Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• Didn’t want to, but realized I had to buy an ab in Greece to support the italian fleet. The rest goes to mechs, which could be said to be Germany’s most valuable unit.

Grabbing Leningrad immediately is good and I think it’s worth to use the tr in order to secure the battle, even though it risks the miniscule german fleet.

Stacking up troops mainly in E Poland, only securing the Baltic. I believe I’ve come to understand that the route via Belarus is far more poisonous than via Ukraine, since with italian can-openers Germany immediately puts serious pressure on Moscow.

Right now it only means 1 tank, 2 fig, 1 sb after Germany clamps down on Belarus, but that means Russia would still need to put a lot more than 1 inf in Smolensk in order to not risk its capital.

Did the sneaky maneuvre from the italian tr and grabbed Crete.

Not certain that using a mech to conquer W Ukraine is a good move, but it’s 2 IPC of income and Russia would need to use units to counter-attack. It’s probably worth it, especially since Leningrad is open to attack. This means Russia will perhaps dilute it’s air-force, making one of the attacks, or even both, riskier.

• '22

as soon as I have time I see him again;)

• '22

rus03c.tsvg

this is my solution (if any other friends come back to follow the game for advice).

a minimum counterattack that in case of victory exchanges well between infantry and mech before retiring

• I’ll abstain from giving advice before the move is finalized, but just make sure you execute the turn in PBF-mode and not local.

• Sorry for the break, but have had (and still have) some serious health problems. Don’t want to get into details here on the forum since it’s a bit too personal. Anyway, I’m kind of back now and will try to do my best in progressing this effort.

Tag previous commentators:

@crockett36
    @aequitas-et-veritas
    @malmessi74
    @FlyingBadger
    @surfer
    @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@trulpen Glad your feeling better. Get well.

I like the attacks. Ideally, we win Novgorod and follow with UK fleet back to SZ109 to prevent the German fleet from escaping the Norway trap…once that fleet is dead, defending Norway is much more difficult for G.

If that is the plan, then move the Russian sub to SZ109 also during NCM.

• '22

• The russian attacks were good and the outcomes even better. It’s wise to keep up building inf for defence. A bit tricky to decide when it’s time for art. Mostly depends on Germany’s advance. Italy is coming in with serious can-opening capability, although slightly behind. The aim now is to make Russia turtle for a while in Moscow before taking it down. We’ll see how it goes.

• Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

Game History

Round: 3

Purchase Units - Japanese

Japanese buy 1 destroyer, 1 factory_minor, 3 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Politics - Japanese

Japanese takes Political Action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Japanese and Americans from Neutrality to War

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Chinese and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for British and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for UK_Pacific and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for ANZAC and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Americans and French from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Americans and Dutch from Neutrality to Friendly

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Americans and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With Americans: Changing Relationship for Americans and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral

Japanese takes Political Action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Japanese and British from Neutrality to War

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Japanese and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to War

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Japanese and ANZAC from Neutrality to War

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Japanese and Dutch from Neutrality to War

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Chinese and British from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Chinese and UK_Pacific from Concordant to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Chinese and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied

Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With British And ANZAC: Changing Relationship for Chinese and Dutch from Neutrality to Friendly

Combat Move - Japanese

Trigger Japanese Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared for rulesAttachment attached to Japanese

2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra

1 battleship moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone

1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Kwangtung

1 mech_infantry moved from Hunan to Kwangtung

1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Shan State

1 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone

2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java

1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone

1 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes

1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone

1 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo

1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Kansu

Japanese take Kansu from Chinese

1 infantry moved from Hopei to Shensi

Japanese take Shensi from Chinese

1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Szechwan

Japanese take Szechwan from Chinese

1 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone

2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya

1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone

1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines

1 marine moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone

1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone

1 marine moved from 21 Sea Zone to Guam

2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to Philippines

2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone

1 tactical_bomber moved from Anhwe to Yunnan

1 bomber moved from Kwangsi to Philippines

1 fighter moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to Shan State

3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to Kwangtung

1 bomber moved from Kwangsi to Philippines

Combat - Japanese

Battle in Java

Battle in Borneo

Battle in Celebes

Battle in Sumatra

Battle in Guam

Battle in 37 Sea Zone

Japanese attack with 1 battleship, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport

British defend with 1 destroyer

Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 3,00 expected hits

British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 37 Sea Zone

Japanese win, taking Java from ANZAC, taking Borneo from UK_Pacific, taking Celebes from Dutch, taking Sumatra from Dutch, taking Guam from Americans, taking 37 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 battleship, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8

Casualties for British: 1 destroyer

Battle in Kwangtung

Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber

British defend with 2 infantry; UK_Pacific defend with 1 harbour

Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kwangtung, round 2 : 4/7 hits, 3,00 expected hits

UK_Pacific roll dice for 2 infantry in Kwangtung, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits

2 infantry owned by the British lost in Kwangtung

Japanese win, taking Kwangtung from UK_Pacific with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6

Casualties for British: 2 infantry

Battle in Philippines

Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber

Americans defend with 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 2 infantry

Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Philippines, round 2 : 5/6 hits, 3,17 expected hits

Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Philippines, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Philippines

Japanese win, taking Philippines from Americans with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry

Battle in Yunnan

Japanese attack with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber

Chinese defend with 1 infantry

Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits

Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan

Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry

Battle in Shan State

Japanese attack with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber

ANZAC defend with 1 infantry

Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Shan State, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,33 expected hits

UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Shan State, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Shan State

Japanese win with 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0

Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry

Battle in Malaya

Non Combat Move - Japanese

1 infantry moved from Chahar to Suiyuyan

1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar

1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hopei

1 armour moved from Jehol to Manchuria

1 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria

2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Anhwe to Japan

1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan

4 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Hunan

1 aaGun moved from Anhwe to Hunan

1 carrier moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

1 destroyer moved from 33 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone

2 bombers moved from Philippines to French Indo China

1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone

1 destroyer moved from 33 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone

1 submarine moved from 41 Sea Zone to 74 Sea Zone

1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone

1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone

1 carrier moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone

1 cruiser moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone

2 fighters moved from 37 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone

1 fighter moved from Shan State to 41 Sea Zone

2 fighters moved from Kwangtung to 37 Sea Zone

1 fighter moved from Yunnan to 41 Sea Zone

2 tactical_bombers moved from 37 Sea Zone to French Indo China

1 tactical_bomber moved from 36 Sea Zone to French Indo China

1 fighter moved from 36 Sea Zone to French Indo China

1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to French Indo China

1 tactical_bomber moved from Shan State to French Indo China

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangtung to French Indo China

3 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe

Place Units - Japanese

1 factory_minor placed in French Indo China

3 infantry placed in Shantung

1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese

Japanese collect 61 PUs; end with 61 PUs

Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 64 PUs

Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 69 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : -0,33

Americans regular : 0,33

Japanese regular : 4,00

UK_Pacific regular : 0,00

British regular : -0,33

• Executing the J3DOW with explosive expansion.

Most important is grabbing all the islands, Kwangtung, Guam and Philly. Expanding into China and taking Yunnan are also primary goals.

Will keep some units up north to take care of an eventual landing in Korea and at the same time threatening a DOW on Russia.

Wasn’t fully comfortable with building the mIC in FIC, but reasoned that I prepared for it when grabbing it as a pro-Axis territory and also that I’ll likely be able to secure it with the help of an extensive air-force if UK dares to enter Shan with a lot of force. At the same time India is under pressure, so UK-Pac has to tread carefully.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For the super turn, I see our priorities as

a) Defend Egypt
    Should be able to hold if move tank and mech to Egypt, buy 1 ftr + 2 inf. Germany could airblitz the remaining units after full Italian strike, but we would rebuild faster…pretty sure.

b) Defend India–have to leave Burma
    The fighters in FIC + amphib units will make short work of Burmese units so have to pull back. Only good news is that India will be fortified for the near term.

c) sink transports and navy units for Japan
    Very little can be done this round, but trading subs for DDs is a long term winner.
    We can safely reinforce SZ54 so sending 2 subs to kill blocker DDs + ftrs should be good.
    Should leave at least one spot open for ANZAC ftr to land on a US CV so that we can get the movement bonus in future.

d) Trap German fleet up north.
    Moving UK fleet to SZ109. The downside is that we can’t take Morocco with the US this round. (Italy will take Algeria and 2 sb + 2 ss will sink the US fleet)
    Not a killer as the US isn’t ready to invade anywhere yet.
    Put the US fleet in SZ103–free spot from attacks and able to hit Normandy and Morocco next round.
    Probably should activate Brazil, but would like 1 trans to be in SZ103 to threaten Normandy with UK in 109 to support landing.

e) take territory in Africa
    Would like to goto SZ76 with fleet and transport, but airbase buy for Italians in Alexandria and suddenly the fleet is sunk from Luftwaffe strafe.
    So fleet to SZ72. Land Madagascar and Kenya.
    Mech + art + air takes Ethiopia.
    In position to reinforce Egypt next round.

US Buys
    2CV (1 Pac & 1 Atl)
    2 trans (Pac + Atl)
    1 SS Pac

Move 2 inf to WUS to board transport next round
    Why is tank in WUS, it’s much more useful in Africa. If worried about J invading Alaska, keep 2 mech
    I like sending the 1 art to Brazil
    Shuffle units to SZ54 and San Fran --> Hawaii

China buys inf…duh
    attack Szechwan 2+ ftr , and probably Shensi 2inf vs 1 inf. Killing land units is a pain for Japan

UK repairs Egypt
    buys 2 inf + ftr in Egypt
    Has 14 IPC left…
    suggest 1 ss in SZ109 to build fleet
    2 mechs for S. Africa

• '22

@trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

@Avner suggested to start a new tutor game. I can take on the shoes of the expert, even though I know there are better candidates.

My suggestion is that I play Axis and that Allies get a bid of 20. What I know that’s the main bid-level atm.

Bombers cost 14. Inf on NG is allowed.

Yes, these are the concepts I was thinking about too.

:)

As soon as I can I try the USA shift

• '22

us3c.tsvg

it should be so

ncm: i will send an art to brazil and the fleet sz103

reinforcement sz54

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner Obviously, I agree…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I don’t know what to do about Japanese sub in SZ74.
    Quite a pain that it got through.
    Probably should buy DD for S.Africa to chase it off, but that will prevent buying mechs. I don’t have any other ideas.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Although since we are repositioning the fleet to SZ72, that will chase the sub and can go back to the other buy.

• '22

ch3.tsvg

turn USA china

now I prepare the UK one

• '22

uk03c.tsvg

Cmove UK

for the NCMs I agree with the fleets in 109 and 72

we should resist in egypt

italy could activate syria and threaten iraq but if we want we can return with the fleet to the gulf if egypt is safe (however) …

it could mean choosing between cairo and baghdad …

I have an extra mech in Calcutta to help in persia if needed

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Re:Syria. Leave Iraq inf. We will have 3 land units to attack + air to remove threat.
    He could land in TJ to block the land units, but then we sink transports. Egypt will grow, and without transports Italy can’t press. They could buy 2 replacements…but that is exactly the math I want Italy to do. Big expense to invade.

I suppose he could buy an airbase for Alexandria? That would protect the transports and allow him to put more units into the ME. 30 IPCs on two airbases for the ME? Seems like somewhere else has to give, but would need to focus on saving Egypt then.

Could put mIC in Persia to increase build up, but not sure that is necessary. Can produce many units in S. Africa, and soon the Western front is going to be in play so we wont be able to maximize the Persian Factory. The caveat would be if an airbase is built in Alexandria. Then speed of build up is very important and the mIC becomes a player. I would think at that point the Middle East becomes the theater, and we would have positional advantage since we can get 9 units around + ftrs and ships into the theater. Would need Russia to hold out for 3+ turns…

Italy could takeout Malta to get NO. But that would lose the fleet and trap guys in Malta. I like that outcome. Sure get a bonus for a few rounds, but once the US comes that will end quickly.

• '22

uk03.tsvg

finalized

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m