Global 1940 Combat Engineer Unit

• @barnee
    Combat Engineer units can move a Minor Industrial Complex up to 2 spaces.

It takes two Combat Engineer units to move a Minor Industrial Complex.

Minor Industrial Complexes that exist from Early 1940 (game start) or are purchased during the game can be moved by Combat Engineer units.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Trout

In case you missed it, you have been playing correctly.

• @The-Captain Thanks for the clarification on that. My original inquiry seeking clarification still stands though. If you move a factory into a territory controlled by one of your partners, who can mobilize units from it? For example, if German CE’s move minor IC from Paris to Greece which is controlled by Italy, can Germany mobilize units from it?? Second related question, if you move a factory into a partner territory, who can mobilize units from it? For example, if UK moves minor IC built in Persia to Caucasus, can it mobilize UK units from there??

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Trout

It looks as if you have to control the TTy to produce units there and you have to end movement in a TTy you control.

You can move through an Allied TTy if moving 2 spaces.

Screenshot from 2024-09-16 15-15-43.png

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Only the owner of a Minor Industrial Complex can move it.

The owner must place a National Marker under the Minor Industrial Complex when it is transported.

The Minor Industrial Complex can be moved through or into a friendly controlled territory.

Only the owner can produce units on this Minor Industrial Complex.

The owner can produce units on this Minor Industrial Complex only when the movement ends in a territory that is controlled by the owner of the Minor Industrial Complex from the start of that turn.

• @The-Captain Thanks for that clarification. By the way, I think the Combat Engineers are one of your best additions to HRE. There’s an entire line of strategic thought that goes into how to utilize them and when. For our game playing, I find that it brings some urgency to the game in that the Allies cannot prevent the fall of China if Japan focuses on it early. After that, if India falls and the CE’s have moved minor IC’s to western China provinces then Soviet Union is under extreme pressure at that time. So I find that the UK needs to put alot of thought into how to reinforce India and the USA needs to have a well thought-out and executed strategy to either hit Germany hard in continental landings, hit Japan hard in the Pacific or both because Soviet Union will not survive long without very meaningful help from their UK/USA buddies

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@Trout

The Combat Engineer unit is truly a much needed unit on the game board.

I suggest that you examine our Game Reports - you’ll find the Combat Engineer in many of our games.

Concerning the Soviet Union’s ability to survive, I suggest that you go to the Strategy Guide thread - and examine the Soviet Union Strategy Guide.

We can discuss further Soviet Strategy on that thread - and I’m willing to inform of one of my Most Precious Soviet Strategies.

• @The-Captain

I would love to hear more about your Most Precious Soviet Strategies. I love talking about strategy, especially if it’s about my favorite power when it comes to tactical decision making 😀

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m