kilroynothere X vs Mainah P2V Game1

• 2023 '20

@kilroynothere
    Damn!
    I have,myself, thought of holding on to the money I1. Curious to see why you did, when the time comes.

• @mainah ive never actually done it, but I’ve never had a strong Italian navy either! The UK move into southern France really forced the Italians into a posture didn’t really want to be in and lost some fleet because of it. The French took a lot of the Italian army too. It sure if this is your feeling g, but in my experience, for whatever reason, the Italians simply roll badly. Computer or face to face. Lovers not fighters?!?!?

• 2023 '20

@kilroynothere said in kilroynothere X vs Mainah P2V Game1:

@mainah ive never actually done it, but I’ve never had a strong Italian navy either! The UK move into southern France really forced the Italians into a posture didn’t really want to be in and lost some fleet because of it. The French took a lot of the Italian army too. It sure if this is your feeling g, but in my experience, for whatever reason, the Italians simply roll badly. Computer or face to face. Lovers not fighters?!?!?

It’s a feeling. I have an OOB game going right now, Round 7, and the Italian African army is still intact even after 3 battles.

I like the anti vichy move. Can’t always do it and have it turn worthwhile - but it can be very disruptive if the board allows it. Forces the axis to go off script, which is worth at least 10ipcs at a wack if done well during the first few rounds of the game. I am learning to do this type of move more. Now I just need to learn when and when not to.

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: ANZAC round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 marine; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Anglo-Egyptian Sudan

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
                ANZAC attack with 2 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Italians win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 64 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 64 Sea Zone to 65 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New Zealand to 65 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 65 Sea Zone to 56 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 56 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
                  ANZAC take Dutch New Guinea from Dutch
            2 fighters moved from New Zealand to Queensland
            2 aaGuns and 1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 cruiser moved from 65 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 64 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 marine placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians regular : 1.00
    ANZAC regular : -0.83

Savegame

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 marine; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Anglo-Egyptian Sudan

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
                ANZAC attack with 2 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Italians win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 64 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 64 Sea Zone to 65 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New Zealand to 65 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 65 Sea Zone to 56 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 56 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
                  ANZAC take Dutch New Guinea from Dutch
            2 fighters moved from New Zealand to Queensland
            2 aaGuns and 1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 cruiser moved from 65 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 64 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 marine placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from French West Africa to French Central Africa
            1 infantry moved from Syria to Trans-Jordan
            1 destroyer moved from 74 Sea Zone to 82 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians regular : 1.00
    ANZAC regular : -0.83

Savegame

• 2023 '20

@kilroynothere
    Just checking in. Hope your busy doing fun things.

• @mainah Man… sorry for the delayed response. Went on a trip to Cabo for a 50th birthday bash. Just my wife and I, 13 friends, and about a 10,000 spring breakers! Not exactly my age group, but it was definitely entertaining! Now catching up on work. Very sorry for the delay. I definitely will get a move in by this weekend. Hope all is well.

• 2023 '20

@kilroynothere
    That’s awseome! Sounds like a great time, with some excellent people watching thrown in (the older I get, the more enjoyable watching young people is).

Don’t feel rushed. Planting season is around the corner, the long breaks will be coming from me shortly.

• @mainah appreciate that greatly. Keep thinking I’ll have some time to work on the most brilliant G2 move of all time… and then I have to do something and then promptly fall asleep! Getting old… And yes, I never really understood why my grandparents were so amused about me running around, playing sports, or doing whatever. And then here I am doing exactly the same thing for my kids, and watching all young people be so care free about life. Glad I enjoyed my youth as much as I did!

• @mainah Well, still have not made a move, but did spend 20 minutes looking at the board this weekend! Then promptly got pulled away. I could tell though that Germany’s first move was not stellar! Thanks for bearing with me.

• @mainah Well, hell has truly frozen over because I finally had time to figure things out! And… the lamest G2 ever! Just didn’t make any sense to attack Russia this round. You had it set up and as you mentioned, this looks like a very long game and its more about attrition it seems. The map itself is dramatically different and allows for very different scenarios. I’m enjoying it so far.

Again, thanks for the patience. Much appreciated. triplea_40637_2ger.tsvg

• @mainah Also, just noticed the us DD is off Hainan in sz37. I don’t think that is allowed. If you want to check and if so, you can move it somewhere during the Russia turn.

• @mainah Actually had a few minutes to review Japan 2 potential moves. I have to say, this map , rules, purchasing, is sooooo different! Nothing that is a “standard” move seems to apply anymore. Really interesting to be almost working from scratch on new gambits. Much fun.

• 2023 '20

@mainah Also, just noticed the us DD is off Hainan in sz37. I don’t think that is allowed. If you want to check and if so, you can move it somewhere during the Russia turn.

You are correct. I will edit it.

• 2023 '20

@mainah Actually had a few minutes to review Japan 2 potential moves. I have to say, this map , rules, purchasing, is sooooo different! Nothing that is a “standard” move seems to apply anymore. Really interesting to be almost working from scratch on new gambits. Much fun.

Its a new game - same basic mechanics, but it is a new game. I have only played a few times. Its pretty awesome. Very much the long game.

• @mainah hope your spring work is going well. Wanted to let you know I’m heading on a 2 week trip and won’t have the ability to respond. Hope to dive back in upon my return.

Talk to you soon.

• @mainah hope all is well in your world. Back in town and hoping you are still interested in continuing our game. Talk to you soon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m