Hello from Central Illinois

• I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as a new member.

I’m Scott and live in Central Illinois. I’m originally from Memphis.

I’m a longtime player of the game. I was introduced to the game as a kid by my father back in the 1980’s when the first classic edition was released by Milton Bradley back in 1984. I played countless games with my Dad and brother back in the 80’s. Then I continued to play in the early '90’s when I went off to the college with friends and started to interject the third party addons like the Xeno Games World at War and other expansion rules. I eventually hand illustrated my own expansion map around 1994.

My son was born in 2000. When he was about ten years old, I began playing the game with him. I went through a tough divorce in 2012 after 20 years of marriage. One of the things my son and I played together was AXIS & ALLIES that helped us through those tough short periods of visitation where he could spend the weekend with me every other weekend. The game was one of the things that helped our bond and kept continuity between us.

Things are better in life now for me as I met someone about six years ago and then remarried. Now my son is off to grad school and when he comes home, we like to play AXIS & ALLIES.

I’m currently re-building a master AXIS & ALLIES set that uses the Global War Pacific and Europe boxes as the base set. I’ve bought up some other beat up box sets to kitbash and add extra pieces. I recently discovered third party custom units found at Historical Board Gaming and from customizers on Etsy, etc. that I’m adding as components to the game using custom expansion house rules. I’ve got that big huge seven foot long Renegade produced Global Map that is coming out in November. It should hopefully arrive in time for when my son returns for Christmas Break so that we can take a few days to have one giant big battle with all the new components arriving.

I’m here to see what’s new in AXIS & ALLIES world and to read up on official and house rules as well as to discover other things I might add to the game to help enrich the gaming experience for my son and I to play. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Thanks for allowing me to join the discussions.

Best regards,
    Scott

• @ScottMcCullar
    Welcome to the forum !

• Hi @ScottMcCullar

Welcome to the site :) Since you like the G 40 game and House Rules, I think you will enjoy @The-Captain s Expansion https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/37535/the-captain-s-global-1940-house-rules-collection

He may also know places for any unique units you have created for your hose rules, as they use several.

Enjoy Gaming !

• @ScottMcCullar

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the best Axis & Allies site of all times.

For your inspiration we have attached a picture from one of our Global 1940 Expansion games.

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Captain

Early 1943.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m