Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• Can you move out from a contested territory… to another contested territory?

• You can only do that if you already had units in the contested territory. See the rule on page 15 under Land Units.

• @Harry:

@Flashman:

This man is not me. The mighty Flash has no need for a sock puppet!

He is, quite obviously, the evil alter-ego of Axis and Allies creator and all-round hard man Larry Harris. His mission in life is to make the real Larry look intelligent and knowledgeable.

Correct. The laws of physics tell us there is matter and antimatter, protons and antiprotons, and positive charges and negative charges. This tells us that if a Larry Harris exists, then there must be a Harry Larris.

You’re just wrong about one thing. I am the good alter-ego. I design Christian themed board games that promote the ideals of charity and good works.

All villans think they are the good guys.

• Customizer

How do you know Lucifer isn’t the real Good guy?

Look at the state of the world under the other dude.

• @Flashman:

How do you know Lucifer isn’t the real Good guy?

Look at the state of the world under the other dude.

I’m sure both think they are.

• Customizer

Just to make an official question on a thought I posted elsewhere:

If the Austrian fleet sails into SZ17 but decides not to attack the Italian navy, does the presence of the Italian ships nevertheless prevent Austria from amphibiously assaulting neutral Greece?

In other words, does the Austrian intention to AA Greece make its move into SZ17 a combat move, with the Italian navy obliged to come to the defence of neutral Greece?

• Official Q&A

Units can never be offloaded from transports in a hostile sea zone.

• Question about the new two space movement. Here are what the new rules state :

Axis & Allies 1914 Variant:

LAND UNIT MOVEMENT

All land units (infantry, artillery, and tanks) can move up to two territories. They can move into friendly territories to reinforce them, contested territories to battle for them, or hostile or neutral territories to attack them.

Land units that begin their turn in friendly territories can move up to two territories, but they must end their movement if and when they enter a contested territory. However, they may not move into a hostile or neutral territory unless they began the turn already adjacent to such a territory. In other words, they may move only one space to enter a hostile or neutral territory. Such land units can also be moved by transport, in which case they may either be transported to any territory within range or remain at sea.

Question : It states that Inf, Art and Arm can move up to two territories into friendly territories, contested territories, hostile territories and neutral territories.

#1). What is a hostile territory? I’m assuming this means you’re attacking a territory for the first time?

#2). The rules state, “However, they may not move into a hostile or neutral territory unless they began the turn already adjacent to such a territory.”

This seems to contradict the first sentence. So, can you or can’t you move two spaces to attack a hostile or neutral territory? If not, then Inf, Art and Arm CAN’T move two space to attack hostile or neutral territories, correct? If so, then  it seems the first sentence should be rewritten.

• Official Q&A

Please post this question in the appropriate thread.

• I thought this was the appropriate thread? If not, where is the appropriate thread?

• '16

@Commando:

I thought this was the appropriate thread? If not, where is the appropriate thread?

The new rules are actually just officially proposed rules to try out… To test it out for a future Tournament ruleset

Two-Movement thread:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31111.0

Tournament Rules thread:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31187.0

• Why does the rulebook and piece box always say 16 IPC for Ottomans, when the count on from her starting territories is 19 IPC?

How can they make typo’s for something like this? Do they even have a guy to proof these things?  WTH

• Customizer

This is Axis and Allies, not Flames of War.

• Official Q&A

Bulgaria doesn’t count.  It’s an aligned minor power, not an Ottoman original territory.

• OK that explains that.

• Also, when rolling for mines:

1. Do you roll for each ship separately, or face the issue of the owner taking Dreadnought hits and free repair?

2. Do you roll for mines if the enemy controls the land areas next to the sea mine?

• @Imperious:

Also, when rolling for mines:

1. Do you roll for each ship separately, or face the issue of the owner taking Dreadnought hits and free repair?

2. Do you roll for mines if the enemy controls the land areas next to the sea mine?

1. you roll for every ship separately
    2. if the tts with naval symbols are captured by the enemy, the sea mines were neutralized

Germany has 1 Inf 1Art 2 Fighters in contested Poland while Russia has 1 Inf 1Art 1 Fighter.
    AH moves in with 2 Inf 2Art.

Do they have to attack the Russians?

AH does attack.
    Will Russia have Air Supremacy?

France has 1 Battleship and Germany has 2 cruisers in SZ 15.
    A British Cruiser moves in and attacks the 2 GE Cruisers.

Will the french BS automaticly be involved in this Seafight when the Germans shoot back?

• Official Q&A

@Chacmool:

Germany has 1 Inf 1Art 2 Fighters in contested Poland while Russia has 1 Inf 1Art 1 Fighter.
    AH moves in with 2 Inf 2Art.

Do they have to attack the Russians?

No.  You are only required to attack when you move into a hostile or neutral territory.  All other attacks are optional.

@Chacmool:

AH does attack.
    Will Russia have Air Supremacy?

Yes.  Multinational forces cannot attack together (see page 22 of the rulebook), so the German fighters will not participate in the battle.

@Chacmool:

France has 1 Battleship and Germany has 2 cruisers in SZ 15.
    A British Cruiser moves in and attacks the 2 GE Cruisers.

Will the french BS automaticly be involved in this Seafight when the Germans shoot back?

No.  See previous answer.

• Thank you to all the veterans and soldiers out there; past, present, and the fallen.  You are real heroes.

A few questions about rules:

1. Can you load troops from a contested territory onto transports?  If so, can you load troop from a contested territory and then offload them right back into the same territory to get your bombardment bonus (assuming there is at least one battleship present)?
    2. Is there any restriction of naval movement through the dardanelles straight?  Are both sides free the move through there no matter who owns the attached territories?  Of course enemy ships and naval mines still apply, just want to make sure the straights aren’t completely closed to the allies.
    3. If you are playing with the Russian Revolution rules, and the Central Powers manage to force it to happen, does that mean that Moscow can no longer count at a capital towards victory?
    4. Just to be sure, you can load ANY combination of infantry, artillery, tanks, and planes on transports correct?

That’s all I can think of right now.  Thanks in advance!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m