L24: Arthur Bomber Harris vs Farmboy (A+41) OOB

• inf in yunnan. subs in 106 and 91 and 111. Figs in volgograd and Moscow.

• Edit Policy:
    a) Once a combat roll is made no edits of any kind before the combat roll occurred are allowed with two exceptions.

Forgotten Units. A “Forgotten Unit” is a unit that never moved during that Power’s Turn and that unit unequivocally and without any doubt was just forgotten to be moved and that the requested edited move is obviously the intended move if the unit had not been forgotten. Any doubt, no matter how small, voids this exception. Including any potential gain of knowledge received due to dice rolls.

Obvious misclicks such as sending a bomber on a factory raid and having it instead have it use a standard attack.

b) Edits for forgotten walk-ins are generally allowed during the non-combat phase

c) Any Edit necessary to fix an illegal move. Such as flying a plane over a Neutral into combat. Not unloading combat ground troops picked up during the Combat Move phase from a transport during an Amphibious Attack. Not placing all possible units during the Mobilize New Units phase.

d) after posting, I generally allow a half hour for edits unless the person asks for additional time to reconsider their non-combat and build options in which case I grant unlimited time to make the edits.

e) I generally allow edits to correct obvious non-combat mistakes but such permissions are not automatic.

• This game will be the 2024 playoff final assuming we do in fact meet in the match. Otherwise it will count as a regular league match

• 40891_01_G scramble quest.tsvg

Scrambles in SZ110 and SZ111? Also please confirm proper bid placement and let me know if you disagree with any of the edit policy posted above.

2126f8fe-f6a4-42da-964a-eab83d94465b-image.png

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris bids are good. And I’m fine with the edit policy. My practice here is edits (along the lines of what you have identified - ncms and placement and walk-in combats that were not contingent on rolled dice) are fine before posting. Once someone posts, one can still edit but it requires consent from one’s opponent (I don’t operate it with a 30 min rule but it makes sense that edits would normally come soon after posting). And any edit that involves dice or could have been impacted by dice requires consent from one’s opponent. Basically I am relaxed about this when I am asked, but defer to my opponent when I request them. and I won’t argue if they say no.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris full scramble in both, and the sub fights in 111. Max D in 110. In 111 that is probably the case but I’ll want to see your rolls before deciding on that.

• I am also very relaxed on edits; I want to win by good dice luck, not by dumb mistakes. Let’s see what happens as you just introduced so much luck into turn 1. This very easily could swing the game wildly in one direction or the other.

• 40891_01_g-scramble-ques round 1.tsvg

I am going slow in sz111 as you have tough decisions. One German sub hit. What do you want to select. Non-obvious choice

baefe6c1-19fe-4eb3-9a28-fcab29b2c794-image.png

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris tilt the battleship

• if it is not too late, I’m going to go with the sub instead. Decision was pre coffee. Of course, its fine if I got it too late

• @farmboy no problem, I will do the sub.

• Two hits from the planes. Lose the destroyer or the cruiser?

5ddab8ea-25d7-4476-ba60-4cea43d1e30e-image.png 40891_01_g-scramble-ques-round-1b.tsvg

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris destroyer. Have to hope I get at least two hits here

• @farmboy will do the next role in a few hours. 0-1 hit I celebrate. 2 hits I fight another round. 3 hits I retreat. 4 hits I cry.

• 40891_01_g end.tsvg

Not great, but not a disaster. I don’t think that SZ 110 scramble was advantageous for you, but let’s see how it plays out.

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 artilleries and 6 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
            3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
            1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
            1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern France
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
            2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France

Combat - Germans
            British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
            British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 110 Sea Zone
            Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                2 fighters owned by the Germans, 1 bomber owned by the Germans and 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans retreated
                British win with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -9
                Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
            Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters; French defend with 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                Germans win with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 32
                Casualties for Germans: 1 battleship, 1 fighter and 2 submarines
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters
                Casualties for French: 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Germans attack with 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 10 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 6 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 4 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
            Battle in France
                Germans attack with 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery; French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                Germans converts factory_major into different units
                Germans win, taking France from French with 5 armour and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 20
                Casualties for Germans: 3 artilleries and 7 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
            Battle in Southern France
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Moving scrambled unit from 111 Sea Zone  back to originating territory: Scotland
            Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 124 Sea Zone
            1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                  Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
            1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Denmark to 113 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Denmark to Western Germany
            1 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 aaGun moved from 113 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                  Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
            2 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
            3 aaGuns, 3 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            3 infantry moved from Poland to Slovakia Hungary

Place Units - Germans
            3 artilleries and 6 infantry placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,3
            Germans collect 39 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 58 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs
            Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs

• Changed my mind. Want to land a fighter along with a tac in Belgium will edit later this evening shouldn’t affect the Russia turn much…

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris obviously no problem about the edit.

I think your assessment is right. Not great for the axis but not a disaster. 111 and Yugo went well for me. 110 was a bit below average for me and in France you can be happy you didn’t lose any fast movers and I can be happy that you lost everything else.

I had hoped in 110 I would hit at least 1 more air but its pretty close to the average. I don’t mind that outcome because there are no units I have to clean up after, and I still beat the average TUV exchange compared to not scrambling.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris one thing I’ve noticed is that its always set to triple a forums and the topic ID is missing when I open the file. I’m guessing that might be because you are choosing Play by email instead of play by forum. Its not a big deal but thought I would check.

• @farmboy I have been doing pbem. Is the forum working now?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m