• Well, 18 years after leaving the United States Air Force Academy, I am am finally going to earn my wings tomorrow.

It is not as satisfying as it would have been to earn those wings with 2nd LT bars on my shoulder and being sent to flight school for the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II as I was set to do… but I’ll take the wings of a A6M2 Zero-Sen on this board as a shadow of what I might have been…

1000 posts sometime tomorrow in all likelyhood… 2 1/2 months after joining the board.

Darn, I talk too much!  LOL

I don’t think I even built a post count up that fast… I decided to still eat breathe and sleep… I don’t know whether I should Congratulate you or cry for you…

:cry: 8-) :cry: :-) :cry: :lol: :cry: :-D :cry: :evil: :cry: :-P :cry: :?

Cograts ncsswitch keep it up!

GG :wink:

• next time you fly a sortie over France make sure you accidentally release the bomb lever on Paris…woops!

• @Imperious:

next time you fly a sortie over France make sure you accidentally release the bomb lever on Paris…woops!

Don’t be silly IL.  You can’t strat bomb France unless someone placed an industrial complex there!  NCSC needs to wait until he is over Germany or S. Europe to do this.

• he could always do so in support of an invasion.

• Actually, I can;t bomb Fracne anyway, I am a fighter jock, not a bomber pilot (you have to get Jennifer or Janus to do the bombing…)

Nope, just got the wings a bit earlier…  they feel pretty darn good too :-)

Oh, and I do eat, and work a lot, and spend time with my wife… I just type really fast!  LOL

Good to hear! You have even more reason to type fast then me! :lol:

GG

• Actually, I can’t bomb France anyway, I am a fighter jock

Hmmm… how bout you get assigned a Me-262 fighter/bomber? they have one at the Imperial War Museum… im sure they will understand it will be for a good cause!

• But he will not be able to bomb the surroundings of Los Angeles with that. … apart from the fact that as Heavy Bomber exists as a category here one could come to to conclusion that a Jet Fighter should also exist.

• YOU trying to be funny? Isnt that a first for you?  :-D

• Watch it guys.

• Nope, no fancy German Jet prototype/early production models here (even though I probably had relatives flying the darn things).

I’ll just stick with my Zero and be happy :-)

Now where are those American Carriers???

• Now where are those American Carriers???

Ahh i think their deployment is in sea zone 52 and 55… get them!

• Actually, they are in SZ63 as we speak… and I have my eye on them  :evil:

• '19 Moderator

I’ve got my Bomber as well, but it’s taken me almost 5 years to get;)

• Well, I am still just a Zero… so you bombers have a bit of cushion on me yet…

But I have reached 15th on the list as of today…  Top Ten not THAT far away…

So before long I’ll give up my wings for being a Captain of a destroyer, then restore my wins when I hit Bomber…

For a guy who had his choice of USCGA, USNA via Prep School, and was accepted to USAFA… I guess I am not doing too badly…

All I can say is that… when I catch up with CC… I want to be a HEAVY BOMBER!

The mission of the United States Air Forces is to Fly, Fight, and WIN!

• '19 Moderator

Well, I’m not sure what the mission of the Army is but it’s probably “Blow stuf up, Kill stuff and try not to get blowed up or killed”  My emphasis is on the second part, but to each his own…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m