprus)
    4. Italy bonus if those islands are controlled by Axis)
    5. German bonus from Afrika Korps (presence of certain number of German units in Africa)
    6. German & Italian bonus from Balkans occupation (Crete, Cyprus, Greece, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania)
      6.US bonus from Operation Torch completion (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya)

There were some other bonuses that seem duplicative to what is already in HRE but the six I laid out would in my opinion be interesting optional rules if play balance is not a problem. Your thoughts?

• @Trout

Those additional bonuses looks great.
    Also the fight would be more intense in the Balkan and the Mediterranean Sea. Also Operation Torch would be more viable

• @Trout

Hi Trout,

Yes - we have playtested most of these NO’s - and some additional NO’s that we came up with over the years.

Our game experience shows that most players have focus on these items:

• Strategic Planning
    • Tactical Advantages (specialized weapons and units for each Nation)
    • Formation of Panzer Armies and other Armies
    • Formation of Army Groups
    • Focus on Economic Victory (most games end with Economic Victory)
    • Focus on Military Victory

Due to the massive number of units & rules in the G40 Expansion, we decided to keep most game mechanisms OOB - including NO’s.

The only additions/changes concerning NO’s that we have added are:

• Japanese bonus for capturing China (see pg. 12)
    • United Kingdom bonus if all European territories with an IPC value are controlled by United Kingdom (see pg. 12)

Also, after the German Take Over Of Italy, the German player collects both Italian and German NO’s.

Instead of adding more NO’s, the G40 Expansion includes some economic features such as:

• Advanced Production Capacity (see pg. 13)
    • Non-Aggression Pacts (see pg. 22)
    • United Kingdom is one economy (see pg. 12)

We suggest that players should master the G40 Expansion before adding further rules.

Once this has been accomplished, most players seem to have more than enough on their hands, when playing against experienced players.

Nonetheless, we have now recorded the suggestions above concerning additional NO’s.
    We will look into those NO’s and other rules that we are continuosly working on during the coming 2024-2025 Axis & Allies Gaming Season.

Thanks for your comments.

• What’s the exact procedure when attacking with Type XXI U-boats? Does the German player have to declare BEFORE or AFTER he rolls whether he will continue to attack or retreat to avoid hits? Or even after the defender has rolled?

And if before, is that decision made before or after the defender chooses to scramble any aircraft?

• @VictoryFirst

See Example 1 and Example 2 at pg. 59.

A Type XXI U-Boat unit operates under regular OOB Submarine rules - unless mentioned at pg 59.

If the Type XXI unit withdraws from combat after the first shot, this happens before any enemy unit can return fire.

If the Type XXI unit stays in the sea zone to continue the attack after the first shot, the enemy units can return fire.
    The defender must announce before combat begins if any Fighter units will scramble against the Type XXI unit (if at least 1 Destroyer unit is present) - this rule is OOB.

The German player does not have to declare anything before the attack whether or not the attack continues.

• @The-Captain

Ah awesome, thanks! So essentially the decision to retreat for Type XXI U-boats is made after the attacker’s roll. Those units are pretty good then. I am going to buy more of them in the future 😁

• image.png

The TripleA G40 Expansion module now has The Captain represented on the map 😁

Thank you so much Captain and all the assisting players for this awesome game!

• @The-Captain Rail Movement Question - Can UK use it’s Asia rail movement to move UK or Anzac troops into Russia, or is Russia considered a territory unto itself?

• @mkgionet

At pg. 37 all rules concerning Strategic Rail Movement are described.

Asia is all of the Soviet Union, as well as Trans-Jordan & Syria and everything east of these territories - all the way to Malaya and up to Soviet Far East.

In other words: UK can send units from fx. South Africa directly to Moscow (Russia), if there is an unbroken line of friendly controlled territories from the start of that turn.

• @The-Captain For some reason I didn’t see that, thank you Captain!
    We were hoping to finish our game Saturday but it didn’t happen- exciting game report coming soon, most evenly matched game I think I’ve played.

• @mkgionet
    Great news - we look forward to your Game Report.

Remember to post pictures as well.

• @The-Captain

RE XXI and Subpens. In the example above, one could move from 113 to 110, attack,then withdraw to Subpen in 112 on first turn.

Screenshot from 2024-09-05 23-52-59.png

And if you have XXIs in 112 in a pen with 112 having Enemy ships, they can still attack and withdraw to pen. Even if everything is in same SZ.

That’s how I’m reading it. Is that correct ?

• @barnee

Yes, that is correct.

• @The-Captain

Sweet :)

I wanna buy a dozen of those XXIs and a couple pens lol

• @barnee

The German Type XXI U-Boat unit is a Wonder Weapon.

During the late stages of the War - if the Eastern Front is stabilized - Germany can Mass Produce Type XXI U-Boat units and fight another decisive Battle of The Atlantic.

• B barnee referenced this topic on

• @The-Captain Question - Can you use Strategic Rail Movement for Paratroopers?

• @mkgionet

Yes, Paratrooper units can be transported by Strategic Rail Movement.

• @The-Captain Awesome, thank you!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@The-Captain

Just to double check, the only way to sweep a mine is during combat move.

Screenshot from 2024-09-11 19-57-53.png

If you sail through in ncm, you just take your chances.

Edit
    Also, it takes place in CM, so scramble can’t defend. Against the sweeper.

Do I have it right ?

• B barnee referenced this topic

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m