Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For the super turn, I see our priorities as

a) Defend Egypt
    Should be able to hold if move tank and mech to Egypt, buy 1 ftr + 2 inf. Germany could airblitz the remaining units after full Italian strike, but we would rebuild faster…pretty sure.

b) Defend India–have to leave Burma
    The fighters in FIC + amphib units will make short work of Burmese units so have to pull back. Only good news is that India will be fortified for the near term.

c) sink transports and navy units for Japan
    Very little can be done this round, but trading subs for DDs is a long term winner.
    We can safely reinforce SZ54 so sending 2 subs to kill blocker DDs + ftrs should be good.
    Should leave at least one spot open for ANZAC ftr to land on a US CV so that we can get the movement bonus in future.

d) Trap German fleet up north.
    Moving UK fleet to SZ109. The downside is that we can’t take Morocco with the US this round. (Italy will take Algeria and 2 sb + 2 ss will sink the US fleet)
    Not a killer as the US isn’t ready to invade anywhere yet.
    Put the US fleet in SZ103–free spot from attacks and able to hit Normandy and Morocco next round.
    Probably should activate Brazil, but would like 1 trans to be in SZ103 to threaten Normandy with UK in 109 to support landing.

e) take territory in Africa
    Would like to goto SZ76 with fleet and transport, but airbase buy for Italians in Alexandria and suddenly the fleet is sunk from Luftwaffe strafe.
    So fleet to SZ72. Land Madagascar and Kenya.
    Mech + art + air takes Ethiopia.
    In position to reinforce Egypt next round.

US Buys
    2CV (1 Pac & 1 Atl)
    2 trans (Pac + Atl)
    1 SS Pac

Move 2 inf to WUS to board transport next round
    Why is tank in WUS, it’s much more useful in Africa. If worried about J invading Alaska, keep 2 mech
    I like sending the 1 art to Brazil
    Shuffle units to SZ54 and San Fran --> Hawaii

China buys inf…duh
    attack Szechwan 2+ ftr , and probably Shensi 2inf vs 1 inf. Killing land units is a pain for Japan

UK repairs Egypt
    buys 2 inf + ftr in Egypt
    Has 14 IPC left…
    suggest 1 ss in SZ109 to build fleet
    2 mechs for S. Africa

• '22

@trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

@Avner suggested to start a new tutor game. I can take on the shoes of the expert, even though I know there are better candidates.

My suggestion is that I play Axis and that Allies get a bid of 20. What I know that’s the main bid-level atm.

Bombers cost 14. Inf on NG is allowed.

Yes, these are the concepts I was thinking about too.

:)

As soon as I can I try the USA shift

• '22

us3c.tsvg

it should be so

ncm: i will send an art to brazil and the fleet sz103

reinforcement sz54

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner Obviously, I agree…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I don’t know what to do about Japanese sub in SZ74.
    Quite a pain that it got through.
    Probably should buy DD for S.Africa to chase it off, but that will prevent buying mechs. I don’t have any other ideas.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Although since we are repositioning the fleet to SZ72, that will chase the sub and can go back to the other buy.

• '22

ch3.tsvg

turn USA china

now I prepare the UK one

• '22

uk03c.tsvg

Cmove UK

for the NCMs I agree with the fleets in 109 and 72

we should resist in egypt

italy could activate syria and threaten iraq but if we want we can return with the fleet to the gulf if egypt is safe (however) …

it could mean choosing between cairo and baghdad …

I have an extra mech in Calcutta to help in persia if needed

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Re:Syria. Leave Iraq inf. We will have 3 land units to attack + air to remove threat.
    He could land in TJ to block the land units, but then we sink transports. Egypt will grow, and without transports Italy can’t press. They could buy 2 replacements…but that is exactly the math I want Italy to do. Big expense to invade.

I suppose he could buy an airbase for Alexandria? That would protect the transports and allow him to put more units into the ME. 30 IPCs on two airbases for the ME? Seems like somewhere else has to give, but would need to focus on saving Egypt then.

Could put mIC in Persia to increase build up, but not sure that is necessary. Can produce many units in S. Africa, and soon the Western front is going to be in play so we wont be able to maximize the Persian Factory. The caveat would be if an airbase is built in Alexandria. Then speed of build up is very important and the mIC becomes a player. I would think at that point the Middle East becomes the theater, and we would have positional advantage since we can get 9 units around + ftrs and ships into the theater. Would need Russia to hold out for 3+ turns…

Italy could takeout Malta to get NO. But that would lose the fleet and trap guys in Malta. I like that outcome. Sure get a bonus for a few rounds, but once the US comes that will end quickly.

• '22

uk03.tsvg

finalized

• It’s a big turn to comment. Feels like you’ve already said it all. :)

Securing Egypt and India is essential.

Perhaps a critique could be that the Allies lack precence in the Med? Atleast at the moment. This gives Italy some opportunities with free rheins.

• Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

Game History

Round: 3

Purchase Units - Italians

Italians buy 1 airfield and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians

2 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone

2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 92 Sea Zone to Gibraltar

Combat - Italians

Battle in Gibraltar

Non Combat Move - Italians

1 infantry moved from Cyprus to 99 Sea Zone

1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 99 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone

1 infantry moved from 97 Sea Zone to Southern Italy

1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland

1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Northern Italy to Romania

1 bomber moved from Greece to Southern Italy

2 infantry moved from Tunisia to Algeria

Italians take Algeria from Neutral_Axis

1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 99 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone

1 submarine moved from 95 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone

2 fighters moved from Alexandria to Southern Italy

1 armour, 2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Alexandria to Tobruk

1 armour moved from Baltic States to Eastern Poland

Place Units - Italians

1 airfield placed in Alexandria

1 transport placed in 97 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Italians

Italians collect 15 PUs; end with 17 PUs

Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 22 PUs

Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 27 PUs

• I first wanted to buy an ac instead of ab, but if the plan of fighting for Gibraltar should have any chance to be viable I simply had to. Like with the ab in Greece. I usually don’t buy a lot of ab’s and nb’s, so this is a bit unorthodox for me. However, when Gibraltar is unprotected and Italy can go for it, I believe it’s worth it.

Primarily I want to get those three other german air in to be able to deter US from doing an amphi.

Purchased another tr for the cause. Either being able to strike harder next turn or boost tougher.

• I will do a slight change in the setup. Putting the fleet in z95 instead and bringing along and art to Rome.

• Sorry, the two italian figs should of course land in Greece, to be able to pressure Smolensk.

Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I must be missing something. You bought an airbase for Alexandria and then removed most land units?! I guess we can say thank you.

• Yes, it sucks, but it’s a bit of a desperado in the struggle to defend Gibraltar. Without the ab only 3 german fig may land in Gibraltar. With the ab it’s another fig and 2 tac.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ok. Moving on to Pacific.

ANZACs

1. Kill trans in SZ 44 with DD
      option) Try to take Celebes with 1 inf + 1 art vs 1 inf.
      Japan easily takes it back but now has to defend Java and Celebes if he doesn’t want to give up another island and transports

If we don’t try for Celebes, don’t need another transport to buy. Could buy 2 DD or 1 CV.

French…

• '22

fra03.tsvg

I preferred 2 DD

I would leave the French DD there to be able to go both to Calcutta to prevent a possible naval bombardment and to Cairo

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m