Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @Imperious:

I think they should add marines, because AAP40 didn’t include any like AAP

American should be enough.

Or let me put it this way : They should include one elite unit for each nation, with a slightly different color. This elite units act as both marines, paratroopers, mountain units and ski-troops.

USA get Marines of course.
    UK get Commandoes.
    Germany get Fallschirmjaegers (paratroopers)
    Japan get Imperial Marines.

Russsia got Ski-troops.

• Just getting back into A7A, and found this thread…  PURE fantastic!!! I would definitely order 1, maybe 2 sets.

• '22

Well well,Razor, what a laugh  :-D , the Russians have Skitroops you say, the Finnish infantry had skitroops, not the Russians.

• FMG, Any guesstimate on when the “battle box” thing you mentioned earlier might be ready?  (Yes, guys, I know Plano gear can get the job done, but since between all the WotC, TT, Xeno & Eagle Games pieces I’m already storing in Plano containers, I’ve already got a mountain of them and have used at least one of everything they make, I think… it would be “totality of awesomeness” to have a container package for all of this “awesomeness” that stands out from the pack as much as it looks as thought the product itself will…)

• '10

@DrLarsen:

FMG, Any guesstimate on when the “battle box” thing you mentioned earlier might be ready?  (Yes, guys, I know Plano gear can get the job done, but since between all the WotC, TT, Xeno & Eagle Games pieces I’m already storing in Plano containers, I’ve already got a mountain of them and have used at least one of everything they make, I think… it would be “totality of awesomeness” to have a container package for all of this “awesomeness” that stands out from the pack as much as it looks as thought the product itself will…)

We will start work on that once we have the pieces finished.  We need to know how big and how many compartments it will need for each nation.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Brain:

Wow I thought we would just get Italy and then it would be a long wait for the rest. I had no idea the rest would be coming out in monthly intervals.Thank you FMG,

(Rank = 74)

No kidding Brain! This is better that the Franklin Mint Civil War chess set!

• You like nice chess sets.

I have the Swarovski Chess set and it is beautiful.

• Stay on topic. no more pictures…

• Well I for one would like to see pictures of the FMG pieces when they become available.

• I just joined because of this thread and had to see the pics, good job FMG!!! whenever they comes it’ll be worth the wait!

• In regards to the Technology pieces, I think FMG should wait for the global 1940 game to come out so we know what the techs are.  After France and ANZAC, do India, so we can have a seperate India player.  Then Spain and Turkey…maybe Finland, but that’s pushing it.  :wink:

• I dont think India, spain, turkey, and finland had enough unquie equipment to do a whole set. Finnish weaponry is all from the germans and in the global game India is going to be part of the UK player not their own nation. Maybe FMG could just produce a set of a dozen or so with different nationalties of unquie infantry peices for all the neutrals on the board.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Maybe FMG could just produce a set of a dozen or so with different nationalties of unquie infantry peices for all the neutrals on the board.

Great idea. Neutral infantry in light grey, like the old factories and AA-guns

• '10

@Razor:

@Emperor_Taiki:

Maybe FMG could just produce a set of a dozen or so with different nationalties of unquie infantry peices for all the neutrals on the board.

Great idea. Neutral infantry in light grey, like the old factories and AA-guns

We fully intend to do a “Neutral” generic set last.  It will be made of other sculpts and be a unique colour.  It will be cheap, quick and easy but will get the job done and be the finishing touch to the whole set.

• I am a 40-year old traumatized veteran who sleep with a gun under my pillow, so take this for what its worth, butt I love you  FMG, lots of karma’s from me. Guess what, I’ll double-applaud you 3 times each day, man.

• @Razor:

I am a 40-year old traumatized veteran who sleep with a gun under my pillow, so take this for what its worth, butt I love you  FMG, lots of karma’s from me. Guess what, I’ll double-applaud you 3 times each day, man.

Maybe one day that gun will accidentally discharge blowing that gray matter all over the place. What a mess that would be. Do be careful with that gun, because if something terrible were to happen, you would be sorely missed around here. Merry Christmas.

• Merry Christmas FMG. Thank you for making me look forward to next year.

• Customizer

We fully intend to do a “Neutral” generic set last.  It will be made of other sculpts and be a unique colour.  It will be cheap, quick and easy but will get the job done and be the finishing touch to the whole set.

How about pieces that don’t fit into any nationality?

I’d really like armoured trains and rail guns (moveable only by rail), since for me rail movement is the most important of the generic flaws in A&A to change.

• Hi Guys,

This is my first post and will pre order 3 sets.As a miniature gamer first,I can tell you if you needed extra metal minis(1/300 scale),GHQ would want $8 just for a 5 pack of WW2 tanks.
    They are very nice minis,but I’ll take the plastic anyday.Actually,I’m sure I’ll need more than 3!

• Welcome and Merry Xmas, and buy lots of FMG.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m