L24 BM4 Fasthard (X) vs Amon-Sul (L+24) Game 4

• I ve checked the move.

All good.

Italy may go when ready.

Take ur time.

Cheers

• @Amon-Sul Hi, I had a view at the map, but unfortunately I could not found a good move for the axis. So I’m afraid that I have to give up: Congrats!

• @Amon-Sul I hope it’s ok. I don’t like to end the game early, but I feel that there are no options to win the game.

On the Europe side (even if the hail mary to Moscow would success) there is to few support to conquer the russians. Italy looks fine, but can’t threaten anything.
    The Japs are toast, no possibilies to get to the money, no land units to make progress in the main land. Anzac will go to Malaya, Russia enters the North. Eighter I pump up the factories to have units on the main land or I’ll build up a new navi, but both is not really possible…

• fasthardF fasthard referenced this topic

• Hey,

I was busy,

and still am.

But I will post the move sometimes today.

I also need parts of the day for rest.

I ll comment the last game of ours now

and post the move till the end of the day

cheers

• @fasthard said in L24 BM4 Fasthard (X) vs Amon-Sul (L+24) Game 4:

@Amon-Sul I hope it’s ok. I don’t like to end the game early, but I feel that there are no options to win the game.

On the Europe side (even if the hail mary to Moscow would success) there is to few support to conquer the russians. Italy looks fine, but can’t threaten anything.
    The Japs are toast, no possibilies to get to the money, no land units to make progress in the main land. Anzac will go to Malaya, Russia enters the North. Eighter I pump up the factories to have units on the main land or I’ll build up a new navi, but both is not really possible…

I agree with U. U could continue, but it would be uneasy to escape the fall of the axis.

I am on one side feeling little bad for winning because of the dices in sz 42, but i think i overall played a really good game with all the nations on board.

I am especially proud on Russia for keeping so much money for so long, for defending both Novgorod and Bryansk, defending Rostov, deadzoning (exchanching ownership of) Ukraine, Western Ukraine, Eastern Poland and Baltic States for so long.

I also think I surprised U (even myself :D) with buying all that inf, and not sending a single unit to Yunnan.

On the other hand it helped Japan taking India, all though i was clumsy with USA going for Carolines and making an empty threat to Japan and Korea (with no subs and enough air).

Dices aside , I am glad how I came up with the idea of the Java attack on rd 6.

I think i played a really good and balanced game and deserved this win.

I also think , that concerning our four games , a score of 2-2 is somewhere realistic too.

I had to admit i had luck in this game (not just sz 42, but some small battles earlier) but i was also unlucky sometimes (1 / 4, 1/5 hits with air brought along) but i had a plan of reducing the risk outcomes to minimum (after that Java disaster with ANZAC in the last game , and some others i forgot them ).

I made a mistake of attacking Italians too early in Eastern Africa,

Of what I am not sure is your attack on UK navy with Germany.

On one hand it helped Italy become a little godzilla, and put UK at bay for 4-5 rounds, but on the other, it reduced Germany`s capabilities in the East.

It is hard to evaluate it for me, but i would say it did not had much effect on the game outcome, since in that battle both sides lost a lot.

Concerning pure IPCs, i think the axis pulled more from that (+TUV from that battle , and the IPC that Italy took in a few rounds, and UK did not).

• I look forward to or 5th and 6th game :)

Godspeed :)

and of course, feel free to comment the 4th game as well :)

• @Amon-Sul totally agree, the india bombing and attack was a little bit despreate but i wanted to get rid of the yunnan stack (at least for 1 round). In order to that I lost one aircraft more than I calculated (i also wanted scramble options at the Phillies and def in FIC as well, so I thought I could stand in 42. But as the attacker you have the choice to remain or retreat. So you challenged it and got the reward.
    I also agree to the europe side. I wanted to threaten a possible 2 carrier taranto attack UK1 with 3 new fighter and got carried away sinking the UK fleet in 92. All the money spent and lost there was missing at the russian boarder at costs of a strong italy. But it’s imo to difficult to secure the italian navy and the main land against US+UK. They got lots of money but can’t use it as efficient as germany could.
    Therefore your win is totally ok. Next time I might not build 3 extra planes with germany (as I was wanted to do… ;-))

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m