• '10

Friendly Neutrals Question:

If a Power attacks a friendly neutral of the opposing powers (ex. Italy attacking Greece), and the power fails to take the neutral and withdraws, what happens to the remaining neutral troops? Do they convert to active troops that can then leave their original terriotry (ex. former Greek troops move into Bulgaria)?  Does a power start collecting money from the friendly neutral now being fully turned to their side by virtue of a failed invasion?  Do the surviving troops convert to a power nation, if so which one?

I know this is probably in the rulebook, but don’t have it handy and these days most of what is in there is no longer relevant…

• @DutchmanD:

Friendly Neutrals Question:

If a Power attacks a friendly neutral of the opposing powers (ex. Italy attacking Greece), and the power fails to take the neutral and withdraws, what happens to the remaining neutral troops? Do they convert to active troops that can then leave their original terriotry (ex. former Greek troops move into Bulgaria)?  Does a power start collecting money from the friendly neutral now being fully turned to their side by virtue of a failed invasion?  Do the surviving troops convert to a power nation, if so which one?

I know this is probably in the rulebook, but don’t have it handy and these days most of what is in there is no longer relevant…

The surviving country (Greece) and its units join the allies(since Italy attacked). They are not under direct control until you send a land unit there, but their territory is a valid landing site for air units. (once you convert it to your control by sending a land unit, you get the income)

• @JamesAleman:

They are not under direct control until you send a land unit there

Meaning they cannot leave Greece or attack.

• Sponsor

At the end of round 1, the US has 1 sub and 1 destroyer off Queensland in SZ #54, and ANZAC has 3 fighters in Queensland. During the combat phase of J2, Japan decides that their only attack will be against the American boats in #54. My question is, do ANZAC immediately ally themselves with America during this unprovoked attack and scramble their 3 fighters into the battle adjacent to Queensland, even though they were not directly attacked by Japan?

• @Young:

At the end of round 1, the US has 1 sub and 1 destroyer off Queensland in SZ #54, and ANZAC has 3 fighters in Queensland. During the combat phase of J2, Japan decides that their only attack will be against the American boats in #54. My question is, do ANZAC immediately ally themselves with America during this unprovoked attack and scramble their 3 fighters into the battle adjacent to Queensland, even though they were not directly attacked by Japan?

No.  The British Empire is not diplomatically triggered by attacks against the US, and ANZAC would not be at war with Japan unless Japan had declared war on ANZAC or UK prior to that combat move and would not be able to declare war until their turn.

• Sponsor

@kcdzim:

@Young:

No.  The British Empire is not diplomatically triggered by attacks against the US, and ANZAC would not be at war with Japan unless Japan had declared war on ANZAC or UK prior to that combat move and would not be able to declare war until their turn.

Same situation, but Japan makes a second combat movement in the same round against a lone ANZAC transport, now can their fighters scramble to help the American boats?

• @Young:

@kcdzim:

@Young:

Same situation, but Japan makes a second combat movement in the same round against a lone ANZAC transport, now can their fighters scramble to help the American boats?

Prior to making any combat movement against a power you started the turn at peace with, you need to declare war.  As soon as you declare war against a power, it can/will defend with friendly units in territories or seazones that are attacked.  That includes scrambling fighters to defend.

If you declare war on the US and UK/ANZAC in the same round, they’re now allied, and will/can defend together.

So, yes.

• I’m not near a rulebook, can you build fighters and place them in a sea zone adjacent to your factory, but on an allies carrier? (assumes both powers at war)

• @JamesAleman:

I’m not near a rulebook, can you build fighters and place them in a sea zone adjacent to your factory, but on an allies carrier? (assumes both powers at war)

No, never

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gamerman01:

@JamesAleman:

I’m not near a rulebook, can you build fighters and place them in a sea zone adjacent to your factory, but on an allies carrier? (assumes both powers at war)

No, never

I was going to say that, but figured I didn’t want you demanding the page number or yelling at me for not reading my own book. :p

• @Cmdr:

I was going to say that, but figured I didn’t want you demanding the page number or yelling at me for not reading my own book. :p

Silly - only when you give the wrong answer without qualifying it

Page 22 under “restrictions on placement”.  Only took 15-20 seconds to find, in this well-organized rulebook….  :-)

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Silly - only when you give the wrong answer without qualifying it

Page 22 under “restrictions on placement”.  Only took 15-20 seconds to find, in this well-organized rulebook….  :-)

Screw your rulebook, in it’s place I put my own (literally!)

• Sponsor

What is the math on damaged major ICs becoming minors? Is it 7 on a major equals 6 on a minor, and 4 on a major becomes 4 on a minor. Does it go something like that?

• @Young:

What is the math on damaged major ICs becoming minors? Is it 7 on a major equals 6 on a minor, and 4 on a major becomes 4 on a minor. Does it go something like that?

A major that’s damaged discards damage markers in excess of the total damage it can sustain.  So, a major with 20 that’s captured becomes a minor with 6.  And a major with 4 damage that’s captured becomes a minor with 4 damage.

• Sponsor

1 sub attacks a lone aircraft carrier with 2 fighters,

1. Only the sub and carrier resolve combat on the battle board.

2. The sub hit during the 1st round of combat and a damage marker goes under the carrier.
    Does the carrier receive it’s Defence roll, or does the sub immediately continue with another surprise strike, submerge, or retreat to begin the 2nd combat round?

3. The sub (if survives) submerges, leaving the carrier damaged.
    what are the fighters options?

To die. (Or land on another carrier in that sea zone or to land on an adjacent friendly territory.)

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

To die. (Or land on another carrier in that sea zone or to land on an adjacent friendly territory.)

So the maximum movement points for air units in this situation is 1? And what about the other half of my question?

• @Young:

So the maximum movement points for air units in this situation is 1? And what about the other half of my question?

Yes, movement point is one, so fighters can also land on available space on a carrier 1 sea zone away, not just in that same sea zone.

For your #2 - yes, the carrier receives its defense roll, as would a battleship that has only been hit once.  It’s only on the 2nd and sinking hit that the sunk ship does not get to fire.

• Can I play pacific 1940 with alpha 3+ setup and pacific NOs and the rule that USA gets +40ipc

@valtteri771:

Can I play pacific 1940 with alpha 3+ setup and pacific NOs and the rule that USA gets +40ipc

You can play anything your friends agree to play with.  However, Alpha +3 is designed for the global game, applying it to only the Pacific may or may not create issues in balance.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m