• Was not even paying attention… but sometime this evening I LOST my wings…

Back on a darn boat… a tiny little boat that makes people sea sick and chases subs around…

I don;t wanna be a boat!  I want my wings back!

How far do I have to go to get my Bomber Pilot’s Wings???

Damn, that brings back memories… Mitchel Hall, USAFA… if you dropped food on your uniform, you got to chant “Sir, I want to be a bomber pilot!” as you were leaving…

Ike the Destroyer…  just does not have any music to it, ya know?

get to 2,000 and you go through metamorphis… pursuing that end myself…

• Well, all I can say is that… once I get to 5,000 I want to be a Heavy Bomber :-)
    B-17 all the way!

• B17?  The B-29 was by far superior…possibly the most advanced aircraft (The German jets notwithstanding) used during the war due to its immense payload, the extreme altitude it could fly at, and the very long distances it could go.

• Have you ever seen Heavy Metal?

MUST be the B-17 :-)

• didnt the 29 fly above antiaircraft fire?

• @M36:

didnt the 29 fly above antiaircraft fire?

Operational ceiling was just under 32,000 ft., 6 miles.

whereas the B-17G had an operational ceiling of 35,000 ft, 6 1/2 miles

I think the point is Marine is that Japan didn’t have the same firepower (AA wise as the Germans)…

• @ncscswitch:

@M36:

didnt the 29 fly above antiaircraft fire?

Operational ceiling was just under 32,000 ft., 6 miles.

whereas the B-17G had an operational ceiling of 35,000 ft, 6 1/2 miles

http://www.aviation-history.com/boeing/b17.html
    http://www.aviation-history.com/boeing/b29.html

The B-17 had a maximum altitude of 35,800 ft.  The B-29 had a maximum altitude of 36,150 ft.  I once read in a book that the B-29 (and presumably the B-17 as well since the difference is small) could fly above the range of both the Japanese AA and zero fighters.  The Japanese just did not have the ability to even touch these bombers when they flew above 30,000 ft.

• Well, the stats apparently vary by specific models…

I was using the figures for the USAF museum, which are specific to the versions displayed.

• And with the B-17 discussion behind us, just figure I would mention…

Slipped ahead of one of the Mods tonight…  GG, you are now 9th instead of 8th.  8th belongs to me :-)

I am going to get those wings back one way or another!

• Put him back to infantry and remove 1,000 of his posts… that will fix him! :roll:

• Cool, I’d get to become a fighter jock again :-P

Nah… I now have my eye on getting my wings back… bomber this time :-)

• I have been trying to catch up with Switch, but I have other duties, and cant live on the comp all day. :wink:

• LOL, if only that were true Marine…

I am averaging a 50+ hour work week, so far since Monday I have already clocked 42 hours… do have a wife, 4 fur kids, inlwas visited this week…

A very full life.  But as I said before… I type REALLY fast :-)  70 WPM, hunt and peck :-)

4 fur kids don’t count… your as mindless as the rest of us… now I don’t have a wife, inlaws…

• @Guerrilla:

4 fur kids don’t count…

You have never met Boo then… All 27 pounds of him…
    Hearding Cats may be difficult, but Boo, with all of that mass, is pretty good at hearding us :-)

• Im guessing you have an office job switch. When the boss isnt looking eh? :wink:

• @M36:

Im guessing you have an office job switch. When the boss isnt looking eh? :wink:

Actually no, I drive a commerical vehicle all over the Eastern Carolinas during the day from about 6 am to about 5 pm.  No access to a PC… hell half the places I go I don;t even have cell coverage.

Check the time stamp on my posts… excluding weekends, all evening posts…

I told you, I just type fast :-P

• no kidding. :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m