L24 BM4 jkeller(Axis) vs axis-dominion(Allies+20)

• 2024 '22

Going for Egypt with med play in this version is so difficult to pull off withGermany having to make plane buys, planes being out of position, Italy needing some good dice, etc. I thought I almost accomplished something until I lost some planes to dicing and gave ANZAC a 66% shot at taking Egypt and now the whole game in Europe has been turned upside down real quick. Very frustrating. You definitely capitalized on those opportunities very well, though, most would not be able to do that so well and that was impressive. I thought I had a won game and now a turn later I don’t even know if I should bother continuing

• @jkeller said in L24 BM4 jkeller(Axis) vs axis-dominion(Allies+20):

Going for Egypt with med play in this version is so difficult to pull off withGermany having to make plane buys, planes being out of position, Italy needing some good dice, etc. I thought I almost accomplished something until I lost some planes to dicing and gave ANZAC a 66% shot at taking Egypt and now the whole game in Europe has been turned upside down real quick. Very frustrating. You definitely capitalized on those opportunities very well, though, most would not be able to do that so well and that was impressive. I thought I had a won game and now a turn later I don’t even know if I should bother continuing

i hear your pain, you definitely had a very strong opening and if that kept up you should have been winning. i think there’s still a lot of game left and might be premature to throw the towel, but your call. if you did i’d be down for a rematch.

• 2024 '22

I am pretty disgusted with how this game went last round of moves so I will probably just forfeit it and I would love to start a new one with you after that but if you don’t mind since I have limited time right now I will focus on advancing my other ongoing games first so it might be a couple weeks. In the meantime I will see if I have the will to play this one out.

• @jkeller said in L24 BM4 jkeller(Axis) vs axis-dominion(Allies+20):

I am pretty disgusted with how this game went last round of moves so I will probably just forfeit it and I would love to start a new one with you after that but if you don’t mind since I have limited time right now I will focus on advancing my other ongoing games first so it might be a couple weeks. In the meantime I will see if I have the will to play this one out.

Ok sounds good

• '15 '14

@jkeller said in L24 BM4 jkeller(Axis) vs axis-dominion(Allies+20):

I believe it’s premature to give up at this point. I’ve heard you’re a strong chess player. In chess terms, I’d say you’re perhaps a pawn down with not much compensation, around -0.8 to -1.2, but not a piece down or more. Against Stockfish, it might look grim, but against any human opponent and factoring in luck, there’s still a game left for the Axis.

You have several advantages slowing down the Axis, such as a strong Italian ground force in Africa that will be difficult to eliminate and a healthy Italian fleet that will require significant effort to sink. Additionally, you have a fierce defense in Caro. Japan may appear worse off than it is; it can retake islands, and the Allies have almost no loaded transports.

However, Japan is overstretched. Against 17 or 18 + 2 Siberian Russians, it’s better not to commit to going north. Instead, maintain a stalemate at Manchuria and focus your efforts on keeping India and China small, along with enough troops for island warfare.

Throw everything into breaking through to Volgo and the Caucasus as soon as possible. Even if this might risk allowing the Russians a potentially game-winning attack (I didn’t run numbers), but if they succeed, you can safely resign. If the dice roll in your favor, you’re back in the game. If the Russians hesitate, you can gain some ground.

I apologize for offering unsolicited advice. AD and I are friends, and he was disappointed you wanted to resign, so I took another look. Knowing AD, he prefers competitive positions, so his disappointment suggests he wouldn’t resign as the Axis.

• '15 '14

@jkeller said in L24 BM4 jkeller(Axis) vs axis-dominion(Allies+20):

Going for Egypt with med play in this version is so difficult to pull off withGermany having to make plane buys, planes being out of position, Italy needing some good dice, etc. […]

I don’t think there’s an easy way for the Axis to take Egypt by force early on if the Allies play correctly, whether in Vanilla or BM. Losing Egypt early as the Allies typically happens due to one of three reasons:

1. General misplays or dice disasters by the Allies.
    2. The Allies deliberately gave up Egypt, at least partially, to make significant gains elsewhere.
    3. The Axis heavily overcommitted and paid a steep price, such as a risky and costly German airstrike.

If the Allies play cautiously and anticipate potential Axis moves, they should be able to hold Egypt early. However, this often comes at the cost of delaying other priorities such as a stronghold in 110 for example.

• '15 '14

“You have several advantages slowing down the Axis
    Must read “Allies” of course

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m