Metal Flight Stands - Status update - Jan 21, 2018 - IN STOCK

• '17 '16

FYI, Marc CWO is a major stockholder in Litko Game Accessories…

:-D :wink:

• @Wolfshanze:

FYI, Marc CWO is a major stockholder in Litko Game Accessories…

For the record, I’m not – major, minor, or otherwise, except just possibly through some obscure corporate pension plan holdings that I’m not even aware of.  I’ve ordered a couple of times from Litko, but that’s it.

• Ya what I’ve seen I figured it wouldn’t be a good idea to wait. But it couldn’t hurt to ask. Thanks guys

• @bgugs:

I have an order I want to place through you guys but also want these stands, and it would be nice to save on shipping. Should I bother holding out for these or do you think I would be wasting my time?

I wouldn’t wait. We’ve been waiting on an estimated arrival of new stock on these since “End of April” … and as far as we can gather through conversation they have not even been manufactured yet.

• '14

@CWO:

As another option, note that Litko Game Accessories…

http://www.litko.net/

…has a large variety of acrylic flight stands, in many shapes and sizes…

http://www.litko.net/categories.php?category=Flight-Stands-%26-Accessories

…including separate bases, pegs and toppers.  Litko is never out-of-stock because they don’t actually keep an inventory; they manufacture units on demand as orders arrive.

@CWO:

Here’s an example of a small-sized Litko flight stand, and an example of their toppers.  The description page for the flight stand actually includes a review by an A&A Global 1940 player.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Mini-Flight-Stands-(10)#.WWPTS0-Wymw

Mini Flight Stands (10)

Product Description

Set of 10 stands

Mini flight stands are perfect for your board game pieces, and smaller vehicles. The triangular foot design allows you to pack a bunch of figures in a small space. Each stand is supplied with a 1 inch peg, and are compatible with all of LITKO’s flight stand pegs and accessories. These markers require assembly. We recommend our Craftics #33 acrylic cement for all our multi-part plastic products.

Product Reviews

1. Great for A&A 1940 Global

Posted by Brad on 29th Jul 2014

I purchased 4 of these stands to make 40 total for use in Axis and Allies 1940 2nd Ed. Global. These are great to add some dimension to a crowded board. The bases sit nicely on the A&A unit counter chips. I used 20 or so stands in Europe, since most planes are land based. This helped to free up some space since most of Europe is filled with land and air units at initial setup. Air units that were carrier based did not get a stand. I used 10 stands on the Pacific board since most of the air units are, or will be, carrier based. Overall a great addition to a game I love. The only downside is that some pegs seemed to fit some bases better than others, with a little finesse they all got assembled. Craftics #33 Cement was used to assemble bases and attach units, worked great.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Flight-Peg-Toppers-(20)#.WWPUgE-Wymw

Flight Peg Toppers (20)

Product Description

Set of 20 peg toppers.

Flight Peg Toppers provide a larger “glue-able area” at the top of the flight peg to make it easier to attach models.

Designed for use with our standard 3mm - 1/8 diameter flight pegs.

Thanks for the share. These have been around for awhile. I have had them in the past and the bases have to be so big because of the light weight material that it ends up being a nuisance.

I used to dabble in cnc machinery, maybe its time again ;)

• Sponsor

:wink:

• '14

Ask and you shall receive!

These are not readily available pegs from an online store.  The ones we used here are extruded acrylic rods that need to be cut to length. They have HIGH machine tolerance levels. What that means is they are 0.001"+/- from the advertised diameter, and they can be press fit into the base without glue. And no, they will not work loose. You need pliers and a lot of force to pull them apart. The base has more than enough density to stand up right with the biggest bombers in the game even if the table is knocked around. The base is a nickel coated steel 12mm in diameter that fits the center of the counter chips perfectly just like the infantry do.

Having just mentioned the infantry, the stands are 32mm tall from the table top to the tip of the peg, leaving more than enough room for that pesky japanese bayonet.

I hope the community enjoys them as much as I did making them for you!

Flight stands by wartorn.jpg

• We have a quote in for a new manufacture of the Flight Stands.

These are not made by (or for) FMG, but rather by our manufacturer. Waiting on a few questions to be answered, but we are looking at an initial run of approximately 5000 stands to be sold in 10 piece sets at $10 (CAD) per set.

Assuming there is enough interest, we’re a major step closer to getting these in by year end (if all goes well).

• '14

Are they going to be exactly like the previous FMG flight stands that were available? Material, specs, etc…

• @warTorn:

Are they going to be exactly like the previous FMG flight stands that were available? Material, specs, etc…

That’s the plan yes.

• Currently in the process of being manufactured (no longer an FMG Product … all new manufacturer, contracted by IWNGU)

Expected restock End of January 2018 if all goes according to plan.

• In stock now!

http://iwillnevergrowup.com/shop/flightstand

** Awaiting the magnets but they are on their way this week - First orders of Flight Stands will ship out Saturday Jan 27th.

• '18 '17

$11.95 US for shipping?  And am I correct that PayPal is the only payment option?  Am I missing something from the website?

• @Navymule:

$11.95 US for shipping?  And am I correct that PayPal is the only payment option?  Am I missing something from the website?

All prices listed are Canadian.

$11.95 Canadian (approx $9 us) for shipping is our base amount (higher weights have a higher shipping price based on current Canada Post rates).
    $9.95 Canadian for 10 stands + 10 magnets (approx $8 us).

Paypal is our payment gateway however you can use credit card through Paypal and do not have to have a Paypal account to do so.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

I have now received 110 of these stands and can say they are awesome!

Grabbed some Italians as well liked them so much….

Just made another order for a tad more Italians to flesh out my army and ordered the IPC poker chips. Have custom poker chips made by Game Knight but these IPC chips well feel right at home playing Global War 36’ or any Axis & Allies game.

Especially since my nine year old son is interested in the games.

Thank you I Will Never Grow Up!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m