• @F_alk:

@Major:

guns can kill people, there fore people will think more of guns than other normal day things that kill. more people died from car related incidences, does that mean we should take all cars away too, i wonder what the gun hating people of the world would say if that was thrown on the table?

“gun hating people of the world” is pure polemic and useless.
    I have the grace to still answer your question, even though that comment made me much less inclined to do so, and even though it had been answered several times before the hacking of the forum.

guns are designed to kill
    cars are designed to bring you from one place to the other. 
    They differ in their purpose. One is functioning perfectly when it kills, the other one malfunctions when it kills.

Knives are designed to cut.  But they kill too, don’t they?

As far as the gun thing goes.  My great grandfather’s shotgun is old as hell.  And I would sooner set my home on fire than fire the damn thing right now (dangerous).  However, living in the south I have met some people really intrested in my great grandfather’s gun.  All I know of it was that that gun fed my grandfather, and his siblings.  A guy I know told me if I got the “stain” off of it with some gun oil I could find a number on it that would show me (on the internet) where it came from.  Needless to say, I am very intrested in knowing that.  My great grandfather got the gun second hand (this is a handed down story, I never knew my great grandfather).

I am a dumb ass as far as shotguns go.  The guy I talked to (and saw the gun) said it was a 20 gauge.  That was more than I knew.  :?

• My daddy had a few guns - kept them at the cottage - mostly for bear (not “bare”).  I’ve fired a few shots from a 12 guage, and that was fun.  Is it true that the 10 guage is military issue?
    Anyway, he had a couple of rifles that i pulled a few shots from as well.
    I used to be quite into the bow-and-arrow.  I even have a compound bow here.  I don’t hunt (although my dream is to eat a man-eating tiger/lion - just to be on top of the food chain).  If i did hunt, it would be bow-hunting.  It seems so much more manly than relying on a gun.

• AFAIK, 10 gauge isn’t military.  I don’t think the military has much use for shotguns.

It is a rare type of civilian shotgun make.  It is rare because 12 gauge is more than enough power for anything you will be hunting with a shotgun and the problems with shotguns (kick during firing, weight, ammunition cost, etc.) are worse with the 10 gauge.

Certainly bow hunting is more challenging that with a rifle/shotgun/pistol and thus could be considered more “sporting.”

• What is the point in having more than one gun to protect yourself? OK i even can see having one gun if you live in like Atlanta Georgia… but if you live in Maine or Vermont or Utah you dont even need a toothpick. The power of that Ak47 is a substitute for something else IMO-

OK wait ill take a Luger only because it was a standard issue for german officers…nevermind the above.

(LUGAR was a typo… good grief!)

• i don’t hunt, i don’t use my firearms to kill. i am a target shooter. I had enough of shooting at people while in the corps. and yes  guns were invented to kill and cars were not. that wasn’t my point, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. the point was that it is the person that kills, if you were to take all the guns in the world and have superman throw them into the sun what then? you actually think that people wont find other ways of killing eachother? at last with firearms around we can put our selves on the same plain as some crazy bastard out to hurt people.
    i don’t shoot for a power trip, its actually quite humbling to fire a gun. i shoot because its fun when done safely, its challenging, and competitive.
    People against guns cant get past the bad guy who shot some old woman, or robbed a gas station. there is a whole world of firearms out there, and from my experience the people that own firearms are more responsible in many aspects than people who have never fired a weapon before.
    to the ignorant people who say guns are evil and cause nothing but pain, try joining a gun club, squeeze off a few rounds, have some fun, learn to be safe, and learn to master your seances.
    by the way i started this forum for people that owned guns to get to gether and share our knowledge and experiences with firearms, not for some dim witted jerk to come in here and start preaching to me about the evil thing that is a gun.

• Luger

addendum:
    @Major:

… if you were to take all the guns in the world and have superman throw them into the sun what then? … at last with firearms around we can put our selves on the same plain as some crazy bastard out to hurt people.

I thought we just assumed they were all thrown into the sun? How can i then put myself on the same plain with someone who has none?

People against guns cant get past the bad guy who shot some old woman, or robbed a gas station. there is a whole world of firearms out there, and from my experience the people that own firearms are more responsible in many aspects than people who have never fired a weapon before.

So, the bad guy  who shot someold woman or robbed a gas sation was acting responsible? I mean, he was the one who owns and fired a gun … and then you say they are more responsible?

to the ignorant people who say guns are evil and cause nothing but pain, try joining a gun club, squeeze off a few rounds, have some fun, learn to be safe, and learn to master your seances.

Did that for 10 years, found it boring.

• I’m sorry “Major” but which of us is the dim-witted one?
    Also take it from someone who has worked in the ER and on trauma surgery - a gun is pretty much more lethal than nearly anything else that is available to the public.

Finally - what does it mean to “master your seances”?  I do not hold these for a number of reasons - candles being one of the rate-limiting steps.  Also i find it just wrong to try to call up the dead.  Call me old-fashioned.

• none of that was towards you CC, i have no problems with you. I don’t even really have a problem with F_alk. he may love to quote a few phrases and give a witty little comeback, but he never really solves any thing, nor dose he really ever say anything. By the way F_alk if you were bored by guns than why were you in a gun club for 10 years, are you really that slow? You also don’t really think much, or at least you don’t seem to try to hard. What do you mean how can you out yourself on the same plain with someone who has no gun? if there were no guns, dumb people that commit crimes would still find weapons, they would build weapons ( a gun and some ammo is really easy to make) and you would be sitting there unable to do anything about anything. i know you don’t need  a gun to be safe, you don’t need weapons to feel sage either, but if you have a gun then you at least have the chance to defend you and yours if and when the time comes. so take a deep breath, relax a little and use that thing on top of your neck for its intended purpose, after doing that for awhile try to answer me this, what would it archive if all the firearms in the world were made illegal to own? and actually try to answer it, don’t give me some worthless comment, actually make a point for yourself, if you have one.

• @Major:

By the way F_alk if you were bored by guns than why were you in a gun club for 10 years, are you really that slow?

I think it is called children trying to please their parents … and later lazyness as the parents paid the club fee anyway, and i wanted that bronze medal for being in the club for ten years. And i had some friends there.

You also don’t really think much, or at least you don’t seem to try to hard.

I reserve that for my real life.

What do you mean how can you out yourself on the same plain with someone who has no gun? if there were no guns, dumb people that commit crimes would still find weapons, they would build weapons ( a gun and some ammo is really easy to make) and you would be sitting there unable to do anything about anything.

I think the word is “balance”. If they are dumb and able to improvise weapons, why can’t i? It doesn’t have to be a gun. Indeed, if you usea gun “in self defense” to kill an attacker with who has …say a bat: then it is not self-defese but manslaughter, as your replay was not balanced. (I wonder wther i should add that this is the law in my country and thus can’t be taken universally. I guess not, for obvious reasons).
    And how is ammo easy to make? Would you use “explosive cotton” or what?

what would it archive if all the firearms in the world were made illegal to own? and actually try to answer it, don’t give me some worthless comment, actually make a point for yourself, if you have one.

Look at the start of this thread: the price for illegal guins would rise. Less people (criminals or not) would own one. Less owners means less users and less work for people in the ER.

• @F_alk:

what would it archive if all the firearms in the world were made illegal to own? and actually try to answer it, don’t give me some worthless comment, actually make a point for yourself, if you have one.

Look at the start of this thread: the price for illegal guins would rise. Less people (criminals or not) would own one. Less owners means less users and less work for people in the ER.

:-D
    Thanks F_alk.  When on trauma surgery, it is nice to not get a 4:00 am page because someone shot his cousin during a drinking match.

• well i envy you and your 10 years in a club. I have to drive from chicago to north of minnappolis to shoot on my grandpas property ( Illinois is has the worst gun laws in the US if you didn’t know)

OK, if guns were made illegal there would be less of them, and it would make it harder for “bad people” to get their hands on them, right? well first off i live in  down town chicago, and for those of you that don’t know chicago made it illegal to own or posses any kind of fire arm in the city, if you get caught its federal time (um federal time for a city crime, does that sound right?) i have lived here for 3 1/2 years now in the same apt. ( right across the street from Wrigley Field  :-D) This is a good neighborhood as far as chicago goes, mostly families, and a few college students like me floating around, a good police presence as well. but, i have been robbed 3 times, i have been mugged 4 times , 3 times was by a guy pointing a GUN at my head, in this cases i gave them what they wanted because i cant compete with a gun to my head, but that loser that didn’t have a gun got the crap kicked out of him ( a note to any would be muggers, don’t ever try to mug an ex-marine with no firearm) these weren’t high level gang bangers, they were just worthless street trash, bums. in a city were firearms are illegal the lowlist of the low can still get there hands on a gun. there are to many to be destroyed, it would be a futile attempt to get rid of them.

as far as making bullets, well, there are people in this world smarter than you and i f_alk believe it or not. if there is a way t do something then it will be done, especially if there is a whole lot of money in it.

this argument is pretty stupid, i joined this forum because i love axis and allies. and i would assume that you do to. so why don’t we leave it at i believe in what i do, and you believe in what you do. i don’t expect everyone to think like me, and i am not going to try to force my thinking on someone else, thats a little to Richard the Lionheart for me. i don’t want to make any enemy’s in here, so its up to you. if you want to talk about axis and allies I’m all for it. and if i pissed you off I’m sorry, i do tend to become very protective of my 2nd amendment rights.

• @cystic:

Unless you’re Homer Simpson and find a gun handy for adjusting the lights etc. . . . .

There was that other episode where Springfield gave up all their guns and got terrorized by 4 armed zombies.  Again hilarious.

• actually it was two aliens

• @Major:

… 3 times was by a guy pointing a GUN at my head, in this cases i gave them what they wanted because i cant compete with a gun to my head, but that loser that didn’t have a gun got the crap kicked out of him ( a note to any would be muggers, don’t ever try to mug an ex-marine with no firearm)…

A friend of mine who did a lot martial arts said that the danger comes from guns that are about a meter or more away from you. Everything that is closer (like to your head) you can disarm before the guy has a chance to react and pull the trigger.

• Everything that is closer (like to your head) you can disarm before the guy has a chance to react and pull the trigger.

You’d better be quicker with your martial arts than the gunman’s trigger finger… in the event of a tie, you still lose.

• There is no martial arts move to counter a bullet. Trust Me, I have a buddy who is a third degree black belt, and he says that if you run up against a guy with a gun, just run away. Fancy fighting wont stop a bullet.

• There is no martial arts move to counter a bullet. Trust Me, I have a buddy who is a third degree black belt, and he says that if you run up against a guy with a gun, just run away. Fancy fighting wont stop a bullet.

thats the truest statement ive heard in a long time from you, marine. there is no martial arts system or technique which will save you from a gun at several meters distance. if you cant take cover, or talk him down from shooting, you are dead (assuming hes a competent shot, of course).

• @F_alk:

cars are designed to bring you from one place to the other. 
    They differ in their purpose. One is functioning perfectly when it kills, the other one malfunctions when it kills.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/Insureyourcar/P135061.asp

http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2005/09/09/safestcars-acura-ford-cx_dl_0912feat_ls.html?partner=msn

They have car safety ratings.  Cheaper is generally less safe for 2006.  What about guns?

• i had a buddy that was in the service with me that had been in ballet for 13 years and gymnastics for 15 years. weird, yes, but he was one nimble little guy. while in western Africa we were taking fire from a source I’m not allowed to say, they had rpgs flying all over the place, this guy did back flips threw an open street to get to the other side, guy even kept his rifle in his hand ready to use the whole time. when he did that the firing stopped just long enough for us to take control. i think the “enemy” was so weirded out by the back flips they didn’t know what to do. we all got medals that day, but he had about 2 or 3 more than anyone for that little stunt. crazy.

• Watch out for the wrath of the concealed weapons permit holder who is blind.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10296505/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m