Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• @Saber25 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

My usual UK1 is Taranto, Ethiopia, take Persia, fall back to cairo from Alexandria, drop the facility in Cairo if there is less Sea-lion threat depending on my bid.

Sounds like a pretty good UK1 opening to me. Stick around for Tutor Game #2 when I am the Allies and you will see something very close to that. :)

• Ok, G2 done. Lets get to it folks!

• No DOW means Russia will be able to build 13 inf instead of 12 next turn. That’s why I’m going for a 12 inf-purchase for R2.

• No italian opening of the eastern border territories, which I think is a mistake. Now Russia doesn’t have to consider blocking to prevent I2DOW and allow G to make intrusion without DOWing until G4.

• No german fleet left, and it will be expensive to build it up when the time comes.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Russians round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 12 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Caucasus
            1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            8 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
            6 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Yenisey
            2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Buryatia to Yakut S.S.R.
            1 armour moved from Bryansk to Belarus
            2 aaGuns moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• This is my suggestion, but this can very much be discussed.

This is rather positive for Russia. With no italian can-opening and no luftwaffe around things are pretty stable in Leningrad, so the air can very well stay there.

We will likely not be able to prevent an intrusion of E Poland, but if G goes for Bessarabia I think landing the pansar-divisions in E Poland is slightly shaky. This makes me consider buying a bit of mech, perhaps 1-3 for Ukraine, or even tanks. The more slow units diverted from the Bessarabian stack, the better.

Since we can’t prevent a stack in Bessarabia, perhaps the troops from Bryansk should actually go north in order to pressure the Baltic?

I’m heading home with the siberian guys. An option is to leave 12 inf, 2 aa behind, for the sake of an american landing in Korea and discourage Japan from grabbing the eastern territories. At this moment though I think that the troops will be badly needed in Moscow. Germany is a bit on the slow side, so I believe they will make it to home-base.

Forgot to move the sub. Think it should either stay and convoy disrupt or go to z110.

Now to an interesting aspect. I move up the 2 inf, but replace them with 1 mech. The idea is to conquer Iraq next turn. Such a beautiful strafe by UK! Has to be taken advantage of. :)

• On a note, the german trannie is a dead trannie.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

On a note, the german trannie is a dead trannie.

Actually not fully certain since G may defend with it’s little sub. It’s a good battle though for the mighty russian navy!

• One alternative for the russian air is to land in Moscow in order to be able to help out in Yunnan, but I prefer to keep them at hand for the russians. We need that fighting power badly. Without air we lose on all skirmishes for sure.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I would move every possible Russian unit south. Build Ukraine 1 turn and retreat to Bryansk. Need to block the southern group from marching into Caucasus for cheap. A contingent of German fast movers+2 italian tanks could take down the Middle East before Persia gets going. The goal is to make it impossible for G to split his forces N&S. Just has a single unit moving along the N side. They will still march to Moscow, but the Middle East will have time to build up.

• The main question is what to do with the 12 Russian units in Buryatia. I assume that Japan will invade Siberia on J2 if you retreat to Yakut. He might do that anyway because 10 inf + AA is enough to hold off any unaided Russian resistance.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

The main question is what to do with the 12 Russian units in Buryatia. I assume that Japan will invade Siberia on J2 if you retreat to Yakut. He might do that anyway because 10 inf + AA is enough to hold off any unaided Russian resistance.

That’s a tricky one. Historically I’ve been keen on keeping them in Amur, but now I’m leaning towards that they are needed badly in the home theatre.

• @surfer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I would move every possible Russian unit south. Build Ukraine 1 turn and retreat to Bryansk. Need to block the southern group from marching into Caucasus for cheap. A contingent of German fast movers+2 italian tanks could take down the Middle East before Persia gets going. The goal is to make it impossible for G to split his forces N&S. Just has a single unit moving along the N side. They will still march to Moscow, but the Middle East will have time to build up.

I agree that the key squares here are Bryansk and Rostov.

• Sorry, should’ve continued. The germans are not in Ukraine or even Bessarabia yet. There’s still time to pull back to Bryansk from Belarus when the time is ripe.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

The point of focusing hard in the south is perhaps academic since we are just going to give ground anyway. But the German forces are strategically split to go after 2 objectives simultaneously. They have a good chance of getting both. We most definitely cannot stop him from either.

But since his forces are split, we can force him to stay consolidated in the south by consolidating our position. The reason I care about this is that typical Allied defense of Moscow involves air from Middle East factories. I think we are setting up that exact plan. I don’t want the Germans to be confident enough that they can send a contingent of 10 mobile units wandering south and picking up beaucoup NOs + destroy Persia.

• Definitely. But would you say we’re hard pressed to consolidate in Bryansk already now and not in the next turn?

• @trulpen No need to fall back to Bryansk this round. It will be perfectly safe to consolidate forces there on R3. That part is scripted.

With only 3 Russian artillery, he can easily move his Poland slow-movers to Eastern Poland this turn. The slow movers from Romania can go to Bessarabia or Eastern Poland, depending on his preference on the Northern or Southern route around the Marshes. Nothing that you can do to slow him down on G3 or G4.

I assume that he will bring back his German planes on G4, having them in position to support his G5 move to Bryansk if he chose the Northern route, or support a break away tank/mech push into the Middle East. Not much that Russia can do until that critical moment.

• I like the all infantry buys for Russia. That is what has personally worked for me in my last few games. I don’t really have any understanding of can-openers or Italy’s role in Russia though. Are you planning to pull the eastern troops back or threaten the Japanese north in a few turns?

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

With only 3 Russian artillery, he can easily move his Poland slow-movers to Eastern Poland this turn. The slow movers from Romania can go to Bessarabia or Eastern Poland, depending on his preference on the Northern or Southern route around the Marshes. Nothing that you can do to slow him down on G3 or G4.

E Poland is a great square. I’m happy if he gets the mIC in Ukraine as late as possible. We can’t stop the conquest of Leningrad. If R builds only inf this turn, then G can enter in E Poland with a slight advantage on defence. Just building 3 mech by the front gives R a positive TUV-swing. Not sure how valid the threat is though. Russia is very happy with the abscence of luftwaffe anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m