Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports

• @the-captain said in Global 1940 Expansions Game Report Thread:

RISK was our favorite game - until we discovered Axis & Allies

:grin:

Absolutely. I was taking the ferry south to Washington from Alaska. Met a guy who told me about A&A. We had bought a Risk board for a buck at the thrift store in Homer and were playing it.

No more Risk after that lol

Germans got there asses kicked. Weak RD 1 roll. 4 hits I think and the commies countered hard. disobeyed the Fuhrer and withdrew lol

Germans Got there asses kicked.png

This game must have seen heavy losses on both sides - I don’t see many surviving troops anywhere on the game board…

yea there was a major blood bath in late '45 I think. Recruitment has been down for both sides lol

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Russian manpower finally exhausted. Lost there one counterattack. Brits need to get there quick. USA Air 2 turns away

End R9.png

Yunnan battle didn’t happen. UK too strong. Trying to contain with JPN. Not looking good for what i thought was a sure Axis Victory.

Heh heh it’s pretty fun finding out though lol

Yunnan Fail.png

• @barnee

It’s just annoying that killing the Soviet Union and Egypt doesn’t let the Axis win-how’s Africa?

• @barnee

What is the Economic situation according to the Expanded National Production Chart?

@the-captain said in Global 1940 Expansions Game Report Thread:

@barnee

What is the Economic situation according to the Expanded National Production Chart?

It’s 214 Allies 150 Axis Early '48 G10. JPN took some major hits. Think the Allies can just sit on it and strangle now unless a miracle attack on Moscow

162 103 without bonus points

• @barnee

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Went ahead and called this one for the Allies. Losing the earlier Moscow battle or at least not killing enough for a successful follow up attack, pretty much sealed it. Idk, I might still be going to heavy in W Europe, Even a couple more units woulda been key in the battle. Or fly some more air in range.

I never did attack N Africa after Italy got taken out. Thought about it, but it was gonna be pretty much a one time shot without investing a lot of resources to support it. Figured the threat would tie down some UK units anyway, which it did.

JPN seemed to do pretty good. Got the Islands early, held on to DNG for a few turns. Kept India at bay for the most part. Maybe I should’ve made a push for Russia a bit sooner. Wanted China conquered first though.

Anyway was a Fun game. Got some fixes sorted which I’ll update in a bit. I guess I should test out the Basic Expansion next, but kinda want to keep playing with all the bells and whistles lol

EXP 7.534 Game 5 2-12-22 REDO.tsvg

Test game 17 of 1940 ( have 5 in 43 also ) and decided to mix it up a bit. Bugs still popping up but don’t need to just play to test any more : )

Anyway, went with more of a Naval strat for Germany. Didn’t follow the strat guide to the T but still went with some heavy U-boat builds. Unfortunately, the 111 SZ attack went poorly for the Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe, with the Brits only suffering a single hit to their BB.
    111 SZ Aftermath.png
    The ensuing British counterattack basically dusted the Kriegsmarine, except for a couple U-boats in 106 SZ, and also Luftwaffe lost 3 Fighters. The British fleet was sunk and they had a -3 TUV in the battle, but still a good trade, especially killing the German Air.

Anyway, it forced Germany into U-boat only builds instead of a CV and a couple Me-109T. Still having success especially with Convoy Damage in 109.

Rommel will be landing in N Africa Late 41. Has enough support to create a Desert Army. Eastern Front probably a little light because of this, but they’re gonna get the bulk of the resources going forward.

The commies may have went a little aggressive in their builds, idk. They have a couple commiesars and a TG. Have their Paras maxed out too. Been withdrawing almost everything from the Far East as well.
    R End Early 41.png

I just blow all their dough and only save before the Conscripts turn. Have a couple minefields in Belarus and one in UKR. Went a little heavy up North instead of withdrawing. Germany will need to commit some Air and the Paras will make them have to defend in depth.

Japan just focused on china. Basically this is to test the USA National Guard Rule or I probably woulda attacked by now. Haven’t decided if i want to keep ignoring USA or not. They’re making over 90 bucks now and i should be able to take the Philippines, although it’ll take about everything, so might as well just do a DOW.

Downside is UK and ANZAC got their Bonus dough because they made a DOW in Early 41. Pretty major income boost for them.
    End Early 41.png

USA reinforced Philipines, not quite as heavy as suggested but will cost JPN a lot to take it. Forgot to dust the Naval Base at Subic Bay. Might just edit that. Have an Arty build from last turn I can trade. Set up for L&L when the balloon finally goes up. Have some ASW assets ready for the Atlantic.
    End Early 41 B.png

End Early 41 c.png

China gonna probably lose their FTR but doing about the best they can.

UK barely hanging on to Egypt and at the expense of GIB but were able to successfully counterattack in Jordan and Killed iraq. Went max on India builds and took Sumatra and reinforced and Fortified instead of going to E Africa as I usually do.

The Trprt that reinforced GIB been running from U-boats ever since. Think they’re gonna make it. Had a successful landing in the Netherlands in Early 41. Set up for L&L Air Units, although they still need to repair the AB in Scotland. Unfortunately lost their Bomber on a raid against Normandy Factory to AA fire.

Italy been doing good. Invested heavy in Paras and made a strong landing in Syria. Didn’t push the Egypt battle and took GIB for the bonus dough instead. Have a small Force in Romania.
    End Early 41 Italy.png

ANZAC doing well also. Took Java and Celebes. Sent major Air reinforcement to India. Need to reinforce NG and Fortify. Build another FTR.

The French successfully escaped the Med and got a U-boat kill in 106.

Anyway, it’s about to get REAL lol

EXP 7.61 Game 17 2-27-22.tsvg

It’s Early 1942
    The Wehrmacht is in need of some major reinforcement on the Eastern Front. Huge blunder in Norway. Kriegsmarine assured the Fuhrer they were safe from UK attack, but Soviet Paras took the OKW by surprise and successfully landed.

Infuriated, the Fuhrer sacked the Chief of Staff. ( fortunately for him it’s still early in the war or he would’ve had him executed lol ) They have a strong position in E POL with Army Group Centre formed but need reinforced so they don’t overextend themselves.

After a disastrous Italian attack on Egypt, Rommel is advising against a continued push against Egypt and instead using his Fallschirmjäger Division to take Jordan and cutoff the British Fleet from the Med.

It will cause the temporary disbandment of his Army, but the Desert Fox knows that Armor reinforcements will restore it before the Enemy can move against him. His request for Luftwaffe support is under consideration.

UK have made another small landing in Belgium and taken control. The Kriegsmarine is being ordered to withdraw from Sea Zone 109. It’s destination is unknown.
    End Late 41.png

End Late 41 B.png

The Soviets have sown almost the entirety of the Eastern Front with Landmines. Despite General Zhukov’s pleas for more Tanks or at least Elite Infantry, Stalin only begrudgingly allowed a single Elite Infantry to form after the Nazi attack on the Rodina.

Let the Hun fear every step was his reply.

Stalin is pleased with Western Lend Lease support and has ordered Mass Conscription beginning Early 1942.
    Russian LMs Early 42.png

After a self indulged ego ethnocentric rant against the Western Allies, Prime minister Tojo announces a Declaration of War against them. In true Japanese form, combat operations had started hours earlier.

In what was expected to be a hard fought but sure victory in the Philippines, MacArthur’s Forces repulsed the Japanese Army. His Army Air Corps was especially effective.
    The obliteration of the overconfident Japanese Army and the loss of two Fighters forced a humiliating retreat. Several officers committed hari-kari.

Their efforts against china were hard pressed as well. Even though they won a victory by killing the Flying Tiger Air unit, they did so with a single Armor unit surviving, which was quickly defeated by counterattack.
    End JPN Late 41.png

The Americans promised swift vengeance on japan for it’s cowardly attack on the Philippines, but despite MacArthur’s Heroic defense, their initial counterattacks failed completely.

An Elite Army Infantry unit with Artillery was sent against the Marianas Islands and were destroyed without generating a single Enemy casualty.
    Likewise, an overly aggressive Sub Commander attacked a IJN DD off Singapore and was promptly sunk.

Under orders from President Roosevelt, MacArthur reluctantly withdrew from the Philippines, sending 2 Fighters to Carriers in SZ 54 and himself and 2 Fighters to New Guinea. Australia has promised immediate Infantry support.
    The Bulk of the US Navy is now anchored off Queensland with another Fleet forming off the Western US coast.

The Atlantic Fleet has sailed to 91 SZ to challenge the Italian Navy. They have also activated Brazilian Infantry units.

Well found a major Paratrooper bug and as much fun as this one is, it’s too impactful game wise, so gonna have to start a new one lol. But i’ll recap the Early 1943 anyway : )

Army Group North pulled a Stalingrad and was encircled lol
    End G Late 42.png

The Fuhrer forbade retreat but Manstein simply ignored him and saved the bulk of his Army.

End R Early 43.png

Rommel has broken out into the Heart of Africa, but as usual, his lines of communication are suspect.

Rommel Game 17 G7.png

Russia successfully took Norway again and comrade stalin’s Conscripts have stalled any German advance and are threatening major counterattacks.

Japan finally conquered china in Early 43, although UK was able to at least temporarily liberate. Major Battles for the Dutch East Indies and with Indian Forces in Burma.

@barnee went ahead and played out early 43. Allies have the upper hand. Probably should translate to victory but Russia needs to honor the Japanese threat and pull some troops away from Germany. Rommel may or may not go off in Africa.

USA and ANZAC putting some big pressure on the IJN. Italy hasn’t been able to reinforce Eastern front but looking fairly strong otherwise and still has it’s Navy and it’s Paras continue to stay on the Offensive.

Japan, whether they want to or not, and they don’t, have to attack russia.

Idk, it’s 199 to 178 Allies in IPC. Could change quickly though and in Allies favor.

Anyway, I’ll try a similar strategy with the Para fix. Still think it’s better for an earlier JPN attack. Could just be my playstyle though, as I’m really an intermediate player at best lol

• @barnee

As soon as I get my pc system installed - and TripleA downloaded, we can take a test game together.

Both the G40 and G43.

This might give us a better overview of bugs etc.

• @barnee

Really? I thought you were an expert given the many games you played and the amount of effort time put into these online versions.

Please let the Axis win!

@barnee

As soon as I get my pc system installed - and TripleA downloaded, we can take a test game together.

Both the G40 and G43.

This might give us a better overview of bugs etc.

Sweet ! 2 sets of eyes is 3 times better than 1 lol

Raeder got a nice Fleet going

Screenshot from 2022-03-13 03-20-32.png

Needs a Destroyer

Maybe go big with the Bismark. Idk. Probably better to get Infantry to send against those commie russian bastards

• @barnee

Nice! I totally agree with your suggestions!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Some of the game results from the Axis & Allies Northern Europe Wiking-Con event will be posted here in the Game Report Thread.

The first one is here:

Global 1940, No. 3 Game Report:

This Global 1940 Game Report includes the complete Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

Players:
    Axis: Cornelis Post
    Allies: The Captain

Early 1940 - Early 1943:
    Germany builds up massive Panzer forces - and increases the U-boat production for the Battle of The Atlantic.
    The attack on the Soviet Union is launched in Late 1941.

Japan attacks Philippines in Late 1940 - triggering a State Of War between all Nations - except Soviet Union.

The Allies are producing at full capacity, trying to slow down the Axis advance into Asia, the Pacific, Africa and Russia.

Late 1943:
    The German advance into the Soviet Union is halted by heavily defended Soviet lines.
    Germany takes over Italy.

The Japanese advance into China is halted - Japan has spend most of it’s forces in the Pacific - fighting against increasing Allied forces.

India & China is fighting deep into Chinese territory - trying to push back the Japanese forces.

Early 1944 - Early 1945:
    The German Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe & Kriegsmarine are all on the defensive.

The Soviet Union is on the offensive - using Paratrooper unkits to attack deep into the German Hinterland - and thereby increasing the Soviet economy on a massive scale.

Soviet Tank production reaches it’s peak in Late 1944 - more than 75 Soviet Tank units are fighting on the German Eastern Front - building up for the last offensive on the German Reichshauptstadt Berlin.

Japan is being pushed back in China - and the Japanese defense in the Pacific has simply collapsed under the pressure from US & ANZAC units.

The Final Allied Victory is a fact in Early 1945.

With an IPC income level at 207 IPC, The Allies have won an Economic Victory.

Pictures from the start of Early 1945:

IMG_5315[1].JPEG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5317[1].JPG
    IMG_5318[1].JPEG
    IMG_5319[1].JPEG
    IMG_5320[1].JPEG
    IMG_5321[1].JPG
    IMG_5322[1].JPG
    IMG_5323[1].JPG
    IMG_5324[1].JPG
    IMG_5325[1].JPG