• Japan needed there advantage :-(

• Lynxes

If you have reason about the Japan/USA IPCs and navy balance, I’ll be glad, because it would mean indeed Pacific fighting. USA would still have logistics issue (not being able to build ICs at Borneo/East Indies as in Revised, and China smashed in Japan 1), but at least we would have a chance of people playing Pacific fleet.

And about the photos, sure, GENCON games surely were played by actual rules and setups, but it doesn’t mean the BGG photos are taken from setup. They could be taken in turn 2 or 3 or even simply someone said: “Larry, put some random forces at your pleasure, we need a photo”. The 2 USA’s bomber stuff is too odd for being true. In 1941 USA was not yet at war.

We will be talking for nothing until we have the game in our hands, I fear.

• Again, on the set-up issue, take a look at this thread on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/342710

You see that Krieghund is admitting that the Chinese fighter is placed in a vulnerable position, and then the discussion goes on to what the draw-backs would for Japan to go all-in vs. China on turn 1 (UK being able to build an India IC and starting production, etc). I have no idea how the game plays in the long-run, in that you’re right Funcioneta, we have to wait for playing the game. My ideas on the Japanese / US balance is from the set-up and possible effects of NOs. But we do have the '41 scenario set-up.

• The thing I don’t understand is why Krieg says here that he cannot talk about setup and in BGG confirms the fig at Yunnan.

I’ll play a couple of games, at least one with axis and other with allies, but this setup, I fear, will be changed, modded or bidded for China.

Or simply I can bid zero to axis and go party with Godzilla Japan  :-D

• Godzilla japan will be no more if… usa takes more action anyways what is nos im learning new terms and stuff and would really like to know anyways usa comes in the pacific finally

• I’ll try make sure the same person don’t let me play Godzilla Japan 2 times. I, playing axis, prefer facing a good allied Pacific strat than a gamey KGF. I’m pretty sure KGF is utterly ended in Anniversary, and if not, I will be happy of playing 60 IPCs Godzilla Japan and conquering America with my powered Pikachu … eer… Japan  :mrgreen:

• i will not mind either if america ignores me as japan i will just say meh attack asia and russia say germany 1 fornt now and then germany and japan will have 1 front each not 2

• /Funcioneta

If you want an impression of how China holds up vs. a Japanese attack given this set-up, please look at this thread (maps use Abattlemap);

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12531.0

We played an AA50 game almost correctly, we missed sub rules a bit and made some mistakes in Russia with the Allies but as for the Pacific it is an OK game I think for both sides (it’s still ongoing, but we will probably be re-playing soon because of the mistake losing Caucasus early on which looks like it lost Allies the game. This can be prevented by the Soviet player). Notice that China is retreating in an orderly fashion and that a break-through on the land front is most likely to come in India. Next game we will try to protect India from the Japs, but we have no idea of how so far!

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t think IND IC is a viable strat.
    With Italy making 15-20 ipc and Germany 45-50 , Russia will need some heavy backing in order to survive, I think.

BTW - I just can’t see how IND shall survive , with 8 starting Jap ftrs , and 2 bombardment shots available already on Jap2, it looks tough for an IC to survive…

• 2007 AAR League

@Lynxes:

If you want an impression of how China holds up vs. a Japanese attack given this set-up, please look at this thread (maps use Abattlemap);

If you want an impression on how to play Allies properly in AA50 , then DON’T look at that game  :-)

• /Perry

After this game, I challenge you to a game where I play the Allies…  :wink:

• @Lynxes:

/Funcioneta

This match is pretty odd, but still …

Why let chinese fighter alive? Why let a lone chinese unit alive in round 1? Even ignoring chineses,Japan got Godzilla status pretty soon, go figure killing China round 1. Ignoring soviet front bad choices, I would say China has no chance in your game. At very least, I would kill Chinese fighter round 1, but seems China, then Asia and Pacific and then allies are doomed with this setup. I guess this is not the true setup or that we shall get heavy bids for China, this setup favors japan heavily.

Just a question … why not a saf IC?

• I thikn an ic in australia is klooking happier then india. India would makae more land forces for japan and make them have 1 big front.
    Why not add a new front so japan would have south isaldns usa and asia hmmsounds like real world war 2 to me.

The only reason why the axis lost was more and more fronts thats what gb should do austrlia ic!

• I have played Australia IC few times in Revised, but has a strange effect in Japanese players. They start doing strange things, aiming all to Australia and losing the focus on other zones. It’s a tricky strat because Australia can fall round 2 if allies don’t take care, but if success, it’s very powerful.

• @Funcioneta:

I have played Australia IC few times in Revised, but has a strange effect in Japanese players. They start doing strange things, aiming all to Australia and losing the focus on other zones. It’s a tricky strat because Australia can fall round 2 if allies don’t take care, but if success, it’s very powerful.

See the australian factory is a better spot since the japanese have areason to go pacific way( austrlai make sjapan more boat relieves russia)
    Don’t do this always surprise him!

• '10

Ok, Im going to go against the current here and put my neck out…

I think a British IC in India is a good idea!

For the following reasons:

1. The new territory of Burma gives the UK one turn to fortify the IC before it is attacked by japan, unlike the REV edition where the IC can be taken first turn.
    2. In the 1941 set up, Japan has to many objectives!  With Containing China, attacking the Americans at Pearl and the Philippines and taking the islands of the South Pacific from UK, an all out attack on India is a risk and should it fail… giving the other allies (including UK due to IPCs gained in South Pac Islands) more time to ramp up and deploy.
    3. To avoid the Axis Pincer on USSR, the allies need to keep Japan busy in Asia.  This means diverting her attention to India and thus China (supported by India).  Even if the IC eventually falls to Japan, it may have bought USSR enough time to aid in the destruction of Germany

I guess we are all just speculating as we dont have a TRUE set-up map…  But I will be giving the Indian IC a go as Britain!

• Agreed, but only if final setup gives a chance. If you can hold India past J3 as could be done in Revised, it’s very good build IC at India. I hope it will be so, and if it’s not possible, it would be a setback from Revised.

• I am hoping that there are IC in both India and Australia, but I am not holding my breath.  It would be a good way of insuring that you have fighting in the Pacific.

• At least USA will need fight the Pacific or this is a sure axis win this time. The doubt is if UK will have a chance of join Pacific or Asia fights. I hope at least Australia IC will be competitive

• 2007 AAR League

Finally the final setups are about to be released…1 country/day 10-14 Nov.
    However, the US & China setup didn’t bring any more allied units into the Pac/Asian theatre, so we’ll have to hope for the UK setup to beef up the Allies …

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m