• @Subotai:

In the real WW2 there was a KGF strat. About 75%-80% of US war production went to Europe.

And most likely that will be a good strategy in the games as well.

• yeah? you think 25 IPC can stop japan?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

yeah? you think 25 IPC can stop japan?

Yes, long enough to finish Germany off first.

• Well, in too many games I’ve played there has been 0% of the IPC vs Japan……

• I doubt 25 IPCs from USA can stop 100 IPCs from Japan. This is not AA50

You also could wonder how many IPCs is going to left for USA when Japan starts anti-convoying California, Mexico and Central America, taking Alaska and having to repel the invasion on America. Maybe some SBRs on USA’s ICs also? Maybe you didn’t noticed, but even before knowing how Europe board is, WUSA is nearer from Japan that Moscow is, with all those chinese, south asian and siberian buffer territories and the new rules for NBs

And you can guess west axis is going to be stronger than never, a hard nut to crack

Not need of a split income

• one game i had the us went aganst the japanese and uk/russia went to germany
    the axis one becuse all japan did was SB russia and us and germany bombed the uk
    each only had 7-15 ipcs! there strat sucked

• @Andy_Dandy:

Well, in too many games I’ve played there has been 0% of the IPC vs Japan……

That is because in order to conduct an effective campaign one must invest in a large expensive navy for very little IPC gain. It is far easier to establish a foothold in Europe and take care of Japan later.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

who wastes IPC on subs?

for convoys ;)

• One option is - in global rules - to have only a limited factory in West USA. I don´t know how this reflects history, but I am sure that the solution to many of these problems is in an alternate setup.

• @thomashawk:

One option is - in global rules - to have only a limited factory in West USA. I don´t know how this reflects history, but I am sure that the solution to many of these problems is in an alternate setup.

What kind of limits are we talking about above and beyond the 10 pieces.

• @WILD:

In the Euro game I guess Germany may have the option to attack the US (or at least its convoys) to bring them in before the auto war kicks in at the end of the 3rd round.

AAE40 Auto war. Now that’s something I will complain about….

Anyway, now at least with the US income not being split it provides a solid motivation for the Germans to DOW on the US.

• @allboxcars:

@WILD:

In the Euro game I guess Germany may have the option to attack the US (or at least its convoys) to bring them in before the auto war kicks in at the end of the 3rd round.

AAE40 Auto war. Now that’s something I will complain about….

Anyway, now at least with the US income not being split it provides a solid motivation for the Germans to DOW on the US.

What is DOW?

• TripleA '12

I believe it stands for Declaration Of War.

• @i:

yes it does.

Odd I thought I already confirmed that…
    Anyway, thanks both of you for answering on my behalf.

• @i:

well i dont think the us will have a problem with cash in globle what with120ipcs they could by a fleet of
    10 TP(6 ipcs each)for 60ipcs
    3CR(12 ipcs each)for 36ipcs
         and1BB(24ipcs)for 24ipcs
                                  120ipcs!!!
    next turn you buy
    10 tanks for 60ipcs
       +10inf for 30ipcs
                     90ipcs!!!

Battleship is only 20 ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users