seems to have worked (for now)…

russia 1
    purchase
    7 inf, rtl, 2 arm… spend $37

noncombat

• per map

collect
    $37

still curious as to the differences between your starting placements and Larry’s (see previous post). what gives?

Botider_vs_Jen_A3_01Brussia.AAM

• 2007 AAR League

tell me what settings you changed in your battlemap app… i downloaded a couple of maps from random games,… they still crash my program. but your new G1 map did NOT. what’s the secret?

also… PLEASE review alpha +3 starting positions. i read through a couple of dozen posts on larry’s thread that you referenced. from what i can tell, the german, british, and french boat positions in alpah +3 are different, but that is not what your G1 reflected.

not a huge deal… but it does give the game a new G1 twist because there is possibly a reason to scramble british/french fighters to inflict damage on germany.

anyway… i will await your reply patiently. i’m gonna get really busy in the next couple of days… oldest son is getting married in 12 days, so i’m probably offline for a while in another 48 hours. too much to do…

thanks for your patience. i gotta get this battlemap thing figured out. it is a mystery…

• 2007 AAR League

@Botider:

also… PLEASE review alpha +3 starting positions. i read through a couple of dozen posts on larry’s thread that you referenced. from what i can tell, the german, british, and french boat positions in alpah +3 are different, but that is not what your G1 reflected.

further, i have looked at several G1 moves in other A3 games, and no one seems to be attacking sz112 (the two cruisers). the only explanation i can fathom is that they are not there… larry’s setup. on the other hand, the times i have been misinformed and/or mistake on these boards approaches infinity… i figured you’d know if the differences in setup had been altered/kepted,… whatever.

• 2007 AAR League

(kepted?)
    *kept

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

All I have is Larry’s last map.  I don’t have Krieg’s “Beta” version of the game (can’t really call it an Alpha, can we?  Or did Larry adopt them officially?)

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

All I have is Larry’s last map.  I don’t have Krieg’s “Beta” version of the game (can’t really call it an Alpha, can we?  Or did Larry adopt them officially?)

I am not familiar enough with alphas/betas, etc. I am just going by the earlier links you sent. And I see a difference between:

THIS (the link in your post above): http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25073.0

and

THIS (a link within your thread that goes to Larry’s setup): http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

When I look at some of the A3 games on this board, they seem to be using Larry’s setup (the tipoff being the naval arrangement in SZs 110, 111, 112, 113 and 114. That’s what is confusing to me. Oh,… in addition to the problems with Battlemap, which I still don’t understand at all. ??

If you have a newer version of the module, it won’t open previous versions (assuming you overwrote the old one.)

Alpha 3 implies http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149 setup, since that’s Larry’s version.  I have heard that Krieghund altered the setup more, but I have not actually played that version.

In Larry’s rules, the following exists:

British/French

SZ 91: Cruiser
    SZ 106: Destroyer, Transport
    SZ 109: Destroyer, Transport
    SZ 110: Cruiser, Battleship
    SZ 111: Destroyer, Battleship
    SZ 112: Cruiser (fr), Cruiser (uk)

German

SZ 113: Transport, Cruiser, Battleship
    SZ’s 103, 104, 117, 118 and 124: Submarine

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

If you have a newer version of the module, it won’t open previous versions (assuming you overwrote the old one.)

Alpha 3 implies http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149 setup, since that’s Larry’s version.  I have heard that Krieghund altered the setup more, but I have not actually played that version.

In Larry’s rules, the following exists:

British/French

SZ 91: Cruiser
    SZ 106: Destroyer, Transport
    SZ 109: Destroyer, Transport
    SZ 110: Cruiser, Battleship
    SZ 111: Destroyer, Battleship
    SZ 112: Cruiser (fr), Cruiser (uk)

German

SZ 113: Transport, Cruiser, Battleship
    SZ’s 103, 104, 117, 118 and 124: Submarine

Jen…
    Ok,… now I’m really scratching my head. I went to your link above (last post), and here is the setup on page 1 (of 390 pages)… differences noted.

Germany
    Sea Zone 103: 1 Sub
    Sea Zone 108: 1 Sub
    Sea Zone 113: 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 114: 1 Transport, 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 117: 1 Sub
    Sea Zone 118: 1 Sub
    Sea Zone 124: 1 Sub

England
    Sea Zone 91: 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 106: 1 Transport, 1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 109: 1 Transport, 1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 110: 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 111: 1 Destroyer, 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Nothing in SZ112…

Am I looking on the wrong page of the thread? I know there’s 390 pages, and it’s likely there have been some modifications, but I am looking at page 1, and there are two major differences:

• The German transport and cruiser moved from SZ113 to SZ114 - which puts them out of range of battle on G1
    • The British and French cruisers no longer in SZ112, now dispersed to other battle groups

These are obviously significant changes. I’ve look at several other A3 games, and frankly some folks are playing the setup you used for this game, and some folks are playing the setup I note here. So I don’t know which one is official. It’s fine with me if we just continue… J1 is up. I don’t really care if we are “technically” correct or not, but the slight shift did make G1 look intriguing to say the least, since the CR from the Baltic can’t get to battle, and there is one more British boat in SZ111, which really enhances the opportunity to scramble planes in defense and do some real damage to the German navy and air force.

Whatever you want to do… we’ve been wrangling about this for two weeks now. I have a bit more time now,… got the son married, so wedding plans aren’t overrunning my schedule for a while.

I will let you choose…

• Post J1 from existing and go.
    • Repost G1 from the alternate setup.

Now, as far as the correct module, I have no idea whether I have it. Can you direct me to a download? I am running .80+ alpha, which I thought was the latest, but I still can’t open the A3 maps, while all previous maps from our games are no problem. I am led to believe there is, therefore, a new module that is just a few months old that I do not have. If you could point me to it, I would be grateful.

Thanks for your patience…

Bo

• 2007 AAR League

In a PM from Krieghund (which I will forward), he indicates that Larry’s setup in the ‘HarrisGameDesign’ thread referenced above is the Alpha 3 setup currently in use. This setup is mirrored in the Alpha3.aam battlemap file I posted earlier in this thread. Now, it is entirely possible that the setup on Page 1 of Larry’s thread has been altered somewhere in the next 389 pages, but I have not had the time to walk through it and see. So,… it appears the setup used for your G1 was obsolete, if I understand Krieg’s message.

As far as the problems with Battlemap, I have no idea how to remedy those.

• 2007 AAR League

Okay,… finally found TMTM’s GA3.gim module and loaded, so map is fixed. I still don’t understand the disrepancies between your setup and Larry’s… ?? But at least I am good to go with battlemap again. :)

• 2007 AAR League

go ahead with j1 whenever you want…

@Botider:

Okay,… finally found TMTM’s GA3.gim module and loaded, so map is fixed. I still don’t understand the disrepancies between your setup and Larry’s… ?? But at least I am good to go with battlemap again. :)

Ah, I see a revision as of near Valentine’s Day.  I got sick of Mantlefan’s insanity over there with his fabricated lies and doctored screenshots, so I stopped going.  I was going with the setup that existed for so long after he said he was “done” and went on to work on the newer version of the game (soon to be released, assuming now that we know of it officially, I don’t have to keep it secret anymore.)

@Botider:

Yea, going to mark this unread and get to it this weekend.  Bad week for me (prolly woulda had STELLAR dice, due to the massive debt of bad karma I expended in TWO car wrecks, house damage, root canal, etc…)

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

@Botider:

Ah, I see a revision as of near Valentine’s Day.  I got sick of Mantlefan’s insanity over there with his fabricated lies and doctored screenshots, so I stopped going.  I was going with the setup that existed for so long after he said he was “done” and went on to work on the newer version of the game (soon to be released, assuming now that we know of it officially, I don’t have to keep it secret anymore.)

@Botider:

Yea, going to mark this unread and get to it this weekend.  Bad week for me (prolly woulda had STELLAR dice, due to the massive debt of bad karma I expended in TWO car wrecks, house damage, root canal, etc…)

Ouch! And all I did was marry off one of my children. Whew!  :wink:

Cant wait to get mine married off, let someone else house break them!  (I had to get stuck with boys, right?)

If you have a new module, could you email it too me? (isfcco@hotmail.com)

Japan:

Buy(26)

• 3 Transports, Save 5

Combat Moves:

Cha, Anh with Infantry from Jeh
    3 Inf, Art, Fig, Tac, 2 Strat to Yun
    3 Inf, Art, 3 Fig, 2 Tac to Hun

Combat:

Yunnan:
    Attacker:
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@2 1@3 3@4; Total Hits: 32@1: (6, 6)2@2: (1, 6)1@3: (6)3@4: (2, 1, 6)
    Defender:
    DiceRolls: 4@2; Total Hits: 14@2: (5, 3, 1, 4)

Yunnan:
    Attacker:
    DiceRolls: 1@1 2@2 1@3 3@4; Total Hits: 31@1: (4)2@2: (4, 2)1@3: (6)3@4: (4, 4, 5)
    Defender:
    DiceRolls: 1@2; Total Hits: 01@2: (5)

Hunan:
    Attacker:
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@2 3@3 2@4; Total Hits: 32@1: (4, 5)2@2: (1, 4)3@3: (2, 6, 2)2@4: (5, 5)
    Defender:
    DiceRolls: 2@2; Total Hits: 02@2: (3, 5)

Everything moves towards Kwa/Hai area

Build 3 Transports in SZ 6

Collect 40 + 5 Saved = 45 IPC

Botider_vs_Jen_A3_01Cjapan.AAM

• 2007 AAR League

us 1

purchase
    2 cv, 2 dd, trn… spend $51, save $1

noncombat
    ss, dd sz35 > sz32
    ftr philippines > marshall is