• @JamesAleman:

If you(an axis player) invade a neutral and fail to capture it; it joins the other side (the allies). It is not pro-allied, it is an ally, like Dutch territories are.

I never picked up on this before.  Thanks for clearly pointing it out, James.

So if you attack a true neutral, it is no longer neutral, it joins the other side.  All the OTHER true neutrals in the world are still neutral, but become pro-enemy Alliance, so their “no-fly zones” are still in force.  But the invaded true neutral is now “in play”.  So your enemies could then move ground and/or air forces into the attacked country, as it is no longer neutral.  However, until the opposing side moves ground forces into said territory, no playable power controls the attacked territory and no one collects income from it until conquered or claimed by ground forces, as applicable.  Got it now, then.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gamerman01:

@JamesAleman:

If you(an axis player) invade a neutral and fail to capture it; it joins the other side (the allies). It is not pro-allied, it is an ally, like Dutch territories are.

I never picked up on this before.  Thanks for clearly pointing it out, James.

So if you attack a true neutral, it is no longer neutral, it joins the other side.  All the OTHER true neutrals in the world are still neutral, but become pro-enemy Alliance, so their “no-fly zones” are still in force.  But the invaded true neutral is now “in play”.  So your enemies could then move ground and/or air forces into the attacked country, as it is no longer neutral.  However, until the opposing side moves ground forces into said territory, no playable power controls the attacked territory and no one collects income from it until conquered or claimed by ground forces, as applicable.  Got it now, then.

Then, by extension, you are permitted to fly over a true neutral, it just joins the enemy if you do so. (And all of it’s buddies are pissed at you too.)  ?

• @Cmdr:

Then, by extension, you are permitted to fly over a true neutral, it just joins the enemy if you do so. (And all of it’s buddies are pissed at you too.)  ?

Oooo - good question.  I should probably stop answering G40 questions esp since I haven’t been playing it, but I can’t resist.  I’m quite sure you can’t fly over any neutrals while they are neutral, period.

The only “no-no” flyover you can do, is UK/ANZAC can fly over Chinese territory when UK/ANZ is still neutral towards Japan, which is considered an act of war by Japan (allows Japan to DOW on UK/ANZ without giving the US a chance to DOW on Japan)….

• Official Q&A

@Gamerman01:

I’m quite sure you can’t fly over any neutrals while they are neutral, period.

Correct.

@Gamerman01:

The only “no-no” flyover you can do, is UK/ANZAC can fly over Chinese territory when UK/ANZ is still neutral towards Japan, which is considered an act of war by Japan (allows Japan to DOW on UK/ANZ without giving the US a chance to DOW on Japan)….

Not exactly.  Any Allied power must be at war with Japan before it can fly over Chinese territories.

• @Krieghund:

@Gamerman01:

Correct.

@Gamerman01:

Not exactly.  Any Allied power must be at war with Japan before it can fly over Chinese territories.

British land units can enter China when the UK is not at war with Japan, but it will lead to a provoked declaration of war by Japan as I understood.  So a land unit can enter China but an air unit cannot?

• Official Q&A

No.  Any Allied power must be at war with Japan before it can move any units into or through Chinese territories.

• Thanks again, Krieghund!  So great to have you here straightening things out for us on a regular basis!

• '10

For the kamikazee strikes, can they be used if the US is doing a combat amphib in one of the designated see zones, but there is no ground unit defending? … a walk-in, in other words.

• They can target dd,cv,ca,BB’s in that zone, a smart USA player simply sends the transport during combat to “walk” in and then noncombats the navy there.

Kamikaze’s don’t target subs or transports, so they will not disrupt the landing if I understand correctly.

• While India is not at war with Japan, can Russia move from Szechwan to Burma during non combat moves while Russia is at war with Japan in China?

• @JamesAleman:

They can target dd,cv,ca,BB’s in that zone, a smart USA player simply sends the transport during combat to “walk” in and then noncombats the navy there.

Kamikaze’s don’t target subs or transports, so they will not disrupt the landing if I understand correctly.

Exactly right.

But if there was defending fleet in the zone, then the American player would send in combat ships, and if there are surface combat ships moving in during combat movement, then kamikazes can attack them in the appopriate zones.

• @JamesAleman:

While India is not at war with Japan, can Russia move from Szechwan to Burma during non combat moves while Russia is at war with Japan in China?

Yes, because the UK is at war with Germany and Italy (is not a neutral).

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Oooo - good question.  I should probably stop answering G40 questions esp since I haven’t been playing it, but I can’t resist.  I’m quite sure you can’t fly over any neutrals while they are neutral, period.

You MAY fly over a true neutral, you just turn all true neutrals against you, then…but the pilots could fly over Turkey if they really wanted too without literally attacking Turkey, right?

• @Krieghund:

@Gamerman01:

Correct.

You must not be reading every post on this thread, Jenn.

@Gamerman01:

@Krieghund:

@Gamerman01:

Correct.

You must not be reading every post on this thread, Jenn.

No, I took a break and didnt read two or three (thousand) pages. lol.  So I got confused.

• @Cmdr:

No, I took a break and didnt read two or three (thousand) pages. lol.  So I got confused.

Thing is, it was on this page.
    Reply #230

• Has the official Europe/Global FAQ been released already like the Pacific FAQ?

• Official Q&A

@RedArmySoldier:

Has the official Europe/Global FAQ been released already like the Pacific FAQ?

No, but there are Official Rules Clarifications.

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

No, I took a break and didnt read two or three (thousand) pages. lol.  So I got confused.

Reply #230

Okay, sea lawyer, but reply number 230 is not on this page.  :-P

• @Cmdr:

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Reply #230

Okay, sea lawyer, but reply number 230 is not on this page.   :-P

It was when you posted #239…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m