• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Pan:

Although I lurk and rarely post, I have to comment here…

According to my wife, being female not only gives her the right to be wrong but also automatically makes any “wrong” answer correct, thereby also making any male answers wrong.

You must have awesome relations with your wife!  Good for you, Pan!

@gamerman01:

:-)

btw Jenn and I have been PM’g, and we’ve always been on friendly terms, in case anyone’s wondering

I am friends with everyone except 3 people and all 3 of those people do not post here anymore. ^_^

• Just wanted to help with page #'s and book

• mmmm hmmm, thats the best type of help surprise attack, thanks!

giving a page number…and book…for reference is like that sweet fruit flavored syrup they put on pancakes…tasty!

Can you scramble 3 fighters to SZ 97 and to SZ 95 in the same round from the same airbase?

That is, scrambling a total of 6 fighters in one round.

• @Cmdr:

Can you scramble 3 fighters to SZ 97 and to SZ 95 in the same round from the same airbase?

No.  each airbase can only scramble 3 fighters total on any given round.  Each of those three can be tasked to different seazones though, so 1 & 1 & 1 or 1 & 2 etc etc etc.

• Can ANZAC, for example, use an UK-Airbase built on English Territory in it’s turn?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Does it need to be under UK-Control for one full ROUND to give ANZAC the Movement-Advantage?

• Official Q&A

No, just since the beginning of the turn.

• Is this correct?

• a transport my load AND unload in friendly territory during NCM.

• no further movement of these deployed units is allowed from there this turn (tanks / mech. inf.)

• a transport my load AND unload in hostile territory during CM (amphibious assault).

• no blitzing from there.

I’m just not fully sure about that.
    Thanks and greetings from Munich.

• Official Q&A

Yes, that’s true, as long as the transports and land units belong to the same power.

• Thank you Krieghund for patiently answering my questions!

Another one, we are not fully sure where AA-Guns can be built (Alpha +2):

Can AA-Guns be build in any Territory under my control since the beginning of my turn, even without a factory being there?

No.  AA Guns are built at factories.

Factories, Naval Bases and Air Bases are the only structures that can be built in territories without Factories in them.

• @Cmdr:

If by round you mean one enemy turn, then no. You of coarse can scramble up to 3 air units in each of your enemies turns through out 1 round of play.

You can build an AB in N Italy that will allow you to scramble up to 6 ftrs to these sz’s at any given time.

My question is for as many games that you have played, how can you not know this about Alpha?

Brain Fart, oh yea as a female it must be a “Brain Toot”

@WILD:

@Cmdr:

If by round you mean one enemy turn, then no. You of coarse can scramble up to 3 air units in each of your enemies turns through out 1 round of play.

You can build an AB in N Italy that will allow you to scramble up to 6 ftrs to these sz’s at any given time.

My question is for as many games that you have played, how can you not know this about Alpha?

Brain Fart, oh yea as a female it must be a “Brain Toot”

I have yet to have the means and opportunity to scramble 3 Fighters in SZ 95 and 3 more Fighters in SZ 97.  Have you?

• No, but why would you need to split up into two sz’s?  I have seen Italy build an AB in N Italy in later rounds to protect its fleet in sz 95 or 97 w/6 planes (some were German). In that game the UK pulled back to the Red sea to consolidate for a later return. Because the UK pulled back, Italy got much of Africa so its income was on the rise. Italy needed the extra protection for when both UK/US entered the Med. US/UK moving back to back can really be a bitch!  Its normally a loosing proposition for the Italians to try to keep up in an arms race, but it did take a lot of fire power to take Italy down.

It’s a hypothetical question, I highly doubt it will ever come into play.  I was just curious to see  if the scramble rules allowed for 3 aircraft per battle or 3 aircraft per airbase.

• @Cmdr:

It’s a hypothetical question, I highly doubt it will ever come into play.  I was just curious to see  if the scramble rules allowed for 3 aircraft per battle or 3 aircraft per airbase.

It’s 3 per airbase per turn.  I should have corrected my response saying round, which is incorrect, as facilities “reset” each round for repair, scrambling, etc.

• Hey Jenn, in that truncated 1940 game we last played, you were building airbases along the Atlantic with Germany like there was no tomorrow.  Surely you knew that having an airbase (I think you had them on) Holland and Normandy allows you to scramble up to 6 fighters to Z110?  I mean, I think you had 2 or 3 on each territory, so it looked like you knew exactly how that rule works.

Speaking of which, I’m sorry about that game - it was totally my fault it got stuck after a couple rounds.  I got stalled out on the American turn (the Allied 4-play) and my work schedule got all unpredictable there….

(And I know it’s my turn for R1 - I’ll see if I can get that in tonight here)
    TTYL

Already said it was no problem!

And yes, I knew each sea zone could only have 3 fighters per airbase bordering the sea zone, I was just wondering on if the airbases bordered more than one sea zone if it could scramble up to three fighters per sea zone it bordered.

Hypothetically (because such a place does not exist) say there is an island with 5 sea zones touching it and an airbase.  What I wanted to know is if I could station 15 fighters there and have 3 available to scramble into each and every sea zone to defend.

Oh, and if you think W. France/Holland was bad, you shoulda seen the game with an airbase in W. Germany, Denmark and Norway!  That was fun!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m